Kyle Boller

CantStop85

The kid finally seems to be getting the hang of the QB position. I know it's only been 2 games, but I've watched both and he's making good decisions. Looks like we'll see him as the starter for Baltimore for at least another year. It kinda reminds me of how things just started to click for Palmer late in the year last year. Props to him...I'm interested to see how he does next season now that his weapons are finally starting to click.

OMG he is finally turning in to the ALL-PRO caliber talent he was projected to be. Watch out Marino, watch out Elway this kid is coming for you!! Two good games in 3 seasons against below average teams....he is turning heads~~!!! Might be the best QB in the League!! Def. my first pick in my fantasy league next year! :)

The kid finally seems to be getting the hang of the QB position. I know it's only been 2 games, but I've watched both and he's making good decisions. Looks like we'll see him as the starter for Baltimore for at least another year. It kinda reminds me of how things just started to click for Palmer late in the year last year. Props to him...I'm interested to see how he does next season now that his weapons are finally starting to click.

You can't seriously be buying into this guy. boller4ds.jpg

Sure, he has a decent game once every blue moon, but that's it. When is the last time he's strung two of those together? Answer: Never. When will he string two good games together? Same answer.

It's been a bit more than two games. Over the last 6 games, Boller is: 201 attempts/122 completions (60.6%) for 1,307 yards, 11 TDs, and 6 picks. Ravens are 4-2 and have scored 149 points over that span. Those are good numbers. Even if you add in his two worst games, the season opener vs. Indy where he got hurt and his first game back against Jax, his completion percentage stays above 60%, his yardage goes to nearly 1,600 -- projecting out to a 3,000+ yard passer for the season -- and his TDs still outnumber his picks 11 to 10.

I agree. I think the light bulb is finally coming on for Kyle.

That "light" will come in pretty handy as he continues to guide the Ravens down into the deep dark cellar of the AFC North! :lol:

I dunno, chief. The Ravens are 4-4 with Boller, 2-5 without. And all 4 of Boller's losses were vs. playoff teams -- Indy, Jax, us and Denver -- while 2 of the wins were against playoff-bound Pitt and not-playoff-bound-after-losing-to-Baltimore Minny. On top of that, he's gone 4-2 in the last six while also getting hammered regularly -- 20 sacks. Giive the kid an o-line this offseason and I think he'll go places.

That "light" will come in pretty handy as he continues to guide the Ravens down into the deep dark cellar of the AFC North! :lol:

I dunno, chief. The Ravens are 4-4 with Boller, 2-5 without. And all 4 of Boller's losses were vs. playoff teams -- Indy, Jax, us and Denver -- while 2 of the wins were against playoff-bound Pitt and not-playoff-bound-after-losing-to-Baltimore Minny. On top of that, he's gone 4-2 in the last six while also getting hammered regularly -- 20 sacks. Giive the kid an o-line this offseason and I think he'll go places.

Joisey...Kyle Boller simply just doesn't have what it takes. If he did he would have shown some of it by now. Not this brief glimpse in every 4-6 starts. Besides, what you guys are saying about him now is what the "experts" have said about him many times before, only to have him to promptly step up and prove them wrong with an incredibly horrendous performance! (Does anyone remember that debacle on primetime late last year? It was agonizing to watch, even for me!)

I also credit any wins the Ravens got while he happened to be playing QB strictly to their defense, as usual. They'd be better off with Anthony Wright IMHO, but hey, if they wanna stick with Kyle, I'm more than happy to support them in this folly! They'll never see the playoffs with him taking the snaps, that I can promise you!

And as far as his offensive line, while not the very best in the league, is sure better than many. They're led by pro bowl LT Jonathan Ogden (6-9; 345) along with LG Edwin Mulitalo (6-3; 345), C Mike Flynn (6-3; 305), RG Brian Rimpf (6-5; 320), and RT Tony Pashos (6-6; 320) is not too shabby in anyones book. True, they may have had an off year this season, but I attribute that to lack of confidence in their signal caller more than anything else. In fact every Ravens fan I know personally hates Boller and wishes dearly that they'd pick up a new QB come draft day. And it's not just the Ravens fans I know personally. I don't think he's too well liked by the people that run their official web page. The banner from their front page has some favorite players emblazoned upon it. Kyle? He's nowhere to be seen.

ravenspage8tj.jpg

Now compare this to a teams page where a good young QB does exist, and I think you'll see the stark contrast.

bengalspage2zs.jpg

First of all, remember guys, this was only his third year and he was injured for the majority of it.

It's not like this kid got the ideal situation coming out of college. He got thrown to the lions in his very first year, having to throw to possibly the worst receiving corps in the league, relying heavily on todd heap and jamal lewis. Next season he still has the same laughable receiving corps and todd heap gets hurt...the kid has 0 weapons. This season he gets Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason along with Todd Heap...Boller gets injured in the first game, but comes back throwing pretty well the rest of the season, catching fire in the last two weeks.

If you look at his stats, he throws pretty well...he's usually well over 50% in completions (more than Eli Manning can say). The biggest weakness in his game is his tendency to make bad decisions and throw picks. As time goes on, he will get better at throwing less interceptions (kind of like Jake Plummer).

You have to give Boller a little bit of credit, he's gotten better every season and the last 2 years he's had almost no one to throw the ball to. If he can stay healthy, I'd say he can develop into a pretty respectable quarterback...a Jake Plummer more or less because of his mobility.

Remember, it's not like this kid was the most polished quarterback coming out of college...he still needed time to learn the game. Just throwing him out there (ala Tim Couch) didn't help much.

And by the way, Whur Chad At, one of your 2 "crap" teams was a playoff contender before Boller and the ravens knocked them off. Also, Boller had a pretty good game against us, too with an above 80 QB rating.

I'm glad he's doing well at the end of the season. Just when they were considering getting rid of him, Billick and the organization will get a false sense of Boller turning into a great QB. The Ravens will keep Billick and Boller around. And they'll be back to their old selves next season. I haven't seen enough out of Boller to say he's turning into a good NFL QB.

You have to give Boller a little bit of credit, he's gotten better every season and the last 2 years he's had almost no one to throw the ball to.

I tried to give him credit, but the big bad Browns bitch slapped him and took it, along with all the self respect he had on him at the time, which by all witnesses account wasn't that big a loss. <_<

IMHO, these Ravens game stats from yesterdays 16-20 loss against the Browns doesn't reflect a QB "getting better." All the Ravens point's came from field goals, special teams, hell... even the Ravens defense outscored the offense! But that's not unusual. I bet there's no other team in the NFL that that has happened to more often than Baltimore has in the past 3 years.

PASSING ATT CMP YDS TD LG INT

K. Boller 36 15 151 0 31 2

RECEIVING NO YDS AVG LG TD

C. Taylor 4 16 4.0 8 0

D. Mason 3 73 24.3 31 0

J. Lewis 3 29 9.7 13 0

M. Clayton 3 11 3.7 6 0

T. Heap 2 22 11.0 12 0

---------------------------------------

Total 15 151 10.1 31 0

IMO, it reflects inconsistentcy. And if you look at his numbers throughout his career, it's the only thing he's really been consistent at!

Also the excuse of "having no one to throw to" won't hold water. Todd Heap is a proven commodity. Add to that the money Baltimore's front office spent in the free agent market and got Derrick Mason, a top WR from Tennessee. During his last 5 seasons as a Titan, he had 34 touchdown catches. This year? Three.

But Baltimore wasn't done setting up targets for Kyle to throw to. The 2005 Draft Day comes along and the Ravens take Oklahoma's all time leading reciever in receptions, 100 yard games, total recieving yards, and TD's as their #1 pick in the 2005 Draft. Even I thought he'd be a perfect #2 reciever to compliment Mason as their #1. His totals? Two TD's and less than 500 total receiving yards. I don't hear anyone calling him a bust, so the problem must lie elsewhere.

Well the Ravens local newspaper LINK: The Baltimore Sun has determined the problem for us. These guy's are usually big "homers," but obviously that only goes so far as you can see buy Mr. Prestons article here:

Report card

Mike Preston grades the Ravens; Originally published January 2, 2006

Quarterback: C-

In a perfect world, Kyle Boller is the perfect quarterback. But under duress, he can't consistently make plays. He is inaccurate and often throws high and behind receivers. He had a chance for three touchdown passes yesterday and missed on all of them. Bottom line: Boller isn't consistent from week to week.

Copyright © 2006, The Baltimore Sun

Does this same old song sound any different when someone else besides me is singing it? :serenade: Just wondering because they're singing it in full chorus in Baltimore! B)