Disappointed Alumni of Kentucky/God UK Sucks

San Antonio Bengal

Ever since Tubby took the reins of the basketball program there have been people calling for his head. There were people who said that his national championship in the first year was because of all the players that Rick had brought in, not Tubby's coaching. There have been several good seasons along the way, but not championship seasons. That's really not so bad -- be competitive year in and year out and eventually the bounces will go your way and you'll be at the top of the mountain. And every year the "fire Tubby" chant comes out at some point even if the team has a crazy good record at 32 - 4 or something. And every year, I have been an apologist for Tubby, defending him against all the crazy calls for his head.

This season is different. Very different. First we have the whole faxgate issue with Morris. We barely hung on against teams we should have beaten handily and lost in blowouts to teams that we should have at least been competitive with. The only bright spot so far was the victory over Louisville. What scares me is that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the players Tubby has recently brought in. Aside from the nepotism that allowed Saul Smith to play in a Kentucky uniform, the rest of the team always seemed pretty solid in the early Tubby years. There were chinks in the armor here and there, but they were still the class of the SEC and made some good runs in the tournament. But I look at this team now and it seems like a lot of random players were thrown together, most of whom are below average. Tubby's recruiting over the past couple seasons leaves me scratching my head wondering what kinda crack he was on at the time.

I still believe that Tubby is a good coach, but his recruiting has been terrible. And that bad recruiting has shown itself so far this season. Even with the same record, I wouldn't feel like I do if UK had actually been competitive in some of those games. I don't see any hope on the horizon (you mean there are actually freshmen on the team?) and if things don't improve, it's gonna be a really long season. I can't bring myself to adopt the "fire Tubby" mantra especially with the season not being complete, but I don't know what the alternative is. It's gonna be a long season...

Yes I may be a huge UK homer but good grief, I think I might just stab my eyes out if I have to keep watching this crap. I actually feel for Tubby this year. What is the man supposed to do? These guys have a ton of talent and cannot hit a damn shot. I have never seen such horrible decision making in my entire life.

I know there are a ton of haters out there, and I know some of you love the fact Ky is struggling. That's fine. The fact remains, though, that some of us are just as much diehards for UK as we are for the Bengals. For me, I am for both. Needless to say this has been the worst 3 sportsweeks that I can remember.

I feel like sh*t today. I think I am going to go get drunk tonight. At least then I might foret how bad my team blows.

Oh and f*ck Duke.

:(:(

Can't believe we both posted the same type topic at the same time. I'm f*cking reeling here. I am so depressed over this season I don't know what to do. It's going to be a loooooong season brother.

I hear ya. It seems that Tubby has gone after individual players rather than people who will fit appropriately into a system. There are guys who have talent, but there's just a lot of selfish ball being played -- there's no concept of team on this team. It might sound weird to say it, I have May 2007 circled on my calendar. That's when the current junior class (i.e. the class of dead wood taking up space) graduates. Ugh.

I almost, I said I almost(I cannot stress the importance of almost) wanted to act like a Squeelers fan

:lmao:

Did I say almost :D

It's alright man, pile on. I can't even attempt to defend this sh*tty arse team.

Can't believe we both posted the same type topic at the same time. I'm f*cking reeling here. I am so depressed over this season I don't know what to do. It's going to be a loooooong season brother.

You guys might be Big Blue, but Xavier is Litl Blue.

Come on over to the good side and root for X. Come on, you know you want to, there isn't any other team you would rather watch right? We are 11-2 (with road losses to Illinois and Creighton) and are heading into the Shootout with a head of steam.

So come on UK fans. I know your season is hard, but come and see X. You will be surprised.

You don't seem to understand the depth of homerism at which Cat fans operate. We expect a final four EVERY year. To lose 6 games before Febuary is UNACCEPTABLE. Rooting for another team is simply not an option, unfortunately.

Big Blue Blood runs deep. There is no other team to root for other than the one playing against Duke. The only other team that I'd have a passing interest in is Texas. I've been on the Texas football bandwagon for a while, but I haven't warmed up to basketball. I don't expect a final four every year, but I expect to be competitive with the best teams in the land. Losing the way they have and barely hanging on against the likes of Iona and Central Florida just isn't Kentucky basketball.

The good thing for KY fans is that it is still January; not even late January. So there is plenty of time for Tubby to show that he can coach knucklehead ball hogs. They managed to beat a mediocre team last night so they may get back on track.

Being the Tubby fan that I am, I wouldn't be too surprised if he has the team playing well come March. It might be nice to go into the tournament under the radar for a change. They sure aren't going to be a one seed this year.

The good thing for KY fans is that it is still January; not even late January. So there is plenty of time for Tubby to show that he can coach knucklehead ball hogs. They managed to beat a mediocre team last night so they may get back on track.

Being the Tubby fan that I am, I wouldn't be too surprised if he has the team playing well come March. It might be nice to go into the tournament under the radar for a change. They sure aren't going to be a one seed this year.

As much as I hate UK one thing UK teams ALWAYS do is peak in March. Fortunately for me, Unfortunately for the rest of ya is the fact that Tubby just doesn't have the horses this year. Every player he has is predictable. You don't need too much of a gameplan to know Sparks can't do anything but shoot, Rondo can't shoot and he can't do anything but drive to the lane, and how the hell was Randolph Morris a McDonald's all american in the first place. He looks half asleep out there. And you have a couple of seven footers you could knock over with a feather.

BTW, XU will get a rude awakening from a dog tired, hurting bearcat team. :sure:

Well Morris is definately not the saviour, but man he is a HUGE upgrade on the inside presnce we did have. I absolutely hate the worhtless 7 footers we currently employ. It is a joke. Maybe this game will give them a bit of confidence. maybe.