Kelley Washington

BENGALTHEM

Did anyone else notice that Kdub had a couple good blocks for Rudi yesterday, and could probably be groomed as a tight end with his size?

Washington 6'3" 216 according to Bengals.com but he looked bigger.

TNBT.... you might have something going, He would be a fool not to think about that, he would be better than all of our TE's. If he could be a #1 TE on our team and plus we're winning now.

Did anyone else notice that Kdub had a couple good blocks for Rudi yesterday, and could probably be groomed as a tight end with his size?

Washington 6'3" 216 according to Bengals.com but he looked bigger.

I had the same thought earlier in the year when he wasn't playing. They guy has some ability and runs well after the catch. Maybe if they could put 20 lbs. on him and have him be the third down TE or something.

Bengals will tender an offer to Kelly.... If they lose him they'll get something for him .

I think TJ plays this weekk.. he wants that 1000 yards badly.

Once again Walter makes a nice catch and gets some yards after.

Tab Perry may make the ProBowl as a special teamer !

I hope Henry is back next week and shows out... He's got a world of talent..

The Bengals need to tender him the restricted free agent minimum in the offseason if for no other reason than to get a 3rd round comp pick for him. But K-Dub has the chance now to show he deserves to be a regular WR on this team. I don't see Dopey Henry coming back next week and maybe Housh gets a game off to heal.

I've always been in favor of offering K-Dub the highest possbile tender, and not just to get compensation if he leaves. I want to keep him on the roster as long as possible...be it for one more year at a very modest price or even longer. Besides, the Henry arrest adds a bit of uncertainty to next seasons WR depth.

And just for the record, I loved seeing the squirrel dance again because it means touchdowns.

And this one is for Whur Chad. You've got to be a blind hater to claim that the interception was Washington's fault....never mind how silly it is for a fan of Chad Johnson to ding another player for stupid celebrations.

Sure looked as if Washington jumped high enough to catch the ball but just did not get his hand on it.

I was at the game though and they did not show a replay of it on the big board.

I hope that Henry sees that this team can play just as well without him and gets his act together soon.

I still dont understand why our VIP's are playing in mop-up time of a blow-out game.

The Bengals can not afford to lose RUDI, Carson or 85 in a game that is already well in hand.

The K-Wash as TE project has been discussed here before. I remember being one who thought it was a great idea. The only probelm is that if one of the bug three WR gets hurt, gets pinched for weed, etc. then we have Walter and Tab in the depth chart. Not terrible but not yet able to make a play like Kelley did on his TD grab. I've gotta say that was a hell of a snag and duck while scoring that i have seen in a while.

The idea of putting him at TE alos exposes him to needing to block on the running plays. not saying he can't do it just that there is more to the project han bulking him up.

All of this would be moot if he could just play some special teams. How hard is that for a professional football player to learn.

We have plenty of WR depth in other areas if the coaches really believed he could hack it as a TE. Walter my not have the talent that Washington does... but he is certainly serviceable as a #4... and a #3 in an injury pinch. He made some damn decent plays in week 1 against the Browns, and Perry could mature into a good WR too.

That gives us 5 WR's that are adequate. My question for Washington is if he can really run block a lineman or LB like Brat requires his TE's to. We already have a receiving TE that can't block... no need for another.