WOs Wheelin' and Dealin' Mock Draft

WretchedOne

Unlike many, I think that our weakest position is CB. Tory may already be done HERE and Deltha has 1 or 2 great years left. Behind them the talent kinda sucks, I don't think any of our nickel or back-up guys will take over any starting CB postions...ever.

Saftey is a weak position, but we have EIGHT safties currently on the roster, thats a lot. Herring and Ohalete are gone but that still leaves SIX safties on the roster. Drafting a good Saftey in round 2 should be the end of the problems back there. If 7 safties battle it out and you don't have 2 definitive starters...you've got some other problems.

DT is also weak position but we still have Askew, Smith, JT and BR. We do have young talented guys that can take over for the older guys. Unlike CB. All we really need there is a good FA (Jackson, Kemoeatu) to team with Smith and those problems are also solved.

TE is also a weak spot, but I believe we can find the kind of TE we need in the 3rd or 4th. If we're gonna get rid of Schobel and Stewart we need someone who is more proven in run blocking than making the great catch. A great run blocking TE who can snag 30-40 balls a season is what we need.

With that...

Trade: Bundle Package.

Tory James and our 1st round pick go to the Lions for Dan Wilkinson and their 2nd, 4th and 5th round picks.

Compensation:

Kelly Washington signs with the Dolphins and we get a 3rd round Comp. pick.

Total:

We acquire a total of TEN draft picks and a proven DT who can instantly start.

2006 Draft:

Round 2: From Lions: Jonathan Joseph - CB - South Carolina. 5-11 187.

0f08g997.jpg

#5 ranked CB by Kiper. One of the best true cover CBs in college. Ko Simpson is stealing his spotlight. Always keeps the play in front on him, rarely gets beat deep, if at all 4.35 in the 40. Very active and willing in run support as well. Lead team with 5 Ints in 2005.

Round 2: Chris Harrell - FS/SS - Penn State. 6-2 210.

259175.jpg

Notice how he WRAPS up when tackling...

Has already been doing what ML likes his safties to do for 3 years at PSU. Has also played some CB in college as well. Part of the #4 ranked secondary in 2005. Talented pass defender and strong stopping the run. Has gotten lost among all the other names at PSU this year. M. Williams CLONE.

Round 3: Comp. For KW: Eric Henderson - DE - Georgia Tech. 6-3 265.

tigers2.jpg

Justin Smith is a FA after 06 and this is his replacement. Smith is rouge DE and plays his own game at times. Eric is a run stuffing DE, an area Cincy is weak in. He has great hands and sheds blocks extremely well. VERY intelligent. Has great pass rush potential with an NFL caliber D-line, took on many double teams in college.

Round 3: Gerrick McPhearson - CB - Maryland. 5-10 194.

1-lg.jpg

Still a "Raw" CB but with our above average secondary coaches we'll be able to turn these numbers into something great. 4.73 - 60, 4.21 - 40. 365 Bench and 515 Squat. 42 inch vertical jump. Track Star.

Round 4: Cooper Wallace - TE - Auburn. 6-4 265.

049.jpg

Every year a player drops and you say "How is HE still there?"...thats what happens with Wallace. A great run blocker who will get you the first down. In the mold of Heath Miller, will just run you over. Will drag the pile trying to tackle him.

Round 4: Anthony Montgomery - DT - Minnesota. 6-5 315.

Montgomery%20Anthony%20017.jpg

Check out the link in my first mock for his info.

Round 5: Aldo De La Garza - OG - Texas A&M. 6-4 324.

delagarza-aldo-mug.jpg

One MEAN looking hispanic dude! Part of offense that saw revival of A&Ms running game. Smart player who is a beast. Benched 225 LBS...40 times. Consistanly led Aggies in knockdown blocks during career.

Round 5: Mike Espy - WR/PR - Mississippi. 6-0 195.

fbc-um-okla-st-267.gif

Ratliff's replacement at PR. North and South runner who can take it all the way every time he touches it. Great vision and feel. Very physical and not afraid of taking the hit. His open space moves remind me a lot of Peter Warrick.

Round 6: Domata Peko - DT - Michigan State. 6-2 320.

293970.jpeg

Check out the hair, is he jumping OVER Hart??

The Anti-Askew. Motor that never stops, always hustles and plays with GREAT passion for the game. Great character guy who has a trememdous amount of pride in Soman heritage. He's from MSU, just like Askew. Get these 2 to hang out and have Peko's work ethic rub off on Askew. Could be a PS player or could dress on gameday, biggest upside of ANY DT in this draft.

Round 7: Pierre Woods - OLB - Michigan. 6-5 247.

aa09.jpg

Might have a bit of the "Gabe Watson" syndrome, but still a stong player. Aggressive player who will stick his hat in the middle. Flashes "dominance" in games but is not consistant at it, may be from not being a starter and not getting into a rythm. He's a STEAL of an OLB right here.

2006 Defense - Starters and (Back-ups), * denotes Rookie.

JS - DW - SS - RG.

(EH*) - (AM*) - (MA) - (JF)

LJ - OT - DP

(BS) - (CM) - (PW*)

DO - JJ*

(GM*) - (KR)

MW - CH*

(KK) - (AM)

This layout is pretty contingent on your trade maneuvers. The draft looks interesting but the moves just seem unlikely. I can't see Detroit wanting Tory or handing over big Daddy and that the pick package. Tory will be less exposed with better FS/SS play. not sure if we want Big Daddy either.

I do like the McPhearson pick. good sleeper.

I'd rather grab a TE or SS with one of our first couple of picks. The PSU Safety is good but late 2nd we could grab from several (Addae, Slay, Whitner, etc.)

Henderson has a good motor and would be a good end for us.

Montgomery will be gone by the 4th. I'd actually take him before Henderson.

From there down, it is a matter of finding good talent. Your picks all looks interesting...for sure.

Detriot has TWO mammoth DTs. Wilkinson and Rogers.

Big Daddy is getting pretty expensive for them and may not make it through their new HC change.

They could trade him, Still have Rogers and find a cheaper replacement for Wilk in the draft...

FA and the draft are both fun, but nerve-racking.

You never know what could happen, but if you're wanting a specific player you have to hope no one takes him before you do.

Big daddy has only one maybe two more years in him. He had a good year but I can guarantee he will not put up those same numbers next year. That would be a horrible manuever in my opinion. Draft Ko Simpson(S) in the first,get Rod. Wright(DT) in the second, Joseph(CB)or Richard Marshall(CB) in the third, and Fasano(TE) in the third w/ the compensation pick.That would be my dream first day draft.

I thought the whole thing was justin stuffs t he run which pisses people off because it takes away from his pass rush even though it's the coachs who have him hold back on the nifty pass rush moves

oh and I hope we keep justin but do bring in a pure passrush DE :P someone like mathis(sp?) for the colts