49ers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

On 9/11/2019 at 10:14 PM, COB said:

The voices coming out of my tv said the Seahawks D just refused to take a linebacker out and put an extra DB in.  Andy kept coming to the line of scrimmage and seeing a run-stopping defense that was vulnerable to the pass.  I doubt the Niners will do the same.

We'll see.  49ers coaches are all disciples of the same scheme.  But, it's possible our passing attack scares them enough to dial it back a little.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:06 PM, Stripes said:

As much as their fans might scoff at the notion, I think the Bengals have the better quarterback too.

Right now it's certainly the case.  Jimmy G saw very little pressure last week and was throwing picks anyway.  Hopefully the inaccuracies continue.

Time will tell on the penalties/turnovers.  Last week wasn't bad, though.

7 penalties and only 1 on the o-line.  7 puts you right in the middle of the pack of the NFL per game.  5 per game puts you among the best.  So, we didn't see anything offensive last week in this regard.  The Dre penalty is the one that concerns me, because that lack of composure was always a problem under Lewis.  I'd love to know how Taylor handled that one with Dre.

3 TO on paper, but I credit them with one (Erickson fumble).  The Dalton fumble in the rain is a clear fluke and his "fumble" at the end of the game was an incomplete pass.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 5:53 PM, AMPHAR said:

1 big worry!  A lot of positive vibes after week 1. 

That typically means they play like shit. 

This has been our history.  Marvin’s teams had no intestinal fortitude.  Zac Taylor needs to coach these guys up, today’s Game will be revealing.