The Next Big Things

Depending on what happens at the combine, picks will rise and fall. For that reason, I am putting 3 potential picks at each of the first 3 rounds. Yeah, it's cheating a bit, but I'll update after the combine.

Round 1:

Choice A: Ko Simpson SS

Choice B: Darnell Bing SS

Choice C: Broderick Bunkley DT

Round 2:

Choice A: Babatunde Oshinowo DT (If choice A or B above are taken, else Choice B=A)

Choice B: Greg Blue SS

Choice C: Stanley McGlover, DE

Round 3:

Choice A: Charlie Peprah S

Choice B: Darrell Hunter CB

Choice C: Tre' Stallings OG

Choice D: Chijioke Onyenegecha CB ..... YES, Round 3 gets a 4th choice because that name is da bomb diggity!

Out of those possible combinations, I'd like A(1), C(2), B(3) the most. Ko Simpson looks like the definition of a stud at safety, while McGlover and Hunter could make immediate impacts as depth, McGlover specifically to even challege Geathers for his spot as a starter.

My choices:

1:

aa) Brodrick Bunkley - DT Florida State

bb) Ko Simpson - SS South Carolina

cc) Tamba Hali - DE Penn State

dd) Antonio Cromartie - CB Florida State

2:

aa) Babutunde Oshinowo - DT Stanford

bb) Stanley McClover - DE Auburn

cc) Gabe Watson - DT Michigan

3:

aa) Jahmile Addae - SS West Virginia

bb) Charlie Peprah - CB Alabama

cc) Tim Day - TE Oregon

dd) Roman Harper - SS Alabama

How about...

Round 1) 24, Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State

Round 2) 55, Dominique Byrd, TE, USC

Round 3) 91, Donte Whitner, SS, Ohio State

or...

1) Bunkley

2) Whitner

3) Tim Day, TE, Oregon

Just a note to the original poster...Greg Blue and Ko Simpson are both FS's, not SS. Michael Huff, Darnell Bing, Donte Whitner, Bernard Pollard and Daniel Bullocks are first day prospects at SS. They would all fit the Bengals Defense too.

...Greg Blue and Ko Simpson are both FS's, not SS. Michael Huff, Darnell Bing, Donte Whitner, Bernard Pollard and Daniel Bullocks are first day prospects at SS. They would all fit the Bengals Defense too.

Marv has made it pretty popularly known that he prefers a "certain type" of Safety that he refers to a neither Free or Strong Safety, simply as "Safety" and they must be interchangeable, hence, I would foresee someone similar to Williams, with very good coverage as well as run support skills.

While Blue does not have the developed coverage skills, I have seen a couple sites review him as "improving" and Simpson is very much in the same mold as Williams: big, fast, athletic, good in coverage and decent vs. the run.

I would throw Watkins name into the hat as well after his showing at the Senior Bowl.

For the record, however, the pick will be Bing if he is on the board at 24. :sure: