The Game Thread - Pitt v. Cinci

Ox

Put the women and children to sleep, it's time to kick some damn skulls in. Armageddon is here, trolls, and after today our boards will be clean again.

F*ck you Steelers. It's clobberin time.

Cinci - 35

Pitt - 20

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the women and children to sleep, it's time to kick some damn skulls in. Armageddon is here, trolls, and after today our boards will be clean again.

F*ck you Steelers. It's clobberin time.

Cinci - 35

Pitt - 20

enuf said!!!! :bengal:

Big Duane, Fanene sit...Shaun Smith & B-Rob active...looks like it's time to stuff the run (insert frenzied scream of "NOOOO" from HairOnFire here ;) )

The Bengals are so geared up to stop the Steelers running game that they had to sit down one of their most experienced postseason players to make room for defensive tackle Bryan Robinson in Sunday’s Wild Card playoff game.

Head coach Marvin Lewis opted to dress Robinson (foot) for the first time since Nov. 20, but he had to sit down end Duane Clemons to do it. Clemons, one of 13 players on the Bengals roster with postseason experience, also didn’t play back on Dec. 4 when the Bengals held Pittsburgh to 95 yards rushing in a 38-31 victory.

Shaun Smith, who started in Robinson’s place for the last six games, had five tackles against Pittsburgh and is going to start this one. Rookie end Jonathan Fanene, who had a big game in his NFL debut against the Steelers last month, is also down to make room for Robinson.

Before the first playoff game ever at Paul Brown Stadium, the Bengals were able to judge that cornerback Deltha O’Neal ((knee) and wide receiver Chris Henry (back) are healthy to play.

All the talking heads say Bengals have little if any chance of winning.

That was the book on the game early in the week...but over the last day or two there seems to have been a lot of flow in the bengals' direction. We'll see how it goes.

Parallels? Yesterday the first home team lost and the second home team won. Today, so far, the first home team lost...

:cheers:

I hope we win the toss, score early and destroy them.

That'll be about all you'll win :sure:

You gonna be back after the game, or dissappear?

Well, I dunno what to think.

All the talking heads say Bengals have little if any chance of winning. Their only hope is to get into a shootout and have the ball last. I think we win easily if we get early lead. Prediction.. Bengals 31 - 14.

Marvin

I don't know where you Bungles fans get your info. ESPN analysts Steve Young and Tom Jackson both picked the Bengals to win. As have a lot of other analysts, such as Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason.

Enough with the disrespect crap (this is aimed at most of the homers on this board). If you watched the Jax/Pats game last night you saw Al Michaels' commentary on the whole "disrespect" card that teams love to play (this was sparked by mentions of Tom Brady's ridiculous comments). It's good to have a voice of reason cause most people get so sick of hearing this stuff, especially from the Patriots, which is every year. So, congratulations Bungals fans, you're in elite company now.

Doesn't mean you'll win.

I hope we win the toss, score early and destroy them.

I hope the Bengals lose the toss, take the ball away from Pittsburgh on their first series, and give our offense the confidence of knowing they don't have to score every time the Bengals have the ball.

I forgot what a horrible sick feeling it is when your team plays in a really big game. The amount of pain there is after a loss is greater than the amount of joy after a win. You just hope you can keep the positive in mind if your team happens to lose.

Well, I dunno what to think.

All the talking heads say Bengals have little if any chance of winning. Their only hope is to get into a shootout and have the ball last. I think we win easily if we get early lead. Prediction.. Bengals 31 - 14.

Marvin

I don't know where you Bungles fans get your info. ESPN analysts Steve Young and Tom Jackson both picked the Bengals to win. As have a lot of other analysts, such as Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason.

Enough with the disrespect crap (this is aimed at most of the homers on this board). If you watched the Jax/Pats game last night you saw Al Michaels' commentary on the whole "disrespect" card that teams love to play (this was sparked by mentions of Tom Brady's ridiculous comments). It's good to have a voice of reason cause most people get so sick of hearing this stuff, especially from the Patriots, which is every year. So, congratulations Bungals fans, you're in elite company now.

Doesn't mean you'll win.

the Bungles BS is getting a little old, plus if were still the So called Bungles what that say for your second place asses???? P lus we wont here from him any more after today pu**y!!!!!

Remember the good old days when the SMACK forum was where the respectful fans of the opponent would go during a game? Oh, wait, I guess there are a couple times per year where that doesn't happen. Just happens to be three times this year. Thanks for being consistent. They never let me down.

Sure, why not. I'll enjoy reading all of the excuses. I won't expect you to be back until arond draft time, though.

Well, you're wrong. I'll be waiting for you at about 7:30 or so. Bring your towel. :sure:

Sure, why not. I'll enjoy reading all of the excuses. I won't expect you to be back until arond draft time, though.

Excuses OMG you guys are the "KINGS" oh wait a minute I mean "Queens" of excuses. After we won second game all we freaking heard was how Ben thumb was cut off at the elbow or he had his hand in a full body cast !!! Shut the f**k up..You are a the worst Steeler cry yet!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Well, whaddya expect out of Boomer...and Jackson lives in Cincy. But feel free to check espn.com. sportsline, si.com, etc. The book on the game all week, at least until late yesterday and early today, was that the bengals didn't stand a chance. Steelers had the big mo, cincy had no run D, steelers had all the experience, bengals were new, etc. Last 24 hours or so there has been a shift, mostly I suspect due too so many people taking the Steelers that people started second-guessing themselves. Even Mike Florio, the Steeler homer who runs profootballtalk.com, has switched his pick to the bengals, due, he says, to exactly the "underdog" status thrust upon them by the media this week.

Excuses OMG you guys are the "KINGS" oh wait a minute I mean "Queens" of excuses. After we won second game all we freaking heard was how Ben thumb was cut off at the elbow or he had his hand in a full body cast !!! Shut the f**k up..You are a the worst Steeler cry yet!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Well, I never made those excuses. We got beat fair and square. Just like we pummelled you fair and square in the first game.

Bungles fans don't have that type of mentality though. It's always excuses, but you'll never hear them admit it though.

You'll always be the Bungles to me. It never gets old. Even the analysts call you that. It's a term of endearment :sure:

Well, whaddya expect out of Boomer...and Jackson lives in Cincy. But feel free to check espn.com. sportsline, si.com, etc. The book on the game all week, at least until late yesterday and early today, was that the bengals didn't stand a chance. Steelers had the big mo, cincy had no run D, steelers had all the experience, bengals were new, etc. Last 24 hours or so there has been a shift, mostly I suspect due too so many people taking the Steelers that people started second-guessing themselves. Even Mike Florio, the Steeler homer who runs profootballtalk.com, has switched his pick to the bengals, due, he says, to exactly the "underdog" status thrust upon them by the media this week.

I think that a fair asseessment by yourself and Mike Florio. I never said the Steelers were locks in this game. I honestly believe our D is not going to play well (they've been inconsistenet all year) and the Bungles may eek out a win.

I'd love to be wrong about that but that's how I'm seeing it right now. :unsure: