Bengals vs Denver 12/2/18

ShulaSteakhouse

He's awesome.  

Basically, he says, "Our linemen got penalties.  They shouldn't do that.  Our quarterback did intentional grounding.  He shouldn't do that.  Our punt returner fumbled.  He shouldn't do that."

His insight and leadership qualities shine through.  

Also, Our players are undisciplined penalty committing underachievers.  And Mike Brown's solution is to install Hue Jackson as head coach?  All he wants to do is hug players and listen to their excuses and pat them on the back.  He lets them slack off, he lets them skip drills in practice, etc.  On Hard Knocks he was like a players' union rep.  He didn't want to work them hard in camp, and wanted to listen to every excuse and believe each and every one of them.  He's an indulgent softie.  The other coaches were not down with that and they had conflict over that.  Hue Jackson is the last thing this team needs.  

5 hours ago, kingwilly said:

Mike Brown just can't quit Marvin. 

To me, this post-game spew is about as lame as I've ever read from Marvin. 

https://www.bengals.com/news/postgame-quotes-bengals-broncos-week-13

Just making excuses, i.e. "came down to 3 plays." Yeah, you lost by 14,  your crappy team had 13 penalties like they do every week (this time a record!), your o-line can't block anybody, you drafted/signed them, take some responsibility for them and the last-ranked defense in the NFL, moron.  The LB's you drafted can't stop anybody either and they all SUCK and YOU drafted/signed them too! He's responsible for all of it, and he's going to blame it on a punt returner who "finally" muffs a punt after how long without doing so?  You can't overcome ONE turnover? Your "Franchise QB" turns it over multiple times, usually, every week! How's it different this week?

Push Marvin out the door now.  Or promote him, I don’t care which.

I’d just like to see all the young guys play out the string here.  Marvin is incapable of playing youngsters, so make Hue do it.  He doesn’t seem to mind losing games, so let him get trampled for the last month.

• 2 weeks later...

We get Denver in our place, they bitch-slap us 24-10.  Cleveland goes to mile high and beats them.  

Cleveland is so much better since they fired Hue Jackson, it is illogical that he’s even on our staff,  let alone being considered for our HC job.  

Hats off to Gregg Williams and the other people at the Mistake.  Kills me to admit it but they’ve put together a good team.  Hopefully they screw it up with coaching staff changes.

9 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I’ll take it a step further. I’m happy to see the Browns doing well. A coach who is now engaged in actually coaching. A roster with a difference maker at QB and talent around him. Built through the draft AND free agency.

Hmmmmm...

I don’t know.  Mike Brown took us through the 90s.  We still aren’t over it.

I doubt we be singing happy tunes here if we suffered what Cleveland did and just approached 8 wins. 

NFL is parity driven.  Bengals under Lewis have had playoff chances at a greater rate than most franchises since 2010. 

Browns are at the dead opposite end of the spectrum and are finally cycling upward. 

Bengals sin is inregards of not taking advantage of their best teams and now as they rebuild there cycle is taking longer because they have some bad decisions and draft choices and they aren’t even close to the inept Browns. 

i don’t really care to ever hear again about what Lewis has or has not done for this team. It just doesn’t matter anymore. Zero playoff wins, that’s what he has gotten this organization and it’s fans.

Its like touting how some of Dalton’s stats are comparable to some of the greats. Someone remind me how that has resulted in success.

Never...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

i don’t really care to ever hear again about what Lewis has or has not done for this team. 

You sure you don’t want to hear about his recent successes against our hated rival, Pittsburgh.

In the last 8 meetings, he’s won once.  

In the last 18 meetings, he’s won 3 times.  

This is a coach who gets to decide if he wants to come back?  Who gets a front office job and gets to hand his old job to his best friend?  

No wonder PBS was 2/3 empty today.