Bengal fans.. help me!

fanesse27

Hey everyone, I'm doing a big project on the Bengals, their fans, and why you guys are so crazy about yoru team. I've got a couple of questions listed below that I would love to get some feedback on. Feel free to post your responses here on the board, or you can email answers to me at sportsfanproject@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

1. Age/Sex/Race

2. Hometown/How long have you been a Bengals fan

3. Why and how did you start to like the Bengals?

4. How do you show others that you are a fan?

5. Have you ever skipped an important event for work or family in order to watch the Bengals play on TV? To watch them play in person?

6. Do you think that you are more vocal about your support this year, when the team is doing so well?

7. In past seasons, when the Bengals weren't doing so well, were you always hopeful that they would win on Sunday? Did you try to point out the positive aspects of the team, despite its record?

8. Do you like to watch football when the Bengals aren't playing?

Thanks for your help everybody!

Hey everyone, I'm doing a big project on the Bengals, their fans, and why you guys are so crazy about yoru team. I've got a couple of questions listed below that I would love to get some feedback on. Feel free to post your responses here on the board, or you can email answers to me at sportsfanproject@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

1. Age/Sex/Race

5. Have you ever skipped an important event for work or family in order to watch the Bengals play on TV? To watch them play in person?

6. Do you think that you are more vocal about your support this year, when the team is doing so well?

7. In past seasons, when the Bengals weren't doing so well, were you always hopeful that they would win on Sunday? Did you try to point out the positive aspects of the team, despite its record?

Assuming this is for school, rock on, you know how to make crappy projects enjoyable.

1. 18 year old male, Caucasian

2. Vandalia, Ohio... Been a fan for about 3-4 years

3. I started watching football when the Buckeyes went on their championship run, and in the process started watching the Bengals as well (during a 2-14 season!)

4. I wear Bengals gear and spend hours on end on this website.

5. Yes I have skipped work to watch them on television a few times.

6. Not really no, but sure, I walk around town with more swagger than before.

7. Yes, to an extent. Always could look foward to the danged draft.

8. Yes, I do. I love watching football no matter what team is on the TV, college or professional.

1. Age/Sex/Race

1. 28 / The Dude / Honky

2. Franklin / 25 years (hated Cleveland since 5)

3. Dad liked them. Unfortuanely he also liked Journey a lot too so I know words to songs I wish I didn't.

4. Put signs up.

5. Yes and Yes, but technically they are both forgivable because the schedule is available to everyone plenty of time in advance. If people continue to schedule things during games then they are the ones to blame.

6. Are you kidding me? I've had to take crap for 15 years from Browns and Steelers fans alike! IT'S OUR TURN! If I see a Steelers fan I say WHO-DEY! If I see a Browns fan I say something smells... LIKE WHO DEY! And I don't see ravens fans so to them I would say WHO-DEY if they were to exist outside of Baltimore!

7. Of course.

8. If it involves the Buckeyes or potential draftees.

Word UP

1. 24/m/ultra honkey

2. mentor, ky/24 years

3. Hometown Team and Boomer was the man back in the day.

4. Don't but if you catch me around a TD usually jump up and down and chant Who Dey alot with a beer in my right hand.

5. Rescheduled a date to watch the Bengals game and drove home a 3 am from out of town so I could be at Longworth hall by 8 am to get the best spot to tailgate.

6. Hell Yes ! It's so much f'n more fun

7. It got the point in the Shula, Coslett and Lebeau years I almost didn't care anymore. I watched them every sunday still but just year after year after year it got to the point were we were watching if they were competitive and not winning. That's why Marvin I think is the greatest thing that every happened to the city of Cincy.

8. Huge football fan. Love the college rivalries and love everything about football. I hate the Steelers though ! ! ! ! ! Aaarghh :cheers:

1. Age/Sex/Race

1. 36/M/W

2. Northern KY/As long as I can recall

3. Kenny Anderson and the '81/'82 Bengals were the team that first made me a 'die-hard'.

4. Orange and Black whenever and where ever possible. I remember spending days to paint a replica helmet on my dorm-room door in college. Living in Pittsburgh, I wear my jacket, hat, shirts, whatever I have out among the public in this obnoxious fan-base.

5. Of course.

6. About the same. But I am absolutely more jazzed about the whole thing!

7. Yes, always had a (flicker) of hope they would win. Always tried to find a place to watch the game, if only over the internet.

8. I am definitely a football fan, in general. The Bengals are my team, but I love a good game, college or pro. I typically maintain indifference about the outcome ... other than a strong to desire for the Bengals to win, and the Steelers to lose. Beyond that, it's football and I love the action.

1. Age/Sex/Race 32/FEMALE/CAUCASIAN

2. Hometown/How long have you been a Bengals fan CINCINNATI/SINCE 1978

3. Why and how did you start to like the Bengals? HOW: WATCHING GAMES AT HOME WITH MY DAD SINCE I CAN REMEMBER. FIRST GAME WE WENT TO WAS WHEN I WAS 15..PLAYOFF GAME AGAINST THE OILERS. WHY: HOMETOWN TEAM.........I'M A TOMBOY AT HEART AND CAN APPRECIATE A GOOD NFL GAME OR PLAYMAKER.

4. How do you show others that you are a fan? I HAVE ALWAYS SPORTED MY BENGALS ORANGE. NOW I WEAR MORE LOGO CLOTHING LIKE JERSEY'S, T'S, I TRY TO FIND ANYTHING THAT IS BRIGHT ORANGE WITH BLACK TIGER STRIPES. I'VE EMASSED QUITE THE SELECTION OVER THE YEARS.

5. Have you ever skipped an important event for work or family in order to watch the Bengals play on TV? YES. To watch them play in person? YES.

6. Do you think that you are more vocal about your support this year, when the team is doing so well? YES. THERE IS TOO MUCH ENERGY IN THIS CITY. THE REST OF THE NFL AND USA JUST HAS NO IDEA. IF THEY LIVED HERE THEY WOULD KNOW THIS ISN'T JUST BANDWAGON FAN CENTRAL.

7. In past seasons, when the Bengals weren't doing so well, were you always hopeful that they would win on Sunday? OF COURSE. Did you try to point out the positive aspects of the team, despite its record? YES.

8. Do you like to watch football when the Bengals aren't playing? ALL DAY SUNDAY, SUNDAY NIGHT, MONDAY NIGHT AND IF THERE ARE ANY GAMES ON IN BETWEEN. ALWAYS LIKE TO SEE THE SQUEALERS GET A GOOD BEATING.

1. Age/Sex/Race 36, Male, Caucasian

2. Hometown/How long have you been a Bengals fan 20 years

3. Why and how did you start to like the Bengals? I moved to Cincinnati in 85, and have been a Bengals fan ever since.

4. How do you show others that you are a fan? I wear my gear and constantly talk to people about the team when given an opportunity.

5. Have you ever skipped an important event for work or family in order to watch the Bengals play on TV? To watch them play in person? I missed a get together of friends that had been planned for months to go to the home opener. A man has to have his priorities. I've also called in sick to work on a Sunday to watch a game.

6. Do you think that you are more vocal about your support this year, when the team is doing so well? Actually, no. I'm a little less vocal. There's less to defend when it's so clear I'm right!

7. In past seasons, when the Bengals weren't doing so well, were you always hopeful that they would win on Sunday? Did you try to point out the positive aspects of the team, despite its record? Absolutely. There was always a chance to win. The Kansas City game of a couple years ago is a good point. Lets face it, we shouldn't have won that game on paper. KC was undefeated and we were "average" in our wins/losses at best. BUT, on any given Sunday, our boys could win.

8. Do you like to watch football when the Bengals aren't playing? Sometimes, but I dont' go crazy to make sure I see football.

1. Age/Sex/Race

26...Male...White

Born in Cincy, raised in Columbus...all my life

My dad was a fan, Grandpa had season tix

Wear Bengals gear...fly flag on sundays

5. Have you ever skipped an important event for work or family in order to watch the Bengals play on TV? To watch them play in person?Of course

I have always been proud of being a Bengal fan, kinda a badge of honor to be a fan when your team was playing poorly, I pride myself on being loyal, never once thought of jumping ship or cheering for another team

7. In past seasons, when the Bengals weren't doing so well, were you always hopeful that they would win on Sunday? Did you try to point out the positive aspects of the team, despite its record?Winning isn't everything, but the desire to win is-Woddy Hayes, we always had a decent player ot 2.

8. Do you like to watch football when the Bengals aren't playing?I love football at all levels, friday, saturday and sunday :player:

1. Age/Sex/Race

30/male/caucasian

Cincinnati/20yrs

family

yard flag/jersey on gameday/message boards

fortunately, never worked Sundays

no, just more positive

I always wanted them to win, but I did talk a lot of $h!+ about Mike Brown and coaches

I'm a huge football fan all around. Love the college game.GO BUCKS!

1. Age/Sex/Race

25/M/Caucasian

I'm Originally from the Dayton area... now live in Northern Indiana/Born and raised a Bengals fan

I was born in 80, so don't remember the Ken Anderson days... I first remember being a big Bengals fan in '88. I was 8 years old, and absolutely loved the Ickey Shuffle, and Boomer was the man. I hated Jerry Rice for a very long time because of that superbowl loss. I've been all out Bengals ever since.

I wear a Bengals winter hat all winter, I go to the sports bar when the games aren't on TV completely decked out in Bengals gear... I guess it has worked. There aren't many Bengals fans around here, so when the Bengals started off 4-0 everyone said they thought of me immediately.

I don't usually have important events on Sundays... Sundays are for football. And unfortunately, until recently there hasn't been much of a reason to skip anything to watch the Bengals... but I did watch the Buckeys play at my own wedding reception... and we left Universal Studios on our honeymoon to watch them play Michigan at the hotel. So I'm pretty dedicated to watch my teams play when the games mean something.

Yes and no. Clearly I'm more likely to start the conversation about the Bengals now, since they are actually winning. In the past, others would bring them up to make fun of me... but I've never backed down as a fan. But yes, I probably am more vocal... though I everyone has always known me as a bengals fan.

For a couple years there I was rooting for them to lose every game so that Mike Brown would hire a GM. It eventually worked out, because he hired Marvin Lewis. Let us hope those days never return... and I never have to want them to lose again!

I like football a lot, if the match-up is good. I'm planning on being a high-school football coach at some point, so good football is always good to watch. I watch all the games that are meaningful to the Bengals season... so earlier in the year I always rooted for NFC teams to beat AFC teams, so the Bengals would have the best AFC record. I don't watch a lot non-Bengal/Buckeye games very closely, but I do watch several games, just to see good footbal... especially during the bye week.

1. 18/ male/ caucasian

2. Eastchester, NY. I have been a fan for 13 years.

3. I always had NFL Sunday Ticket growing up so I could get all of the games. I started watching because I loved the Uniforms at the time. hen I became more knowledgeable about the team and I love my bengals ever since

4. I have a Bengals flag that I put up on my flag pole outside my house, and I wear my bengals apparel out in public, even when they were 2-14, and 3-13.

5. Yes, I skipped my cousins middle school graduation, and I have missed countless B-Day's to see them play.

6. Ofcourse, you have no idea how many fights I have gotten into with my Giant fan friends ( they are ignorant).

7. havent missed a game in 10 years. I always kept hope for playoffs 'til they got their 8th loss.

8. I am a football, nut. Your typical armchair QB sitting in the Recliner Chair. So the answer would be yes.

:bengal::cheers: WHO-DEY!!!!!!!!

1. Age/Sex/Race

1. 18/male/caucasian

2. Da nati, Since I started watching football, 10 years ago

3. Born and raised in Cincy, who else would I root for

4. Wasting hundreds of dollars on memorbilia and jerseys

5. In person, skipped an awards ceremony, never to watch on TV

6. About the same as always

7. How could you root against the Bengals?

8. I generally watch one game a weekend, so if the Bengals don't play I'll find somebody else.

1. Age/Sex/Race

1. 20/Male/Indian (like India)

2. Cincinnati/I've been a fan since I was about 5, when I could understand football

3. My dad has been a fan since he moved over from India, and plus I've lived in Cincinnati my whole life.

4. Wear my Bengals gear and preach about 'em to anyone who will listen.

5. Nope, because our whole family revolves around the Bengals.

6. More people listen because the Bengals are backing up what I say, so I guess in some ways, Yes.

7. No. In fact, in 2002, I rooted for them to go 0-16, so major changes would happen. But otherwise, I always root for them to win.

8. I love watching football.

Man, I wish I was still taking classes that would allow me to do a project on the Bengals.

1) 17 years old / male / white

2) Athens, Ohio / Been a fan since i really started paying attention to football, probably 5 years

3) My dad has always been a big fan... I grew up watching the Bengals, I guess it rubbed off on me.

4) Wear Bengals jerseys/hats/shirts, fly a flag outside my house, etc.

5) Yes, I skipped work to watch the Colts game this year...and skipped a

family Christmas party to watch the Lions game.

6) I support them the same amount as I always have, but I'm probably a little more vocal just because its not embarrassing talk about them anymore and theres more things to trash talk about.

7) Yeah, I'm always an optimist

8) Yeah, I watch football whenever I can.

1. Age/Sex/Race 27, Male, Caucasian

2. Hometown/How long have you been a Bengals fan? 20 years or so

3. Why and how did you start to like the Bengals? My father. He made me a diehard from the crib I guess.

4. How do you show others that you are a fan?Lots of smack. I should really stop it, but I love for people to fear the tiger.

5. Have you ever skipped an important event for work or family in order to watch the Bengals play on TV? To watch them play in person?I've called in, but working for the state, I usually get to be in my house watching or at the game.

6. Do you think that you are more vocal about your support this year, when the team is doing so well? Yea, but that's because I work with so many *hittsburgh fans.

7. In past seasons, when the Bengals weren't doing so well, were you always hopeful that they would win on Sunday? Did you try to point out the positive aspects of the team, despite its record? Yes, but it WAS hard. There were times I hung my head and wanted to give up. I've cussed them as much as I've not. In the end it's payed off!

8. Do you like to watch football when the Bengals aren't playing? Yup. Played ball and lived Football since I can remember.

1. Age/Sex/Race

1. 25/m/whitey

2. Springboro/bengals fan since birth5.

3, started to watch Bengals with my family every since I can remember

4. a who dey chant

5. No because I dont schedule anything on Sunday and everyone else knows that I dont miss watching the Bengals

6. No I got just as fired up when we were 2-14

7. always, I would always think our top 5 draft pick would turn things around

8. yes but not nearly as much