The Takeo Screwed Up Thread

Jet23

Does anyone else feel sympathy for Takeo? The Bill are a freaking mess. This is a class guy that was just tired of losing. The only thing I fault him for is not trusting that Marvin could turn it around. I see it more as he didn't trust that Mike Brown would allow him the resources to turn it around. To be honest, I didn't either. Granted, he's been hurt a lot, but imagine our defense with a healthy Takeo.

It make you appreciate guys like Big Willie, Richie and Simmons. Guys that stuck it out, when they could have very easily pulled a punk Dillon, Pickens or Big Daddy to get out of Dodge.

Does anyone else feel sympathy for Takeo? The Bill are a freaking mess. This is a class guy that was just tired of losing. The only thing I fault him for is not trusting that Marvin could turn it around. I see it more as he didn't trust that Mike Brown would allow him the resources to turn it around. To be honest, I didn't either. Granted, he's been hurt a lot, but imagine our defense with a healthy Takeo.

It make you appreciate guys like Big Willie, Richie and Simmons. Guys that stuck it out, when they could have very easily pulled a punk Dillon, Pickens or Big Daddy to get out of Dodge.

I always thought he was overrated myself?

The only Takeo I remember was a great player who put it all out on the field. It's too bad he didn't like Cool-Aid.

However, that being said, Odell will more than make up for his loss.

You're right, if Takeo was still here, we probably wouldn't have drafted Odell. Oh well, it worked out for us.

Did anyone watch "Playbook" on NFL Network last night? Takeo was on and he was breaking down film of Odell Thurman and Brian Simmons. He was very impressed with what they're doing. And Solomon Wilcots, as only Solomon can do came just short of asking him how does it feel now watching them have so much success since you left them! He was really pressing him on his decision to leave.... :bengal:

Consider this...we all talk about the probable decline of brian Simmons, though he has been very active in recent weeks. They were drafted only a handful of selections apart.

I think Takeo would be/is slowing down about now as well. Injuries are freak, random things so seeing him hurt now just makes me think he may have ended up hurt here in Cincy. Fact is, we are better off with odell and our current set of LB's.

All the same, the Bills D is better with him on the field so having him in the cheering section for our match-up with the Jills makes our path to the #2 seed a bit more plausible.

The only sympathy I feel for Spikes is due to the injury he suffered. He was on Playbook yesterday as a guest and admitted that despite the fact that his rehab was right on schedule it's unlikely that he'll ever regain the speed he once had. He also admitted that he left Cincy because he didn't feel Marvin could turn the franchise around quickly, if at all, and because he felt he'd never get the individual attention he craved if he stayed. In other words, he was chasing Pro Bowl recognition, and he got it. Thus, no sympathy.

BTW, I actually had so much respect for Spikes that I named my dog Takeo. And just for the record...."He's a good boy, yes he is."

The only sympathy I feel for Spikes is due to the injury he suffered. He was on Playbook yesterday as a guest and admitted that despite the fact that his rehab was right on schedule it's unlikely that he'll ever regain the speed he once had. He also admitted that he left Cincy because he didn't feel Marvin could turn the franchise around quickly, if at all, and because he felt he'd never get the individual attention he craved if he stayed. In other words, he was chasing Pro Bowl recognition, and he got it. Thus, no sympathy.

BTW, I actually had so much respect for Spikes that I named my dog Takeo. And just for the record...."He's a good boy, yes he is."

I wish I would have caught that. I always thought Takeo was more of a team guy. Marvin has said that his one regret is not being able to convince him to stay.

I'm going to rename my cat Peyton. BECAUSE I HATE THAT FREAKING CAT!

No sympathy- I recall Spikes mouthing off to Dan Patrick a couple of years ago about how great going to the Bills would be since he could then watch NFL Primetime and not be 'embarrssed'. How you and your Bills feeling now TKOed?

Could not agree more. He made that bed. I am enjoying the irony at this point.

I always thought he was overrated myself?

Spikes is a little odd statistically. He has obvious elite talent as a linebacker, and everyone sees it. Still, this isn't usually reflected in his statistics. His highest tackle total in any season to date has been 128 in 2000. This is a very good number, but wouldn't be among the top five or ten during most seasons, and that is his career high. Oddly enough, the best year of his career was arguably last year when he had five interceptions (two for touchdowns) and 17 passes defensed with only 99 total tackles. Odell is doing that this year.

*Note - All statistics mentioned in this post were aquired from ESPN's website, and therefore may be completely incorrect. If this is the case, then I ask all of you with insults and correct statistics at the ready please direct your crapola to the ESPN network and not myself. Thank you.

I wonder if any of our guys made his list yet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2257809

excerpt from link: ".... endless amount of time watching film, not only helping his Bills coaches prepare for that week's opponent but also making a mental to-do list for September 2006. On this day, New England tight end Daniel Graham makes the list after shoving a Buffalo linebacker after the whistle. "He should know better," Spikes says. "That doesn't happen when I'm on the field. No. 82 -- he's got it coming. He's one of many. There's going to be some housecleaning in the league when I get back. "It doesn't matter when or how they're going to get it, but they're going to get it."

:pokey:

Man, id love to hear his comments at this stage. At least Big Fatty apologized.... His sorry ass had no confidence in Marvin a few years ago and what has it landed him? Well, he part of a franchise headed south, and fast. Im happy we have Odell and an improved defense while poor TKO probably wont even be on the sidelines this weekend. It would be embarrassing for him to be.......

:bengal:

Lets relive some of TKOs comments shall we?

"My mind was pretty much made up. I felt like my time was over. I did my time and, like I told (Lewis), he had some personal goals that he wanted to accomplish in life and I had some at the same time. And I felt that me being there with him and him being there with me, I think we would kind of be cutting short each other of our personal goals."

I guess his personal goal was to end up on another bad team while his former team vaults to the playoffs........

"They (the Bengals) feel like things are starting to change and it's just a matter of getting everybody on the same page and being consistent in learning how to win," said Spikes about his former teammates. "(But) I'm very happy. I feel like this is something that I've always wanted. I think most of all, I have a chance to go out and not only compete for a championship but also go out and grab some of the personal goals I set for myself."

Really Takeo?

Man, id love to hear his comments at this stage.

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=8923

He was on Playbook yesterday as a guest and admitted that despite the fact that his rehab was right on schedule it's unlikely that he'll ever regain the speed he once had. He also admitted that he left Cincy because he didn't feel Marvin could turn the franchise around quickly, if at all, and because he felt he'd never get the individual attention he craved if he stayed. In other words, he was chasing Pro Bowl recognition, and he got it.