Wraith's Mock

Wraith

Projected, no trades since it is virtually impossible to accurately predict a trade until the week before a draft.

1) Houston: Reggie Bush, RB, USC: Can't take a Tackle this high IMHO, Bush is the best player in the draft but really neither a running back nor a QB is capable of solving this teams problems.

2) New Orleans: Matt Leinart, QB, USC: Destined to be Archie Manning, god help any QB coming to this mess.

3) Tennessee: Vince Young, QB, Texas: tutor by Steve McNair already comfortable with the system if Leinart falls instead good fit as well with Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow.

4) NY Jets: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia: That O-Line was a disgrace last year, IMHO this is the only selection New York can make.

5) Green Bay: Jimmy Williams, CB, Va Tech: Green Bay was burned all year long, Al Harris is not bad but everything else in the Defensive Backfield was.

6) Oakland: Mario Williams, DE, NC State: Could be any position in the front seven, could be Kiwanuka, could be Hawk, could be Huff only Al Davis' hairdresser knows....borrowed from ESPN Radio. I like Williams as the front seven player who has the highest floor, meaning he can start and be productive right away.

7) San Francisco: AJ Hawk, OLB, Ohio State: Pairs up with Julian Peterson to give San Fran a pair of playmakers for a defense that sorely needs them. This combined with the fact that Peterson will not stay in 'Frisco for ever makes this the no brainer pick.

8) Buffalo: Michael Huff, S, Texas: Vincent is on the last legs of a great career Huff is needed to solidify the defensive backfield. His flexibility also means that he can play nickle in pass situations.

9) Detroit: Tye Hill, CB, Clemson: Dre Bly needs help, Detroit cannot spend another first round selection on an offensive player...can they?

10) Arizona: Eric Winston, OT, Miami (Fla): Arizona is more talented than their play showed last year They have young playmakers in Arrington, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Dansby. It is time to re-address the line and where better to start with a stud LT.

11) St. Louis: Marcus McNeil, OT, Auburn: Pace was good the rest of the line stunk McNeil is a road grader at RT seems to be a good fit.

12) Cleveland: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon: With the premiere tackles gone Ngata fills a serious need at NT, he is a stump.

13) Baltimore: Max Jean-Gillis, OG, Georgia: If Baltimore wants to continue to play defensive minded ball control offense, they have to solidify their lousy interior line play, Jean-Gillis is a massive run blocker who has the athletism toeventually play RT.

14) Philadelphia: LenDale White, RB, USC: Lasts longer than he should simply because the teams picking have so many other holes to fill.

15) Atlanta: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College: Another playmaker at the Defensive End position to pair with Kerney on the outside and coleman on the inside.

16) Miami: Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbuilt: This is a no brainer, Feely and Ferrotte don't cut it as starting QBs in the NFL.

17) Minnesota: Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota: Love the balance of player and need particularly since Maroney is so loved in Minnesota.

18) Dallas: Jon Scott, OT, Texas: When a team with approx. the same skill players on offense goes from 3.9 YPC to 3.6 YPC it indicates to me that they need help with their O-Line.

19) San Diego: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State: With the lack of a game breaking WR this team struggled at times spreading out the defense, Holmes can fix that problem.

20) Kansas City: Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State: Just another Playmaker will line up in a very similer fashion to the way we play David Pollack with similier results.

21) New England: Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa: Johnson, Bruschi, Colvin, and McGinest are all getting long in the tooth, is long since time to bolster this unit.

22) Denver: DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis: Shanahan would be doing backflips if the best complete RB in the draft (IMHO) would fall to them at 22. Clearly against good defenses neither Anderson nor Bell could carry the team.

23) Tampa Bay: Demeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama: Derrick Brooks is getting up there in NFL age time to start grooming his successor.

24) Cincinnati: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland: Ok, here it goes folks, Davis is the best available player I don't really think he will fall this far but he could and while I have said in alot of other posts that I don't think TE is the right direction to go, I do think that Safety and DT is best left as a second and third round selection or FA bolstering. With Davis as a TE this offense is the best on the NFL. 6'3" 260 lbs running a 4.4 40 is sick and he has the college credentials to back it up.

25) New York Giants: D'Qwell Jackson, ILB, Maryland: Abdul Hodge is getting blown up by scouts in the Senior Bowl, Jackson is the next best MLB and a good fit for the Giants D.

26) Chicago: Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA: Need playmakers on offense, Lewis is a playmaker and a great fit for a team which has a problem getting the ball deep. Without another first round WR Lewis is the best available guy at this spot.

27) Carolina: Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconsin: Yes it is a stretch but Calhoun can burn I think once the combine hits, Calhoun will be shooting up draft charts even though Wisconsin RBs have a bad NFL history lately.

28) Jacksonville: Winston Justice, OT, USC: Leftwitch needs more time and while I love Meester, Naole, and Manuwai I am not sold on Maurice Williams on the Right side, Justice can play at right or left tackle and is under-rated IMHO.

29) Denver: KO Simpson, S, South Carolina: Lynch is getting old, Simpson is a young playmaker for a secondary that, at times looked over matched, I think a very good fit.

30) Indianapolis: Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas: Yes, I know their defense looked good most of the season and Simon was good addition, I just feel they still need more beef up the middle and Wright is, I think, an active playmaker who can stuff the run.

31) Seattle: Antonio Cromartie, CB, Fla St.: A player this good falling to 31? Yeah because this draft is so damn deep, Seattle still needs help with their secondary and Cromartie is a big play corner who is tall enough to cover the bigger WRs in the NFL.

32) Pittsburgh: Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State: He is a perfect Pittsburgh player and their LBer core, while very good is also very thin with players like Foote and Harrison starting games when they have no business being anything but backup players. as long as Carpenter's injury heals he is a perfect fit.

I like Pat Watkins, Safety, Florida State for the Bengals in the second round and Jonathon Lewis, DT, Va Tech for the Bengals in the third.

There you go, rip away.

Problem...you have Winston Justice all the way at #28!?!?! Are you kidding. This Kid will go to Detriot or Arizona. Eric Winston IMO, after watching Senior Bowl Practices lost his first round potential.

Winston Justice has big time character issues. He is a great talent, and he could very well become a Pro Bowl LT, yet those character guys fall. (For Example: Chris Henry, Randy Moss, Anttaj Hawthorne, etc.)

Eric Winston has retained his 1st round value for the time being, but instead of early 1st, he will likely go late 1st, possibly to someone like the Panthers (27) or Buccaneers (23)

I think Winston Justice though, shaked off some of those character questions this year. He did an exceptional job, and if I needed a big Tackle, I would take him. I think Eric Winston lost a lot of value, but don't get me wrong, hes good but I think he drops to early second round possibly, really late 1st.