Jax Versus Pitt Thread

cincyhokie

Id rather play Jax at home and then go to a dome anyway.....

I agree ...

The Jags are the best match-up for us in the first round and I would just as soon play Indy in their dome as to play the Broncos at milehigh, should we win and the Steelers lose.

Of course if we were to beat the Jags and the Steelers should happen to beat the Pats we would go to Denver for the second round.

But that would open up the possibility of having the Steelers at home for the AFCC Game.

I would Love that match-up ...

+1. Jax at home and then, if a win (and we owe them big-time), then take out shot at the Colts. It's what I want.

I wouldn't get too hopeful about Jax; IMHO it will be Pitt.

Why? Well, first off, forget KC. Pitt isn't going to lose to Detroit, so they're getting the last ticket to the postseason dance.

Second, NE isn't going to want to play the suddenly red-hot Steelers any more than the Bengals. And with Bruschi going down last night, I fullly expect Belichick to pull in the Pats' claws in a meaningless closer against Miami.

So I look for a Pats loss in week 17, giving them Jax and us Pitt.

Much rather play Jax, Pitt will be gunning for us after that division let down, and even though they beat us earlier, Jax doesn't look real sharp right now.

On the "N" word. I work under the philosophy that words like that need to be used, the more you use them the less power they have. I know Jditty meant no disrespect.

That's the thing. I sweat the Steelers more in the 1st round than I would in the Championship game. I could see the Steeler's giving the Broncos and the Pat's a beatdown. That is an argument for playing Jax this week. Sure, that would give us the Colt's but looking at Peyton's horrbile playoff record and all of the things that team is going through not to mention that they will have had 4 weeks off, than maybe we could punch them in the mouth. I would love Steelers @ Bengals for a trip to the Super Bowl! We'd kill em!

That's the thing. I sweat the Steelers more in the 1st round than I would in the Championship game. I could see the Steeler's giving the Broncos and the Pat's a beatdown. That is an argument for playing Jax this week. Sure, that would give us the Colt's but looking at Peyton's horrbile playoff record and all of the things that team is going through not to mention that they will have had 4 weeks off, than maybe we could punch them in the mouth. I would love Steelers @ Bengals for a trip to the Super Bowl! We'd kill em!

Agreed, the playoff system is set up so that of the two teams that won in the WC round the lowest possible seed would play the highest possible seed in the second round. IF we play JAX, then I could see PIT beating NE and IND. Dont get me wrong, I want to play PIT....... but not in the 1st round. I would love it to be for all the marbles, I would love to play them for the AFC Title.

If it goes that way. The winner of Pitt/NE would go to Denver. I think they suck.

NO, if PIT(#6) wins they go to INDY

If the Pats(#3) win they go to DEN..................... It all depends on who wins. If CIN and PIT win their games the Bengals would go to DEN, and PIT would go to IND. If CIN and NE win, then CIN (#4) would go to IND and NE(#3) would go to DEN.

Well I see the Bengals' are out of everyone's top 5 this week on Monday Night Countdown (no suprise after Saturday).

I still expect/hope NE to beat Miami this weekend, and for the Bengals' to get Jax the 1st playoff game at home - that would be ideal.

I cannot look past that first playoff game with this team, they will be lucky to win one.

If it goes that way. The winner of Pitt/NE would go to Denver. I think they suck.

If the Pats(#3) win they go to DEN..................... It all depends on who wins. If CIN and PIT win their games the Bengals would go to DEN, and PIT would go to IND. If CIN and NE win, then CIN (#4) would go to IND and NE(#3) would go to DEN.

Yeah you got it right NY.

You are also right to be more worried about facing the Steelers in the first round then in the AFCCG. The Steelers would rip the Bengals apart if they keep playing the way they have been in the last 3 games. Everything is clicking for them and experience and defense will dominate the playoffs. If the Bengals and Steelers met in the AFCCG it wouldn't be as lopsided because the Bengals would then have 2 big wins and their confidence and experience would be much higher which would make it a tougher game for the Steelers.

Can't quite remember how the seeds work out, but if it shapes out like this:

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

And if Pats win their wildcard game and we win ours, doesn't that put us at the Colts in the Divisional Playoffs? Something tells me I would rather play at Denver than at Indy right now

I think Steelers will beat New England, and then they would play Indy. It, in my opinion, would be better to have the 4 seed. I would much rather play Jacksonville than Pitt. And if Pitt can beat Indy, which is possible after all Indy is going through, we would host the AFC Championchip game.

This is wishful thinking, but i like it.

Pitt would only play Indy (if the Bengals are the 4 seed) if Indy beat the Bengals in the Divisional Championships. The Bengals would play Jacksonville while the Pats played the Steelers in the first round. Then the Bengals/Jags would play at Indy in the second round while the Pats/Steelers would play at Denver. I would rather have the Bengals play at Denver in the second round, because Indy is a better team than Denver, and the Broncos have shown weakness of late (as have the Bengals). I think the Bengals should play to win next week, just to get some momentum and confidence heading into the playoffs. A win against a good team at one of the toughest venues to play at in the NFL would be huge for this team.

I hate to be blunt, BUT YOU ARE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT

Playoffs realign after each round so highest seed remaining plays lowest. So pitt would play indy.

You are right Buck and you know what is sad? I totally forgot about the new seeding process. That is outstanding news, because it means we would have a more desirable opponent in the 1st round and have a damn good chance of still not having to go to Indy.

This is a no brainer now. I still think the Bengals should play to win, but Carson, Rudi, Deltha & Perry should not see the field.

I don't think 3 things should be overlooked.

Dungy,Manning's poor playoff performances, The Steelers crappy playoff streak, and Shannahan not winning a playoff game since Elway. That's all good for the Bengals.

Brady's 9-0 playoff record. Yikes! He could put that Montana hex on us. I would just love to hear about how much of a Montana fan he was as a kid, and now he's breaking Bengal fan's hearts blah, blah, blah.

You are also right to be more worried about facing the Steelers in the first round then in the AFCCG. The Steelers would rip the Bengals apart if they keep playing the way they have been in the last 3 games. Everything is clicking for them and experience and defense will dominate the playoffs. If the Bengals and Steelers met in the AFCCG it wouldn't be as lopsided because the Bengals would then have 2 big wins and their confidence and experience would be much higher which would make it a tougher game for the Steelers.

I didnt say that I was worried........ I said that I would rather face you with higher stakes. I would rather play you guys on the game before Super Bowl XL

I didnt say that I was worried........ I said that I would rather face you with higher stakes. I would rather play you guys on the game before Super Bowl XL

:lol: That would be fun! :cheers: