Golden Corral 500

BengalszoneBilly

Well here's the new thread for next weeks race! You know what? I'm gonna KEEP picking Matt Kenseth until he finally loses. The way he's going, that may not be for awhile! :lol: That team hasn't lost a thing from the Championship last year, and they may even be better!

I still believe he's going to emerge as the dominant race car driver along the lines of Dale Earnhardt Sr., and Jeff Gordon was in their hey-days!

So I say it'll be Matt AGAIN next Sunday!! He's got a HUGE chip on his shoulder, and it's going to be hard to knock it off!

That rookie Kasey Kahne is also impressing the hell outa me, but you have to remember...he inherited an awesome team from Bill Elliot. He just may already be a lock for Rookie Of The Year honors!

Doesn't Kahne have three 2nd place finishes?

Just 2 I believe. He didn't finish so well at Daytona!

He finished 43 at Daytona :blink:

He's one of those lucky weasles.....His luck is about to run out, but yeah, he's probably gonna win the rookie of the year title cause he's got the most established team, lucky bastard.

My picks for the race will be.......wait for it.......

Matt Kenseth, and Elliot Sadler.....deja vu.

I figure that between the first and 3rd place drivers in the standings I'm pretty safe.

That rookie Kasey Kahne is also impressing the hell outa me, but you have to remember...he inherited an awesome team from Bill Elliot. He just may already be a lock for Rookie Of The Year honors!

Just found this in my inbox from sportingnews.com

Evernham Motorsports Dodges qualified first, sixth and 10th at Las Vegas, and other teams were suspicious about what advantage the Evernham crews had found. Rival manufacturers took pictures of the noses to examine the changes.

The competitors discovered the noses were designed to offer greater downforce in the front and rear. "It's totally legit," one competitor says. "It's so simple it makes you mad that you didn't come up with it."

Although the Evernham cars were constructed completely within the rules, chances are NASCAR will develop a new body template that defines that nose area. ...

He's one of those lucky weasles.....His luck is about to run out, but yeah, he's probably gonna win the rookie of the year title cause he's got the most established team, lucky bastard.

Kevnz,

Why do you say that? Do you think Atlanta, the fastest mile and a half track in Nascar, is gonna eat his lunch? It wouldn't be the first lunch of someone's that that track has consumed! Ol' Swervin' Ernie Irvin always seemed to find contact with someone or something there! :lol:

Damn I miss him! He should be the subject of one of those MTV type shows "Where Are They Now"!

Kevnz,

Why do you say that? Do you think Atlanta, the fastest mile and a half track in Nascar, is gonna eat his lunch? It wouldn't be the first lunch of someone's that that track has consumed! Ol' Swervin' Ernie Irvin always seemed to find contact with someone or something there! :lol:

Damn I miss him! He should be the subject of one of those MTV type shows "Where Are They Now"!

Yeah, Ernie was notorious for that, including costing Davey the championship in 1992 cause he wrecked him there....

But a lot of Ernies reputation was totally unearned, his problem was he didn't have the equipment to rac with until he signed up with Yates, and when he did, whammo, instant title contender....then the wreck.....after that it was all down hill, but I wouldn't piss on Sterlin Marlin if he was on fire after the "stunt" he pulled after a wreck at Talledage....Of course Marlin is a murderer, so what can you expect?

I think Ernie is at home with his family and is staying away from racing cause if he was still involved he would probably miss it too much...

Of course Marlin is a murderer, so what can you expect?

Now wait a minute!! He did NOT kill Dale Earnhardt. Dale's distinct and documented lack of quality saftey equipment was at fault, hence the HANS and like devices! That was racin', pure and simple. Tradgedy unfortunately resulted. I'm no great fan of Sterling, but I'll defend him here until the end! B)

Dale was in many much worse crashes, as many other drivers were. It was just his time. As was Davey's in his helicopter in Alabama, and Alan's in his MU-2 Turboprop in Wisconsin. Nothing to do with racin. When you gotta go...YOU'RE GONNA GO!

Of course Marlin is a murderer, so what can you expect?

Now wait a minute!! He did NOT kill Dale Earnhardt. Dale's distinct and documented lack of quality saftey equipment was at fault, hence the HANS and like devices! That was racin', pure and simple. Tradgedy unfortunately resulted. I'm no great fan of Sterling, but I'll defend him here until the end! B)

Dale was in many much worse crashes, as many other drivers were. It was just his time. As was Davey's in his helicopter in Alabama, and Alan's in his MU-2 Turboprop in Wisconsin. Nothing to do with racin. When you gotta go...YOU'RE GONNA GO!

Oh, Marlin just pisses me off. He tried doggin out Ernie, and then for the Earnhardt thing to happen in a very similiar manner, well it just pisses me off...I don't think Marlin is a murderer...No more than I think Ray Lewis is ;) I think it's a crying shame that there wasn't some kind of public outcry that it was Earnhardts fault that his safety equipment didn't work right(he "made it more comfortable")....

Oh, Alan was in Tenn when he crashed.....

Oh, Alan was in Tenn when he crashed.....

You're right. I thought he was on his way to his shop in Wisconsin. Either way another horrible tradgedy. :(

1993 was not a good year for NASCAR.

If Alan and Davey had lived, there would still only be 1 seven time champion, and Gordon wouldn't have half of the championships that he does.

1993 was not a good year for NASCAR.

If Alan and Davey had lived, there would still only be 1 seven time champion, and Gordon wouldn't have half of the championships that he does.

You're definitely right here. Those two accidents paved the way for Gordons unpresidented success. If Earnhardt Sr. wasn't around he'd have had even more than he does now!! I never really considered that perspective. Whoa! :blink:

Well kevnz, Ryan Newman has won ANOTHER pole for sundays race! How poorly do you predict he will finish? :lol:

You qualify for show, and win for dough! Ol' Matt Kenseth qualified in about his usual place. It seems he's telling them "I'll give you this much of a head start, 'cause you're gonna need it!"

Who Dey's boy Junior qualified seventh, so it looks as though they may have gotten the worst of their bugs worked out. We'll see how it translates into real racing come sunday! B)

Well kevnz, Ryan Newman has won ANOTHER pole for sundays race! How poorly do you predict he will finish? :lol:

You qualify for show, and win for dough! Ol' Matt Kenseth qualified in about his usual place. It seems he's telling them "I'll give you this much of a head start, 'cause you're gonna need it!"

Who Dey's boy Junior qualified seventh, so it looks as though they may have gotten the worst of their bugs worked out. We'll see how it translates into real racing come sunday! B)

Well it's possible that Newman might actually finish in the top ten this week....But I won't hold my breath....But he was a heap faster than the rest of the field...

Jr qualified well, but I wouldn't hold my breath on him winning it....(like I said, either Elliot Sadler(5th starting spot) or Kenseth will win, with a nod to Dale Jarrett starting 6th with a real shot at winning and a history at the track)

It's one thing to qualify well, but it comes done to when the checkered flag falls, not the green.....

looks like your buddy Earnhardt Jr. won.

Holy s**t Chris!! Welcome to the Nascar forum!! You're to be commended for watching the outcome of the race!! :D

P.S. Junior's not my buddy. He drives a Chevy. 'Nuff said. As a person though, I DO like him. A great competitor! B)

I'll watch the last couple of laps of any race.....To me, that's the most exciting part.

Of course it was! But the last couple laps is like a dish of great cuisine...finely prepared and simmered to perfection, as that race was. My driver didn't come out on top but he DID salvage a good finish out of a horrible mistake mid-race. (Kenseth spinning out at the pit road entrance!)

Tony Stewart was extremely strong, as too was Jeff Gordon. I can't wait until next week! B)