Chris Henry arrested on Gun Charges

oldschooler

In Florida On Gun Charge

Reported by: 9News

Web produced by: Mark Sickmiller

Photographed by: 9News

First posted: 1/30/2006 5:36:21 PM

Bengals rookie wide receiver Chris Henry has been arrested again, this time in Orlando, Florida, police tell 9News.

In this latest incident, Henry is charged with:

Possession of a concealed firearm

Improper exhibition of a firearm

Aggravated assault with a firearm

According to an Orange County police report, Henry, 22, was with a group of people along a street along West Central Boulevard in Orlando early Saturday morning.

Read the police report (PDF format)

Henry's group was apparently arguing with another nearby group, and it looked like a fight was going to erupt, a police officer said.

He had stopped when he noticed a limo blocking traffic, according to the police report.

The officer says he told the groups to break it up, then saw Chris Henry pull a handgun from his waist area and point it at the other group.

When ordered to put the gun down, Henry froze and then moved toward the limo and threw the gun inside the car, the report stated.

The officer says he then grabbed Henry, pushed him to the ground and ordered everyone out of the limo.

Police recovered a 9mm Luger from the back of the limo. Henry denied having the weapon, police said.

As of 5:30 p.m. Monday, the Bengals had not released a statement about the arrest.

Henry's December arrest

In the early morning of December 15, 2005, Covington Police stopped Henry for speeding and smelled marijuana in his car.

Henry agreed to a body and vehicle search and that's when police found two baggies of marijuana in his left shoe.

Through his lawyer, Henry pleaded guilty Thursday to speeding and improper registration. Charges that he had no driver's license and insurance were dropped.

The drug charges against him are still pending.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/30/henry.html

Unfugginbelievable ....

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This s**t makes me livid !

Hey Chris get your f**king head out of your ass !

You already have other charges for drugs still

pending against you !

You`re supposed to have a hurt knee that needed

6-8 weeks to heal !

And you`re out with your "homies" doing stupid f**king

s**t like this ?!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m so pissed off at the dumb ass motherf**ker !!!!

Something has to be done and done NOW !!!!

As Barney Fife would say...."NIP IT IN THE BUD ! "

Pun not intended :P

From ProFootballTalk.com...

CHRIS HENRY BUSTED AGAIN

WPCO-TV in Cincinnati reports that Bengals receiver Chris Henry has been arrested in Orlando, Florida on "charges of possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm."

Per the report, Henry was with a group of people early Saturday morning, and Henry's group was arguing with another group. A police offer stopped because a limo was blocking traffic, and the officer noticed that the argument might erupt into a fight. As the officer told the groups to break it up, he saw Henry pull a gun.

(Editor's note: The fact that Henry would pull a gun in the presence of a cop goes a long way toward explaining his single-digit Wonderlic score.)

The officer told Henry to drop the gun, and Henry then threw it inside a nearby car. Although Henry denied having the weapon, police recovered a 9 mm Luger from the vehicle.

The Bengals have issued no comment. Dennis Janson of WCPO tells us that the team was not aware of the arrest before Janson informed the team of it on Monday afternoon.

Actually, we'd received a tip on Sunday afternoon regarding the arrest. But when we were told that Henry was wearing his Bengals jersey at the time of the incident, we thought we were being set up with a phony story.

The fact that Henry decided to "improperly exhibit" a firearm in Florida means that, if convicted, he's staring at a multi-year mandatory sentence, due to Florida's stringent gun laws. Apparently, Henry ignored our recent advice (scroll down for more) that anyone thinking about pointing a gun at someone in Florida should do it instead in Virginia, given the huge disparity between the worst-case scenarios that Redskins safety Sean Taylor and former Virginia Tech Marcus Vick are facing for virtually identical alleged crimes committed in Florida and Virginia, respectively.

And since the gun was pointed at a "group," it's possible that Henry eventually will face multiple counts of aggravated assault. Last week, prosecutors in Florida added two additional counts of aggravated assault to the single count that Taylor had been facing.

Henry was arrested in December for marijuana possession. A third-round draft pick in 2005 from West Virginia, he had developed into the team's No. 3 receiver behind starters Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Prior to his December arrest, Henry generally had been well behaved -- despite having a reputation for being a major turd during his time in Morgantown.

As always, however, turds eventually show their true color.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

henrya.jpg

Check out his mug shot...the dumbass was wearing his Bengals jersey !

He looks like a crack head that just tried to rob a 7-11 even !

No pun intended about CJ :P

OK FINE. I will be the first to say it. Chris Henry looks like a drag queen. There, is everyone happy now?

Good god what a dumbass. What a waste of talent. Pathetic.

He's f**ked, and his pro career is probably over. How is he not going to get convicted with a police officer as a witness :wacko: With Florida gun law, he's cooked <_<

Look on the bright side, now we know the position of at least one of our draft picks, OR, just invested in a few more years of the Squirrell dance <_<

Well, K-Wash may be getting a bit of a bigger tender than he first thought.

Is there a bigger buffoon right now than Chris Henry? Smeon please tell me this is a prank...if not he is done. Pulling a gun in front of a cop...way more stupid than doing it away from a cop.

Dude is done.

What a horrible series of events to start off this offseason.

2 strikes against him in a little over 6 weeks...

This kid has way to much talent and such a bright future,

if he would just grow up and take ahold of the opportunity

that is in front of him...

I was hoping the last stupid episode was enough of a

wake up call for him to get his head out of his ass !

I`m disgusted, frustrated, aggravated, mad and sad all rolled into one...

Ugh... Two strikes. I bet he'll get one more chance, but if he screws that up, he best pack his bags.

If he does end up bailing before the '06 season, I won't really care much... Kevin Walter and Tab Perry will do well in his stead.

Ugh, no way. Walter definitely doesn't have the talent (particularly speed) to make a legit #3 receiver, and Tab hasn't proven anything as a WR.

'Least it isn't Chad.

Ugh, no way. Walter definitely doesn't have the talent (particularly speed) to make a legit #3 receiver, and Tab hasn't proven anything as a WR.

'Least it isn't Chad.

Just trying to be optimistic. I'd say Tab has a better chance to be a good #3 than does Walter, but everytime Walter has been given the chance to make plays he has done so. We'll see I suppose.

Losing Henry really isn't a big deal in my mind.

Is this frustrating? Yes... but it's hardly devastating. This is the very reason he was there in the 3rd round. He had a lot of potential... but we just have to look at this as potential that didn't work out. When you're willing to take a gamble with a 3rd round pick, you win some and lose some. This is a loss... but he's not David Pollack, or Odell Thurman. He's depth at our deepest position.

KW might be a Bengal again, Walter is a great #4, and a decent #3... and I don't think we've seen what Perry can do yet. We are not hurting at WR... so if we're going to lose someone for this kind of behavior... it might as well be a rookie WR.

Don't give up on this kid yet folks.

Yes he isnt the smartest cat in the world, but hey he's young, he will, hopefully mature. I think the Bengals need to send this kid to some sort of seminar to teach some things. Maybe Laurence Phillips can chat with him, and make him realize if he keeps doing what he is doing, that he will end up like him.

I think the worst thing for us to do is to give up on him, because that will only turn out worse for him because he could possibly lead down the road of violence even more knowing that no one cares about him. I think that is the biggest problem in our world, is that we give up to easily on our youth, which leads to more violence and hardships in our world today.

From the Wiseful Whur Chad at?

I think the seminar you are referring to is called the Florida State Penitentary...?

I have no respect for this kind of crap....talent or no talent. I think ML would be a fool to take this experiment any further. You pull a gun out, in front of a cop no less, and that should pretty much be it. I would not consider it 'giving up' on him either. I would consider it deferring him, his problems and the problems he presents to authorities more suited to getting his reefer brain to work properly.

When a guy has no license, no registration, no insurance and a couple bags of weed...that is pretty bad and dumb.

When a guy pulls a gun and waves it at a crowd of folks...in front of a cop...I'm just not sure that it is the bengals responsibility to fix this guys issues.

As much as I hate to say it, get rid of this kid. I understand that he's young and stupid, but let him mature under someone else's watch. This organization is in no way obligated to help this kid through his lack of maturity and professionalism. I'm sure the Raiders or the Broncos can find a spot for him. He'd definitely fit in a lot better there.

WR is a position where we have a little flexibility and I belive that Walter, Perry, or KW can fill the #3 spot nicely.

Marvin, make a statement and make it NOW! This kind of behavior can not be tolerated! This team is already in a somewhat fragile state with the "injury" and the halftime "incident". NO MORE DISTRACTIONS!!!!! :furious:

Don't give up on this kid yet folks.

Yes he isnt the smartest cat in the world, but hey he's young, he will, hopefully mature. I think the Bengals need to send this kid to some sort of seminar to teach some things. Maybe Laurence Phillips can chat with him, and make him realize if he keeps doing what he is doing, that he will end up like him.

I think the worst thing for us to do is to give up on him, because that will only turn out worse for him because he could possibly lead down the road of violence even more knowing that no one cares about him. I think that is the biggest problem in our world, is that we give up to easily on our youth, which leads to more violence and hardships in our world today.

From the Wiseful Whur Chad at?

Would you still have a job if you pulled this s**t? Doubt it.

I am all for second chances but the Bengals won't be able to give him one when he is behind bars.

I can't wait until he does something good and you all will be like...

"WOW he is such a good player I love this kid!!! RE-Sign Him!!!!"

Ok so get rid of Chad, since most of you want to, and now get rid of Henry. Give the kid a damn chance, I mean if he murders 1000 people I could understand us getting rid of him.