Super Bowl/Refs Give Steelers the Super Bowl

sodikart

All ive seen so far are some piss poor calls going the Steelers way. How does the ref mark it short then call a touchdown. When he is down and moves the ball over the line. And in the first quarter that was the worst call on a push off. Throws the flag after the CB whines about it. I dont even want to watch the game anymore.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha steve young and micheal irvin said it was a touchdown for seattle and it was a bad call haha...john madden said you wonder if these are really steeler fans or if they just handed out towels before the game that funny....i wish the ref from the seattle/carolina game was the official because he explains reviews the best out of all the officials in the nfl....i woulda liked to hear his comments on the "touchdown run"

I guarantee he will never again work a Super Bowl. Not overturning the TD for Benji was spineless. All he is doing is hiding behind the "call on the field". ABSOLUTELY SPINELESS! You have to be able to make the right call. It was obviously a blown call, and the referee choked under the pressure. Every bounce of the ball seems to being going the Squeelers way for the last 7 weeks.

I guarantee he will never again work a Super Bowl. Not overturning the TD for Benji was spineless. All he is doing is hiding behind the "call on the field". ABSOLUTELY SPINELESS! You have to be able to make the right call. It was obviously a blown call, and the referee choked under the pressure. Every bounce of the ball seems to being going the Squeelers way for the last 7 weeks.

I'll be honest, there's no way you could overturn that call - the ball was *very* close if not over the goal line before Roeth hit the ground and had the ball shoved back. No way you could say that the nose of the ball never touched the edge of the white stripe at any point as he fell. Camera angles weren't good enough.

However, the officiating has been terrible in evey other respect. The OPI on Jackson in the endzone was a joke. Holding on the pass down to the 3 couldn't be found. The illegal block on Hasselback when he made a tackle was incomprehensible.

So I'd say the officiating has been terrible on every play *but* that one.

They seem to be tying pretty hard, but some calls have been so obvious that they've had tomake the righ call. That being said, thee have been some calls that I thought were obvious that have gone the wrong way.

Finally. The 2:00 minute warning. A perfect time to switch the channel and watch "Clueless." Surprisingly it's not about the NFL referees in the Super Bowl! I feel a sequel coming on with a whole new cast, don't you guy's? :lol:

Finally. The 2:00 minute warning. A perfect time to switch the channel and watch "Clueless." Surprisingly it's not about the NFL referees in the Super Bowl! I feel a sequel coming on with a whole new cast, don't you guy's? :lol:

This is just too painful to watch. I can't stop thinking about what if Palmer never got hurt. The refs handed this game to the squeelers. What a terrible way to end the season. This SUCKS. I'm through with NFL football for a while (until next year). Ugh.

At least AFL season is here.

Horrible calls and joke plays...

-Offensive PI on Jackson in the end zone...

-Ben's lucky throw to Hines. I'm sorry, Ben's long ball always looks like a dead duck in the air..not even positive he was trying to throw that ball to Hines.

-Ben's TD...I dunno, it was close, but of course that play would be called Pittsburgh's way...I mean really, when doesn't it.

-Joke holding call on RT when Stevens had a catch at the 1...turning point of the game

-then, just as a kick in the balls, the penalty on Hasselbeck for the low tackle on the interceptee??? What the f**k.

Pittsburgh had no real offense....their offense amounted to a joke pass by Roethlisberger to Hines...questionable TD by Fat Ben....75 squirt run by Parker....and gadget play, Randle El to fat face Hines....thats it....oh yea, former Steelers kicker Brown missing two plausible field goal attempts. Does every team have to implode and give the game away when playing the Steelers??...I mean theyre a good team, but they shouldn't be Super Bowl champs. Coulda been the bengals....go to hell Kimo

Well, hello 2006 season. Hello Bengals v. Stillers on MNF.

F the Stillers, hello 2006 NFL Champion Cincy Bengals.

This is going to be a long offseason.

this game was s**t from the teams to the refs to the halftime show pure garbage the NFL should be embarrassed about this game a total piece of crap . glad i did not pay for anything that had to do with this s**t fest. i mean i could go on and on but this game was just lame and very disappointing. reminded me of a high school game