Dillon to Oakland?

jamesbrooks21

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had thought from the start that DC and Oakland were the two most likely teams to trade for CD -- and obviously events have removed DC from that equation. Given the position Oakland picks in, their 3rd would be a steal; it's virtually a second-rounder, and even their fourth would be nice, giving us a chance to pick up one of the first-day-picks-that-slip-to-the-second steals.

That would make sense except for the fact that Hearst is going into his 12th year and has never really recovered from his injury from a couple years ago. It would just add more age to the already oldest team in football.

I think Oakland would be the most likely place for Dillion to land now, not to mention i think they still have picks to spare from the Gruden deal.

I hope they stay away from this site. I almost wish I wasn't so truthful about his cancer like qualities in my posts. Nah!!!!Here's hoping there is one more asshloe in Oakland! :blink:

I think that might be one of the things they like about him...These are Raiders fans after all

I hope they stay away from this site. I almost wish I wasn't so truthful about his cancer like qualities in my posts. Nah!!!!Here's hoping there is one more asshloe in Oakland! :blink:

I think that might be one of the things they like about him...These are Raiders fans after all

Guys!! All the more reason that birds fly up side down over Oakland!! There ain't nuthin' worth s**ttin' on!! :lol:

Like I said before.. What's Al Davis willing to part with... I want a first day pick... no 4th or less type crap .. Either their second or their 3rd, and only because they're picking so high...

and I'm sticking to my guns... Clarett may be an a**h***.. but he's a potential pick anyways... if he turns out.. to be a bust.. we only lose a 3rd round (base 3 year contract..).. but if he Dillon like on the field.. ( baseball people call that a home run).

Like I said before.. What's Al Davis willing to part with... I want a first day pick... no 4th or less type crap .. Either their second or their 3rd, and only because they're picking so high...

and I'm sticking to my guns... Clarett may be an a**h***.. but he's a potential pick anyways... if he turns out.. to be a bust.. we only lose a 3rd round (base 3 year contract..).. but if he Dillon like on the field.. ( baseball people call that a home run).

Regarding Dillon, I'm willing to take anything. I think he's a real problem in the lockerroom and if we can get anything for him, I bet we take it. But if I were to guess, I'd think we'd get a 3rd for him.

Regarding Clarett. Man, I'm torn on this one. Yes, he did help us win a national championship at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, however, he did change the rule that was most covenant in all of sports. If he's around in the 3rd, I'd almost say we pick him up. Man I'm torn on this one.

Actually, the only pick in the second is the one they got for Gruden, so it isn't that higher (higher than ours, but not by much)

Okay, I know you ohio guys are high on Clarett, but I don't think he has the skills needed to play in the NFL to the level that would justify a high pick, plus I see a nasty contract holdout cause he thinks he deserves the big money deal....There are too many high quality running backs in this draft to waste the time and effort with taking Clarett....maybe when he's sitting their in round six, take a shot, but anything higher than that is a waste...plus, he is gonna have a big ass bullseye on him this year, and you don't want to deal with that.....

Regarding Clarett. Man, I'm torn on this one. Yes, he did help us win a national championship at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, however, he did change the rule that was most covenant in all of sports. If he's around in the 3rd, I'd almost say we pick him up. Man I'm torn on this one.

But that was only one season, and against college teams...had he done it more than once, maybe.....But a 3rd, 4th, or 5th would be too high, especially for all the bad attention it would bring the Bengals way....

Regarding Clarett.  Man, I'm torn on this one.  Yes, he did help us win a national championship at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, however, he did change the rule that was most covenant in all of sports.  If he's around in the 3rd, I'd almost say we pick him up.  Man I'm torn on this one.

But that was only one season, and against college teams...had he done it more than once, maybe.....But a 3rd, 4th, or 5th would be too high, especially for all the bad attention it would bring the Bengals way....

But the point is, if you have a chance to get him... lets reflect on the 1999 draft (something that peeves Chris off).. we could have had Chris McAlister, Daunte Culpepper, Champ Bailey, Torry Holt, Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams, John Tait, Jevon Kearse, Antoine Winfield, or Al Wilson. We pick up Akili. I guess my concern is that we miss out on any player listed above than pick up a guy that's out of the NFL by his fourth year.

But I'm sure if he wasn't an OSU guy, I wouldn't be talking about this.

You know, I'm torn too...but a little voice inside my head keeps saying this guy has raw talent, he's from OSU, and he just may be a great runningback for the Bengals. I just wish he had waited to come out, that's all. Maybe he's not smart enough to finish college. Lord knows I wasn't. Still wish I did, and sometime later, so too will he! I'll defer to Marvin on this one!! ;)

This again is one of those times that I think Marvin Lewis' coaching ability goes beyond his ability to recruit talent...It's a win - win situation... We trade Dillon and get basically a late 2nd round pick with Oakland's 3rd.. Clarett will be there...and we'll be needing a backup to Rudi...

Rudi would still be playing for his 1 year tender until the october trade deadline -----i.e.. when we could sign him to a long term contract that wouldn't affect the '04 salary cap !.

and if Rudi struggles.. our backup would be a 20 year old runner with size 6-0'..230lbs.. and speed... 4.45 in the 40'...

plus.. all the bad news that surrounds that kid... I have to remember he's a good football player.. I don't remember him for all the bad headlines... I remember the play he made when Krenzel got intercepted in the Championship game, and he ran down " Sean Taylor of Miami (fla) and took the ball away from him... That's the play that won them the game.. not the blown pass interference call...!!

He's a gamer, with a chip' on his shoulder.. and that's enough for me..