Dillon to Oakland?

jamesbrooks21

Regarding Clarett.  Man, I'm torn on this one.  Yes, he did help us win a national championship at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, however, he did change the rule that was most covenant in all of sports.  If he's around in the 3rd, I'd almost say we pick him up.  Man I'm torn on this one.

You know, I'm torn too...but a little voice inside my head keeps saying this guy has raw talent, he's from OSU, and he just may be a great runningback for the Bengals. I just wish he had waited to come out, that's all. Maybe he's not smart enough to finish college. Lord knows I wasn't. Still wish I did, and sometime later, so too will he! I'll defer to Marvin on this one!! ;)

The only reason I don't want him is because of his youth and determination of destroying a great law in sports. Yet, LeBron James did the same thing and he's, well if you don't know then god forgive ya. Clarett has a TON OF raw talent and he's a very good player. I'm concerned with his conditioning which I'm sure if he was serious, he'd take care of that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are seeing Clarett through Ohio State coloured glasses.....He's not all that, especially when you factor in his inexperiance and the fact he didn't play this past year, AND and I can't stress this enough...The negative opinion that will come the way of the Bengals....Remember, this team is having to rebuild it's public image, and picking up Clarett will do nothing but hurt it....

You guys are seeing Clarett through Ohio State coloured glasses.....He's not all that, especially when you factor in his inexperiance and the fact he didn't play this past year, AND and I can't stress this enough...The negative opinion that will come the way of the Bengals....Remember, this team is having to rebuild it's public image, and picking up Clarett will do nothing but hurt it....

You're probably right, but you can't discredit his performance while he was an active participant of an organized and respected football organization.

ya from an outside ohio perspective hes "ok". Hes a watered down rudi johnson. And he is out of shape. How do you go to court make this huge case and big a** deal to play in the NFL and not be ready once it goes through? hes a dumb-f**k.

You're probably right, but you can't discredit his performance while he was an active participant of an organized and respected football organization.

I'm not, but you can't base a draft pick on one season, and that's all he's done....If he's sitting around in the 6th round, yeah, that might be worth the risk....But I think a 3rd round pick is just too damn high, and I'd be willing to bet most NFL execs feel that way too, but mainly cause he took them too court and won....I have a sneaky suspicion that pisses them off...

I'm not, but you can't base a draft pick on one season, and that's all he's done....If he's sitting around in the 6th round, yeah, that might be worth the risk....But I think a 3rd round pick is just too damn high, and I'd be willing to bet most NFL execs feel that way too, but mainly cause he took them too court and won....I have a sneaky suspicion that pisses them off...

From a preservation of the NFL and OSU supporter, can you not see why I'm torn!!!! :(:(:(:(

The fact is.. Clarett is seen basically as the 5th best running back in this years draft..

1.Steven Jackson...

2.Kevin Jones...

3.Greg Jones..

4.Chris Perry..

5.Maurice Clarett...

--he has first round ability...and to take him in the 3rd, would definitely be good value, especially if we trade Dillon for a high 3rd or a Second...

He didn't work out at the combine....If when he works out and shows his form from '02... 6'0 ,230 lbs.. and 4.45 speed, he's gonna sky rocket to a late 1st consideration.. If he's still there in round 3.. it's just good sense to draft him then.

How can you expect Maurice to be ready for the NFL when he isn't ready for the combine?

I think this would be a great trade for both teams, though I'm concerned the Raiders might just court him and then wait until June 1st when the Bengals have to cut him and pick him up for less. If we want to get a trade we may have to accept less then what Dillion is worth (Maybe a 4th round).

He filed a false report .............. lied about it, and then sued Ohio State for cooperating with the police. He didn't feel the need to do a darn thing at the combine and laughed off serious questions about the things I mentioned above.

Not to mention the fact that he sued the NFL.

His talent and durability are debateable, but he has a total lack of character. Pass it off as a lack of maturity if you want, but I've seen 5 year olds that stood up better when they got caught in the cookie jar.

He filed a false report .............. lied about it, and then sued Ohio State for cooperating with the police. He didn't feel the need to do a darn thing at the combine and laughed off serious questions about the things I mentioned above.

Not to mention the fact that he sued the NFL.

His talent and durability are debateable, but he has a total lack of character. Pass it off as a lack of maturity if you want, but I've seen 5 year olds that stood up better when they got caught in the cookie jar.

From a preservation of the NFL and OSU supporter, can you not see why I'm torn!!!! :(:(:(:(

welcome to the BengalsZone forum where we never stick with the topic and digress faster than anything you've seen. :D I'm probably most guilty for that.

You could safely say we are an eclectic group of Rabid Bengal Fans!! Once we get rollin', you don't know where we'll end up!! :lol:

welcome to the BengalsZone forum where we never stick with the topic and digress faster than anything you've seen.  :D  I'm probably most guilty for that.

You could safely say we are an eclectic group of Rabid Bengal Fans!! Once we get rollin', you don't know where we'll end up!! :lol:

Boy that's the truth. :D

Hey Joisey, did you notice on the Enquirer that the Bengals have interest in guard Ruben Brown? I would LOVE to have him.. what an upgrade from Goff to Brown. This line with one addition, could be the best in the business; now that's what I'm talking about. Can't have enough fatties there laddys.

Well according to the Enquirer.. Denver now has a vested interest in Dillon as well... The highest bidder will get Dillon because Cincinnati is dead set on getting a 2nd rounder for him.

Also---Cincinnati has leverage,because they now have the cap room to aquire Vincent and Marion, and keep Dillon;with the release of Jeff Burris.

Denver has picks # 41,and 54.

New England #'s...56,63

Raiders have one pick # 45...

Detroit..??? ( as a possibility ) has # 36....

-----------neither of these teams have more than 1 pick in the third round ....

New England and Denver could offer a second and a later pick, to counter the Raiders...

kirk: Brown would be fine with me. If he's interested at all, I'd quit mucking around with Vincent and make a run at him. He was released a while ago (for both salary and "philosophical" reasons) and I haven't seen much interest in him mentioned. Has he visited anyone?

chrish: I saw the Denver blurb but my gut tells me that's just Shanahan trying to scare/force the Raiders into giving up a higher pick than they otherwise might to get CD. Which is, of course, cool with me. I still think a 2nd is a pipe dream, tho; however, I could see something like the Raiders' fourth-rounder and a swap of our and their second-round picks.