General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

37 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Very glad they picked up Moss.  Hopefully it is a vet min contract with maybe some performance incentives, so once he is here they can cut him if he's not good to go without any dead cap impact.  Hopefully TE coach gets him in to run him through drills soon

I love love love that he had no drops in 2019.  None.

I am at the point that I am Ok with Chase as the pick at 5 as long as we get a starting quality OT not named Eichenberg or Radunz and a starting quality ORG who can also play center (or vice versa) not named Dickerson with the r2 and r3 pick.

No, waiting til round 4 for another OL will not be acceptable. 

not this year

47 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

I am at the point that I am Ok with Chase as the pick at 5 as long as we get a starting quality OT not named Eichenberg or Radunz and a starting quality ORG who can also play center (or vice versa) not named Dickerson with the r2 and r3 pick.

No, waiting til round 4 for another OL will not be acceptable. 

not this year

I would be thrilled with Eichenberg at 38. All notre dame does now is grind out quality nfl linemen - especially at T. 

• Like 1

McGlinchy, Ronnie Stanley, Zack Martin, Quentin Nelson  - etc  ---- they know how to coach them there. They come into the league ready to contribute. Not sure what he's done to land on your do not want list. He's plug and play at RG from day 1 and RT ready when you want him to be. He's on my short list for 38 behind Leatherwood. 

Eichenberg at 38 is probably too good to be true.   I'm not sure why any Bengal fan wanting OL would be upset with his selection.

He's was a 4 star rated tackle out of Cleveland.  The same class as Jonah Williams which has produced several high quality D1 Power 5 starters that have gone on and got drafted in the NFL. 

Landon Young from Kentucky would be a player to keep an eye on for later rounds out of the same class.    Tommy Kraemer from ND would be another.

3 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Tobin appears to be correct in stating there are OL starting grades through out the draft.   The 2016, 2017 and 2018 classes appear to be producing a lot of NFL prospects.  

Yup, Tobin appears to be right this year. There should be starting-caliber OGs left in the fourth when we come up again. A first 4 rounds of Chase, BOTA, BDPA, BIOLA would be my ideal.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Yup, Tobin appears to be right this year. There should be starting-caliber OGs left in the fourth when we come up again. A first 4 rounds of Chase, BOTA, BDPA, BIOLA would be my ideal.

My dream scenario as well with some slight amendments.

Chase/Pitts, BOTA, BIOLA, BDPA

Something like

Chase, Leatherwood, Humphreys or Wyatt Davis, Milton Williams

• Like 2

4 hours ago, membengal said:

Did he respond to your question on his avi? He's a huge anime guy. 

He seemed to know who I was referring to when I said his twitter avatar looked a lot like the 4th Raikage (a character in an anime called Naruto)

His answer was that the avatar was a pic of himself

(I dont remember ever seeing him with a white goatee, tho)