Marvin Must Go!

I could some up this thread as various poster's inability to catach TNBT's sarcasm.

Everyone knows exactly the sarcasm at hand, and responded in with their own sarcasm. No Bengals fan is going to legitimately want Marvin fired, especially not for the reasons TNBT mentioned.

The most disturbing thing to me centered on the mixed reaction Marvin was said to have gotten when he informed the team that they had the opportunity to extend their season up to 7 weeks longer. It has been implied that too many players on the roster were satisfied with what had been accomplished and the way they were already being hailed as local heros.

This is pretty clearly not the case. You have only to look at how they played the first half of the game. The Bengals might end up as the only team to even have the lead against Pittsburgh at any time during the playoffs (and that was with Kitna at QB).

I think that TNBT was being sarcastic

Gee, at least SOMEONE realized that....

I'm just getting sick of all the doom and gloom in a season where we did what we expected to do, get to the playoffs. Before the season, the hope was for this year to be a wild card year, most likely a 1 and out. Then we started winning because we saw just how freaking good Carson Palmer could be. We saw flashes of brilliance from our patchwork secondary, who managed to make the tackles that should have been made upfront, and who became the ultimate ballhawks in the NFL.

Now all we here is we are DOOOOOOMED! There is no freaking HOPE!

Screw that. I'm sticking with the team, unlike Walzav and others who have decided next year we will be unable to score a single point.

This may be tough for you to deal with, but there is plenty of room between "DOOOOMED!" and "never say anything bad" homerism. It's called fair criticism, and while we all recognize that Marvin's done a great job, there's some things that need fixing. See, there's not much point for a message board if there's nothing to post except brain-dead crap like "I HATE THE SQUEALERS!!!!!"

Btw, I think everyone recognized your sarcasm and chose to move on.