Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJ29

The Official, "What are you listening to right now?"

Recommended Posts

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, BengalszoneBilly said:

I could kick back at your place and drink some beers to this.

You name the day/time and I will make this happen Billy !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something about that dudes voice from Disturbed that has gotten under my skin.
I used to listen to a lot of their stuff, but then every song started sounding the same.

While I don't care for that song very much, I do think they did a great job covering it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Allman Brothers were a great band, many epic songs, but when I saw them in San Diego they were a drunken/drugged out mess. Couldn't get through thier opening Rambling Man opener. The opening act, Elvin Bishop and his crew came out and played their set while they laid passed out. 

Elvin saved the show, twice!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the passing of Chris Cornell, I've been listening to a ton of Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog.
Talk about an amazing voice.  Sad times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.04.2017 at 0:34 AM, ArmyBengal said:

There is something about that dudes voice from Disturbed that has gotten under my skin.
I used to listen to a lot of their stuff, but then every song started sounding the same.

While I don't care for that song very much, I do think they did a great job covering it.

Agreed. Draiman has a great metal voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 12 year old thread still going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure to take some heat on this one, but I've always been a fan of Manson and I'm loving the new album.
Favorite song remains "The Reflecting God".  Just super aggressive and brutal.
"SCAR, SCAR CAN YOU FEEL MY POWER"  "SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT MOTHERF*CKER"

Hate that Johnny Depp is in these videos, but I really like the tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3sEKLlFLzI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSSwS_Nh9A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on an Alice in Chains kick lately.  While there isn't a single CD of theirs that I don't like, the Dirt album has been my focus lately.
Maybe it's just the place I currently find myself, but I love the heavy, darkness of the entire album.
While not one of the many singles to get massive airplay from the album, "Junkhead" is amazing. 
Staley's vocals, the guitar tone, that insane bass line in a live recording.  Just so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9GAEFTeWko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

Radiohead_-_Hail_to_the_Thief_-_album_co

I take my music seriously.  Here's the home setup I'm listening on at the moment:

i3MMCJS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, skyline said:

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

Radiohead_-_Hail_to_the_Thief_-_album_co

I take my music seriously.  Here's the home setup I'm listening on at the moment:

i3MMCJS.jpg

Is than an old school tube sticking out of that thing!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Is than an old school tube sticking out of that thing!?!

Absolutely!  Vacuum tubes are still really big in the audio world.

My work setup also uses tubes.

Tube rolling is an addiction in this hobby as each one alters the sound by shades here and there.  Finding the right match of headphones, DACs, amps, and tubes can take some time to really make the magic happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skyline said:

Absolutely!  Vacuum tubes are still really big in the audio world.

My work setup also uses tubes.

Tube rolling is an addiction in this hobby as each one alters the sound by shades here and there.  Finding the right match of headphones, DACs, amps, and tubes can take some time to really make the magic happen.

Well I'll be damned...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to dislike the Pumpkins.

I saw Slayer in town on their last tour, so that’s been in the mix as well. “Dead Skin Mask” is one  of my favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×