General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

pray tell me why does a pro bowl player get traded away for a mere 5th round pick?

Maybe a better question is why we cant ever seem to get a pro bowl player for a song like that?

Maybe a better question still is why am I asking this question that I already know several correct (yet sad) answers to it?

2 hours ago, COB said:

Margus Hunt was the personification of a certain vulnerability the Bengals had for a long time.  Mike, or someone in power, had a real weakness when it came to combine performance/measurables.

Jerome Simpson!  He had the biggest hands in the draft!  That center who’s name I’ve blocked out, could bench approximately one million pounds.  

We’ve certainly taken our share of combine athletes.

Mike had nothing to do with it.   That was Zimmer.

Hunt was a freakish athlete that couldn't get it to translate into stats on the field.    Hunt destroyed blocking schemes and tackles.   Just couldn't get the QB to the ground often enough.    IMO, just couldn't corner well enough.

Zimmer infamously compared him to JJ Watt on one of the Hard Knocks.   Him being drafted in the 2nd round and that comparison did him no favors with Bengal fans.  

He's had a 7 year career. (Maybe more)    There's plenty of 2nd rounders that don't get that.

• Like 1

It’s going to take more than Burrow #1 and a bunch of rookies to make me change my mind of this team. Burrow is a step in the right direction but sitting Idly by as other teams are being aggressive in trying to improve their roster is yet again very irritating.

Mind you none of this is surprising... 

• Like 1