Kitna to San Diego or San Fran?

Kirkendall

Such as an income to live off when you retire?

No. Obviously if that meant anything to them in school, they wouldn't be quitting BEFORE they graduate. I think something more immediate and tangible. I really don't have the answer either. :blink:

Well the way I look at it is if these players can't manage their money, more money than 90% of America will ever see in their lifetimes, and don't prepare for the life after football then the hell with them. They have every oppritunity at making their comfertable lives last well past their lives with investments, savings, and just being smart. Granted, players can go back to school during the off-season; but the way I see it, they are on their own in terms of retirement or other financial stablities. Most people that come into money problems are their own doing and the NFL or other established leagues when this issue comes into question doesn't need to help them; they already do that with $ they give players.

I have 1 point to make about the player's salaries. Anytime you have a product that brings in the type of money the NFL does you have to be able to split that money up properly to those who make it possible. If the players are not getting the money then its the fat-cat owners who already have more than they know what to do with. There are better ways to distribute that money, obviously...like putting it back into the cities that the teams "play for", and some of these guys do, but when you also have a job that can end in the blink of any eye and leave you in a wheel chair or worse for the rest of your life, and you are part of the entertainment industry which pays Actors and Actresses(Friends cast 1 mil. per episode, Julia Roberts $20 mil per film) un-Godly amounts of money; well then you can see where they are coming from. I certaintly wouldn't want the company I work for making millions off of my likeness, and my short career span, and not giving me a fair portion of that.

BTW - thanks Chris for pulling out the stats to back my opinion of Manning...Billy, as the Eagles proved year after year choking is a team effort...Manning didn't miss blocks, run bad routes, or allow Patriots TD's, but he did his fair share. Lets hope Palmer and the Bengals can avoid that trend.