Skip Bayless takes the Bengals

jjakq27

On today's Cold Pizza, Skip Bayless was adamant that not only would the Bengals defeat the Steelers on Sunday, they would also go to Denver and defeat the Broncos.

His comment was "the Bengals have Carson Palmer and the Broncos still have Jake Plummer."

He is the only one who hasn't given up on the Bengals...like Tom Jackson and Sean Salisbary

Yeah, no doubt. I did a tour of the usual suspects today -- sportsline, espn, SI, etc. -- and I came away with just one question:

Why are they even bothering to play the game on Sunday? Pitt hast the momentum, the defense, the prettier uniforms, they're the best 6th seed in the history of football, and are even being touted in some corners as the only team with a chance to beat the Colts!

I say we just cancel the postseason and give Pitt the Lombardi now. Heck, the Steelers are so great that I don't understand why Pittsburgh doesn't put them to better uses. Put 'em in Pirates uniforms and you can pencil in a World Series win.

George Bush ought to give these guys a call. Give 'em some guns and flak jackets and they could wipe out the Iraqi insurgency in a week or two. 15 days, tops. NASA can't get the space shuttle flying? Shoot, why not just give Jerome Bettis a call. Bet he could slap together a faster-than-light warp drive in his garage in a couple hours.

I came away with just one question:

Why are they even bothering to play the game on Sunday? Pitt hast the momentum, the defense, the prettier uniforms, they're the best 6th seed in the history of football, and are even being touted in some corners as the only team with a chance to beat the Colts!

Because they sucked for the first forty years of their existence.

At least we made the playoffs a few times in our thirty plus years.

Only a Bungle Fan would take a prediction from a blithering ninny like Skip Bayless and start a THREAD on it! Damn you Bungle fans are REALLY desperate to find ANYONE who thinks you have a shot in he!l of beating the Steelers..lol... pathetic..the whole lot of you.

unlike the loser who signs up anonymously on other teams fan boards and proceeds to make a case that it is everyone else who are the pathetic losers.

negative24.jpg

Only a Bungle Fan would take a prediction from a blithering ninny like Skip Bayless and start a THREAD on it! Damn you Bungle fans are REALLY desperate to find ANYONE who thinks you have a shot in he!l of beating the Steelers..lol... pathetic..the whole lot of you.

That's pretty good actually. :lol: I kinda agree with you troll. I've always hated Bayless -- looks like he wants to sell you a used car.

You gotta admit though -- it does make you feel better even when a jackass like him picks your team. Your team just happens to have us outnumbered in jackasses right now.

Only a Steelers fan would be offended by such a claim. After all you guys are the defending Super Bowl champs. Oh I forgot. :o You aren't the defending champs are you.

BTW I heard the same crap about four weeks ago from the Rust Buckets.

the majority of the media should be pickin the steelers...

pitt runs the ball hard/we can't stop the run

we've played like s**t the past few weeks

we have been a s**tty franchise for a long time

we still haven't really shown the nation that we can beat good teams (aside from pitt)

we shouldn't be mad at the media for pickin against us...they have a lot of reasons to. we can only hope they're wrong.

Ron Jaworski was on PTI today and said it was mistake for Vegas to make the Steelers the favorites to win in Cincy. He still considers the Bengals the favorites and expects to see a game very much like the rematch where the Bengals put so much offensive pressure on the Steelers that Pittsburgh forced to abandon their running game. He conceded that the Steelers were fully capable of running the ball down the Bengals throats all day long, but felt that the outcome of the first game this season wouldn't be repeated because the Bengals offense wasn't likely to be as bad as that day.

And as always he showed HUGE amounts of respect for Palmer.