Powell-Askew-Perry-Olahete Injury Megathread

combatbengal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a sprain would be very very good news. They missed him today catching passes out of the backfield against the kind of drop everyone back D the Browns were playing. He has three to four weeks to get it right before the playoffs. Let's hope it's just that.

From someone who has had both:

Breaks are very painful at first, but the pain wears off after a while, and it becomes a dull, impact pain when it hits the ground. That being said, it is a horrible pain when the bones touch each other, and it's almost unbearable. It would be almost impossible for him to play with a break. Sprains wear off after about 3 or 4 weeks, and they are... different. The pain of sprains differ swith the position of your foot. When the bottom of your foot hits the ground, it really hurts, and it almost feels like there is just a lot of lactic acid moving around. It's an intense, workout burn. It is possible for him to find a position where he can hold his foot and not feel pain, but he wouldn't be able to play like that. There would be a lack of burst out of his foot for a month or so, which I'm experiencing right now. (This is my third). I hope this helps to evaluate things.

There was a DUMAS cleveland fan behind me in 306 actually cheering that Perry was hurt and this and that. It took a young, attractive member of the womenly persuasion to put him in his place. it was actually quite funny i thought, especially considering the guy sitting beside her was an undercover steeler fan saying he had no interest in a fight since she wasnt his date and he liked neither team. I would have said hello if her dander hadnt been up so much from the confrontation.

I would have to say that i agree with NJ that this would be the type of thing that lingers and goes good-bad and the like. I sprained my ankle with 4 or 5 miles left on a back packing trip and while i marched out, it was pure hell for the next couple months with just annoying pain doing everyday activities. I couldnt imagine playing on a severly spraigned ankle however till it healed up considerably.

Mike Green

Waynesville Ohio

Rumor mill today has it being a high ankle sprain, which would probably put Perry on the sidelines for the remainder of the regular season. IIRC Deltha was out with a similar injury for 3-4 weeks at the start of 2004.

On the bright side, it will likely mean we see more of Jeremi Johnson, who doesn't have Perry's quickness but is surprisingly nimble for his size, has good hands, and has the heft to power through defenders (he is a FB, after all).

Rumor mill today has it being a high ankle sprain, which would proobablly put Perry on the sidelines for the remainder of the regular season. IRC Deltha was out with a similar injury for 3-4 weeks at the start of 2004.

On the bright side, it will likely mean we see more of Jeremi Johnson, who doesn't have Perry quickness but is surprisingly nimble for his size, has good hands, and has the heft to power through defenders (he is a FB, after all).

I forgot about possibly using JJ on 3rd downs. I guess that makes Nick Luchey the backup rb. Man do we miss Kenny Watson. Any ideas on who we can pick up. Noboby say Clarette!

Damn a high ankle sprain would really suck, that would probly keep him out until the playoffs at best. Seems our injuries this year like to concentrate on certain positions (RB and S). Kenny Watson would be very helpful right now. I really dont think Wilson would be much of a help here. He looked good in preseason but hes not a 3rd down back.

In more bad news...

Strong safety Ifeanyi Ohalete left the game early in the second quarter with bruised ribs. Anthony Mitchell played almost three quarters and had three tackles.

"I'll be all right. I'll be back next week," Ohalete said.

I forgot about possibly using JJ on 3rd downs. I guess that makes Nick Luchey the backup rb. Man do we miss Kenny Watson. Any ideas on who we can pick up. Noboby say Clarette!

I think Quincy Wilson is still on the practice squad. His running style is similar to Rudi's. My guess is they will put him on the roster until Perry is healed.

cbs.sportsline is claiming that Lewis is considering putting Perry on IR. What!?!?!?!?!? Is there ANY truth to that? Do you guys who are hanging out around Cincinnati know if there is a possibility of this? Ugh ... man, I really hope not! I was truly thinking this might be a 'sit and rest' for 3-4 weeks type of thing.

ML most clearly did NOT say anything like that is his press conference, just that he is not available for this next week.

If I had to guess from ML's non-answers, Perry is done for the regular season, but I would not count him out for the playoffs.

ML most clearly did NOT say anything like that is his press conference, just that he is not available for this next week.

If I had to guess from ML's non-answers, Perry is done for the regular season, but I would not count him out for the playoffs.

Well, it appears that they have now changed the wording slightly, although they are putting this under the title "Chris Perry to miss season?":

Chris Perry, RB CIN

News: The Cincinnati Enquirer reports Bengals RB Chris Perry (ankle) will not play at Detroit in Week 15. Head coach Marvin Lewis didn't say much about Perry's injury, nor did he confirm that he would put the third-down back on injured reserve. Some Bengals players felt that Perry would be back in time for the playoffs.

hmmm....remember how sweet the shovel pass to Tab Perry was???/

Why not bring Tab in on 3rd dowsn and let him screen and be the outlet target? For short yardage JJ has to be a better option than Rudi. 1 for 8 on 4th downs.....nuff said.

hmmm....remember how sweet the shovel pass to Tab Perry was???/

Why not bring Tab in on 3rd dowsn and let him screen and be the outlet target? For short yardage JJ has to be a better option than Rudi. 1 for 8 on 3rd downs.....nuff said.

Maybe Tab Perry can play DT also? I mean, hes already a wide receiver, kick returner, punt returner, safety, and now a RB. What a versitile player we got.