Week 11 - Ravens Talk

AMPHAR

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Week 11 - Ravens Talk
2 hours ago, GapControl said:

I can’t feel good about the Bengals until I see an actual defense on the field again. Maybe it’s time to recycle the LBers and half of the safeties.

Agreed.  No one feels good about this team right now.  

This defense has faced some historically great offenses the last few weeks.  Now they face a pedestrian offense dealing with injury.  They better show up.  

Marvin let Austin deal with some mismatches, then inserted himself as DC at what is clearly an opportune time.  The Brown family deserves some results from this guy.  They’ve indulged him beyond reason.

This little maneuver wherein he let Austin coach through the bye week (which would have been the logical time to release him and let Marvin take over), then let him take the pounding from the Saints,  just before jumping in to deal with the Ravens, the Browns twice, the Raiders, and the Broncos, speaks volumes about Marvin.  Pretty calculating, conniving, and self serving actions by Marvin.  Oh, and hey let me hire my best friend to come in and soak up some credit while I take a victory lap over some of the dregs of the league.  

• Thanks 1

https://local12.com/news/local/hamilton-county-bengals-work-out-a-deal-to-bring-a-music-venue-to-the-banks

The Brown family is barely paying attention to Marvin’s shenanigans.  They just conceded 30 million bucks to the county, agreed to help build a music venue on the river, and redid their lease so there are significant downgrades on how much the county has to spend on PBS improvements.

Significant work went into this thing.  Let’s just say it looks like a lot more work went into this than improving the o-line, or making a deal before the trade deadline.

5 hours ago, COB said:

Agreed.  No one feels good about this team right now.  

This defense has faced some historically great offenses the last few weeks.  Now they face a pedestrian offense dealing with injury.  They better show up.  

Marvin let Austin deal with some mismatches, then inserted himself as DC at what is clearly an opportune time.  The Brown family deserves some results from this guy.  They’ve indulged him beyond reason.

This little maneuver wherein he let Austin coach through the bye week (which would have been the logical time to release him and let Marvin take over), then let him take the pounding from the Saints,  just before jumping in to deal with the Ravens, the Browns twice, the Raiders, and the Broncos, speaks volumes about Marvin.  Pretty calculating, conniving, and self serving actions by Marvin.  Oh, and hey let me hire my best friend to come in and soak up some credit while I take a victory lap over some of the dregs of the league.  

Couldn't agree more.  This, this and THIS !!!
Marvin is an underhanded dickbag.

Flacco is doubtful now, and it's still unclear whether the starter will be Lamar Jackson or Robert Griffin.  I'd certainly rather face the known [bad] commodity in Griffin than the unknown that could do just about anything.  It may not matter if the defense is still in a place where holding a team to a field goal feels like a huge win.