I'd Say The Bengals are "a factor" in the AFCN

WhoDey42

I was looking through my bookmarks and found this topic that I bookmarked back on July 25. Vic Carucci from NFL.com claimed that the Bengals won't be a factor in the division. And the Steelers would win the division. He also gives a lot of love to the Browns! It's good to prove some people wrong.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=6210

No disrespect or anything.. but the Bengals were pretty bad for a long time, I knew they would do good, but I didn't expect them to play as well as they did. I really don't blame the guy for what he said, take away the turnovers and the Bengals defense isn't all that great.

take away the loses and the Browns would be pretty good.

Take away the fact that you just said "loses" instead of "losses", and you might be intelligent in a way.

take away the turnovers and the Bengals defense isn't all that great.

Umm, that sounds pretty stupid. Thats like saying "take away the touchdowns, and the offense isn't that great." Last time I checked turnovers are a part of the game, and the Bengals are +24.

take away the turnovers and the Bengals defense isn't all that great.

Umm, that sounds pretty stupid. Thats like saying "take away the touchdowns, and the offense isn't that great." Last time I checked turnovers are a part of the game, and the Bengals are +24.

Good point.. now look at your front seven. Granted they are better than the Browns front seven, but who isn't honestly?

No disrespect or anything.. but the Bengals were pretty bad for a long time, I knew they would do good, but I didn't expect them to play as well as they did. I really don't blame the guy for what he said, take away the turnovers and the Bengals defense isn't all that great.
Well if you knew that they would be good why couldn't good old Vic know it to ?

The Bengals defense is not all that "great" with the turnovers, but it is not all that "bad" either and WHY would you take away the turnovers ?

That is what they do ...

You do not get as many turnovers as the Bengals do just by accident.

If it was sacks instead of turnovers would you say "take away the sacks and the defense isn't all that great" ?

By the way where have you been Who ?

Who?, I have a hard time respecting your opinions after I read this from that thread . . .

"The Bengals aren't the best team in the division, I'd have to say that the Ravens are."

Well if you knew that they would be good why couldn't good old Vic know it to ?

The Bengals defense is not all that "great" with the turnovers, but it is not all that "bad" either and WHY would you take away the turnovers ?

That is what they do ...

You do not get as many turnovers as the Bengals do just by accident.

If it was sacks instead of turnovers would you say "take away the sacks and the defense isn't all that great" ?

By the way where have you been Who ?

I've been at school... you know how that goes. I've been on a little bit more lately though.

Who?, I have a hard time respecting your opinions after I read this from that thread . . .

"The Bengals aren't the best team in the division, I'd have to say that the Ravens are."

I hate the Ravens a lot.. but at the time with all of the Ravens offseason pickups it looked as if they were ready to take the division again, and also at the time a lot of people were saying this, not just me.

The Bengals need to become much stronger on defense to be a factor in the division, and it remains to be seen whether they've achieved as much.

Well he under-estimated the offense big time, for whatever stupid reason, but the defensive problems still exist. Thank God for bad offenses, QB's and a good CB and young MLB who can jump and run like a deer.

I hate when people say, yea well they were bad for a long time so its ok to predict they wouldnt be good. f**k yea, the Bengals were horrible, but this dude is gettin paid to analyze the NFL and make sound predictions. If anyone watched any second half bengal game last year you could see how things were going to develop for the better. The nfl is full of parity..who gives a s**t if we were horrible, that really had no bearing on our subsequent season if you look at their progress from last year.