Official "Pimp Your Favorite Player"

Lets try something here...

Name three players at ANY position you would like to see the Bengals go after.

Don't come up with some outlandish crap, about how after some 5 player trade and our ten 1st round picks gained we pick so and so... Trades are OK, just keep them within reason. Just who you'd like to see the Bengals take and then we will come back after the draft and see who did well and who didn't. Last year it was the "Shazor Train", what's it going to be this year ??

WHODEY !!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have a Jones for Maryland Players. This past year, I wanted this fairly unknown fellow named Dominique Foxworth as a CB in round 3-4

He's done, oh, I don't know, pretty well this year :-)

So....let's talk Vernon Davis. 3 down TE. When our current TE's are on the field, the opposition knows if we are running (Kelly) or passing (Schobel) or won't be able to do anything at all (Stewart). Davis will stay on the field regardless of the down.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ernondavis.html

Next, Greg Blue

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...s/gregblue.html

Finally, Will Blackmon

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...llblackmon.html

I need to re-look over the crop of DEs and DTs, as I do agree I'd prefer an impact player on the d-line early in this next draft, but - each with his own reasons - none have seemed a good fit. I need to re-examine this.

In order of how much I like them

1. Michael Huff- Solid in all areas and can play any position in the secondary. It would be like having another Madieu in the secondary. To me, he is the most sure fire pick in the draft.

2. Vernon Davis- Freak athlete and he blocks well. He isn't a dominant blocker, but I could see him developing into one. I think he could start for us right away if he got into camp on time (although I am predicting another lengthy first round pick holdout no matter who it is and what agent he signs). Even if he missed most of training camp, I think he could play for us on passing downs by the start of the regular season.

3. Tye Hill- A little short at 5'10", but that is beginning to become prototypical size for a NFL corner. A track star at Clemson (won ACC titles running the 60, 100, and 400) and puts full effort into playing the run. Needs to be polished some, but I think he would start for us by the end of the season. The good thing about him is, even if he doesn't live up to his potential, he will be a good third corner.

I should add that I no longer like DT Rodrique Wright earlier than late round 2, which I know is much too low for this player who was once projected as a top 5 pick.

Was he even in uniform against USC? If he was, I failed to notice.

He was o_O mybe his lack of play in the game will make him fall :P to the 2nd

1) pass rushing DE

2) SS Blue or Whitner sound good to me, both can cover and hit

3) any thing that Marvin and the scouts come up with, they always seem to find the gem no one else wants.

This draft will be a success if they get a starting SS, to team with Williams next season, that is capable of helping cover TE's and also a decent run stopper.

If we would have had Williams this season our defense would have been much better against the TE's and the run, now we have the opportunity to add another player to strengthen the week middle of the D

I would not complain about taking a cover corner in the middle of this draft, James is getting old.

Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan

Darnell Bing, SS, USC

Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

I target three positions for the first three rounds

S: I am really starting to love Pat Watkins. Watching him on tape, he hits hard and can cover a guy going deep. I am starting to like him as our no. 1 pick. His height will be essential in covering the bigger WRs in the NFL and with 10 INTs he certainly has the ball skills to play centerfielder. He has great form tackling for a guy of his height and I trust Chip to put some more muscle on him without losing flexability.

TE: There are three guys I love, Vernon Davis if he is available in the first, Dominic Byrd if he is available in the first or second, and Anthony Fasano in the second or third. All of these guys will make a tremendous impact, if we could steal Byrd in the second I think that would be a perfect fit, he is physical and likes to block, he catches everything thrown at him, runs disaplined routes, and can get deep on LBers and some safeties. What about Eric Hicks? I think he can be Antonio Gates if he gets a shot at the NFL.

DT: Gabe Watson scares me, he has always had the talnet but last year where was it? Then he turns it on in the Senior Bowl and wows everyone, can we get consistent effort from him, at that it looks like we will have to take him in the first to get him at this point. Rod Wright might still be an option but I see us waiting on the third for a DT this year which means maybe we take a guy I have loved for two years, Steve Fifita from Utah, he was awesome in the bowl game last year, very good run stuffer.

My perfect draft at this point would be:

1) Pat Watkins, S, Florida State

2) Dominic Byrd, TE, USC

3) Steve Fifita, DT, Utah

4) Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson

S: I am really starting to love Pat Watkins.

TE: Davis; Byrd; Fasano

DT: Gabe Watson scares me; Wright; Fifita

My perfect draft at this point would be:

1) Pat Watkins, S, Florida State

2) Dominic Byrd, TE, USC

3) Steve Fifita, DT, Utah

4) Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson

Watkins is really coming on. But we must not forget that these are only the seniors and at that only the ones who want to play or were invited.

Pope is the man at TE, 6'8'' nuf said! No, I do not dispute the abilities of any of the others, but if I am drooling, that 6'8'' frame is interesting and gives an element that we currently do not have, yes we have size and speed, but not THAT size!

Fifita is short. Too short. I will cry if he is the pick, although I will then embrace him as a Bengal and hope he proves me wrong.

Methinks:

1. Bing

2. Wroten (slips due to off the field issues)

3. Kelly Jennings 4.41 / DeMario Minter 4.46 / Jon Joseph 4.35 / Danieal Manning 4.4 / Darrell Hunter 4.42

(can't make up my mind which one I like best) :D

4. Tony Scheffler Western Michigan 6-6 260 4.71 / Anthony Mix Auburn 6-5 252 4.55 (could be later in the draft, but both these guys have great size/speed!)

Jahmile Addae

Brian Iwuh

Antonio Cromartie

Tamba Hali

Travis Williams

Claude Wroten

Pat Watkins

Dominique Byrd

Kamerion Wimbley

Michael Huff

A.j. Nicholson

Ernie Sims

Marcus Maxey

Donte Whitner

Nate Salley

Will Blackmon

Leon Williams

Lawrence Vickers

Demario Minter

"Fifita is short. Too short. I will cry if he is the pick"

Just like Mike Patterson is too short to play DT? Just like Dwight Freeney is too short and too light to play DE? Just like Terrell Suggs is too slow to rush the passer in the NFL?

Football players are football players and Fifita is the perfect first and second down run stuffer, I mean 6'0" 322 lbs. what better leverage can you ask for. I believe Fifita is one of those names that comes out of nowhere in the combine.

I want YOBOUTY!

I want the booty of the "Steelers Fan" previously displayed in a certain someone who has neglected his duty to provide additional photos for analysis! You can have Yobouty!

Honestly, my picks.

1. Darnell Bing - SS Socal

2. Broderick Bunkley - DT Florida State

3. Greg Blue - SS Georgia

4. Babatunde Oshinowo - DT Stanford (Round 2 or 3 guy, but has a lot of potential and a very cool name!)

5. Dusty Dvoracek - DT Oklahoma - Ok, so the guy has had some problems with fighting and drinking off the field. Maybe we need a guy with some serious ability and attitude on the defensive line. Let the Tobins look into him, and if he falls, pull the trigger in the 3rd or 4th round if he's still there. Dude has on the field greatness, off the field questions.

99999. Chad Jackson - WR Florida Ok, so he'll go by the 2nd round, but wouldn't it be fun to have this guy wearing #15 instead of Chris "Dopey" Henry? If nothing else, it would really really confuse the lame announcers we always seem to get who can't tell one player from another when their names and numbers aren't similar.

If I could grab anyone.. it would probably be Mario Williams. There is your D rookie of the year.

Based on our 24th pick, I'd be happy with Kiwanuka, Huff, V. Davis, or Gillis.

Here is my bengals mock.

Bengals Rounds 1-7:

1. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

2. Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia---pobably gone.

3. Alan Zemaitis, CB, Penn Sate

4. Dwayne Slay, SS, Texas Tech

5. Babatunde Oshinowo, DT, Stanford

6. Marcus Maxey, CB, Miami

7. Tre Stallings, OT, Mississippi

Somebody better tell McClover he's not draft eligible if the following is untrue.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/010506aba.html

And the part about Demetrius Williams in the following write-up pretty much sums up what I was seeing, only I'd probably add to it that a couple of the catches he made were freakish enough to be of the Chad variety.

http://49ers.scout.com/2/494088.html