My Bengals mock

Spain

1. Max jeans Gilles G

2. leonard pope TE

3. Matt bernstein FB

Max will the anchor of this loine for years, He is a mountain and the best run blocking gaurd in the draft. Pope is a deep threat that caan block. Bernstein is like having another gaurd. I know no D sorry from where we are drafting at cant see help falling to us. We can however make our running game dominant. This will keep Palmer healthy too because we would be gatting impact from all positions in blocking. I know some of you are high on JJ and Boobie. Im not. JJ isnt at the level of Bach and anderson on the power O, and Kelley is getting better but the Bengals have a chance to havethe best O in the NFL. On D I bet we go all D and bring in a DT , DE, SS. The final starting line up would be.

WR CJ

TE Pope

RT Anderson

RG Jeans

C Braham

LG Bach

LT Jones

QB Palmer

HB Rudi

FB Bernstein

RDE ?

RDT Thorton

LDT Hovan

LDE Smith

LOLB Simmons

MLB Odell

ROLB Water boy

CB James

FS Williams

SS Archuleta

CB Deltha

Thats what id do!

1. Max jeans Gilles G

2. leonard pope TE

3. Matt bernstein FB

Max will the anchor of this loine for years, He is a mountain and the best run blocking gaurd in the draft. Pope is a deep threat that caan block. Bernstein is like having another gaurd. I know no D sorry from where we are drafting at cant see help falling to us. We can however make our running game dominant. This will keep Palmer healthy too because we would be gatting impact from all positions in blocking. I know some of you are high on JJ and Boobie. Im not. JJ isnt at the level of Bach and anderson on the power O, and Kelley is getting better but the Bengals have a chance to havethe best O in the NFL. On D I bet we go all D and bring in a DT , DE, SS. The final starting line up would be.

WR CJ

TE Pope

RT Anderson

RG Jeans

C Braham

LG Bach

LT Jones

QB Palmer

HB Rudi

FB Bernstein

RDE ?

RDT Thorton

LDT Hovan

LDE Smith

LOLB Simmons

MLB Odell

ROLB Water boy

CB James

FS Williams

SS Archuleta

CB Deltha

Thats what id do!

there is no way in hell pope falls to us in the second round he is lock for the first round

I really do agree with spain, we need to be looking at G and Tackle on offense, starting with our 1st round pick.

is max jean is there I say take him, he's a probowler....and would be another young stud solidifying the O line.

I think we draft a te in the 2nd round, and a DT in the 3rd round.

Get a safety in FA.\

BTW Geathers needs to be our RDE.

Am I the only one here that thinks its stupid to draft a fullback? Jeremi Johnson is a fantastic blocking fullback. Am I missing something here?

I like Max Jene-Gilles as a prospect, but I don't think he would be much of an improvement over Bobbie Williams. I doubt Gilles would even start his rookie season if we drafted him. Chemistry is a very important thing for an O-Line and our line has great chemistry. This oline set a franchise record for fewest sacks allowed in a season and Rudi set a franchise record for rushing yards and averaged 4.3 yards a pop, why rock the boat?

While I could see Pope dropping to the second round, I don't see him dropping to where we are in the second. Its too early to declare Pope a sure fire first rounder.

I realize a lot of this is a knee jerk reaction to Palmer's injury and wanting to ensure his safety next year, but I don't think any of this would really help. IMO, Palmer's injury just made Chris Perry that much more valuable to the team. Dump off receivers are what are going to keep Palmer safe.

Why would we spend our first three picks on offense?

Because we're the bastard sons of Paul Brown and offensive football is all we know or care about.

As for me, I want defense and plenty of it, but I wouldn't rule out drafting a tackle if the Bengals approach Levi and Willie prior to the draft with offers to extend and make little progress. It's hardly an ideal scenario I admit, but it's a deep draft for offensive tackles, it would be nice to groom one before throwing him into the mix.

I too would like D, however I ran my mock for each team and there was noe their that graded out as high as the O players. Pope could fall to us someone is going to fall. These are the guys I see falling. As far as drafting a FB, Bernstein is like having another gaurd out there in Space. JJ is very average in space and the power O. We live off of the power O. Im sure we will bring in D, just cant see anubody worth taking when we pick. two cents

No. We don't need a new fullback, we can resign JJ for cheap. We can get a quality tight end like Tim Day in round three or four, and Bobbie Williams is a player that I think we need to hold on to.

Spain..

Pope is a mid to late first round pick.. certainly not a late second ...

Gilles is a great run blocker ...his pass blocking is questionable..he's also overweight even by NFL standards ...

third round fullback?? come on man...

They team will go for defense in the first two rounds maybe even three...

I hope they do , but all theD will begone as always. We will have better value by drafting a gaurd at that late. Or FB. One of the TE will fall. Someone always does. Teams dont like to spend first rounders on TEs, G,or FB. Bernstein is like having another gaurd. Its not that JJ is horrible just Bernsein is the best lead blocker to come out in a while. He would be a great. Gillis will be worked in. Look at all our number ones. The last three years. None of them had an impact till their second year. There is no way we are going to count on Rookies as starters. That would give us the best running game in the leauge for years to come.

Pope could slide to us in the second, tho I think it unlikely. At thios pont the consensus seems to be that he goes in the top half of round 2.

Why would we spend our first three picks on offense?

Because we're the bastard sons of Paul Brown and offensive football is all we know or care about.

Yup. Gawd knows it would not surprise me in the least if the bengals went something like OT, TE, WR (or even QB in there somewhere, depending on Carson's progress) in the first 3. It would aggravate the hell out of me, but it wouldn't surprise me. Cincy never saw an offensive player they didn't like.

As for me, I want defense and plenty of it, but I wouldn't rule out drafting a tackle if the Bengals approach Levi and Willie prior to the draft with offers to extend and make little progress. It's hardly an ideal scenario I admit, but it's a deep draft for offensive tackles, it would be nice to groom one before throwing him into the mix.

I'm always up for a good OT, esp. with an O that lives and dies by the pass like we do. But Koo's done fine, Andrews is still lurking in the background, and we've already got a clog-up developing in terms of o-line roster spots. Unless those conversations with Levi and Willie really get ugly, I think I pass this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Going O for the first three will not, dare i say, CANNOT happen. Not with the defensive performance down the stretch.

No way. Spain, you are a nutbird.

I think a TE on Day 1, maybe the 2nd or third rtound, would be worth taking. Pope probably will be gone for us in the second. Byrd may be there.

I do see us taking an O-Lineman and even a QB late Day 2 with 6 and 7.

With the defensive talent available for us at 24, 56 and 88, we won't be taking a FB...put down the pipe and step away from the bag.