Your Job, Love it or Hate it?

BengalszoneBilly

Describe your present job.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Describe your present job.

• I love my job.
    • I like my job.
    • I hate my job.

with a 20 or higher on the ACT i get accepted uncoditionally to a college and i get in state tuitionm for an out of state school :P

math sux at least for me id rather expand my knowledge in political science and junk like that

Don't feel like you have to go to college because it's not necessary to make a good living. The world needs good plumbers, electricians, carpenters..... (Have you ever had to pay any of these guys?)

However, I do think a college education is worthwhile and will provide benefits down the road. It is not job training, but rather life training.

Best of luck on the act.

:):):)

Believe me i know this. My dad is a plummer and makes a good money. 20+ an hour. at least thats good to me. I thnk garbage man would also be a good career that im looking into. I hear they make about 20 an hur. they unbeleivable job security. regular hours. holidays off. what s so bad about this as ong as it doesnt repel women?

with a 20 or higher on the ACT i get accepted uncoditionally to a college and i get in state tuitionm for an out of state school :P

math sux at least for me id rather expand my knowledge in political science and junk like that

Don't feel like you have to go to college because it's not necessary to make a good living. The world needs good plumbers, electricians, carpenters..... (Have you ever had to pay any of these guys?)

However, I do think a college education is worthwhile and will provide benefits down the road. It is not job training, but rather life training.

Best of luck on the act.

:):):)

Whatever you decide to do, college will make you better at it. It will provide you with options that haven't even occurred to you yet.

Point about carpentry. plumbing, electrical etc. are all well taken, but even at that there are contractors and general contractors ( college educated ) who hire these guys. Maint. crews in factories make darn good money, and all of them are going to classes for their journeymen papers etc.

Just plain don't want to go to shcool ???? Fair enough. Join the Marines .... sign up for a 4 year hitch. You'll burn off all that excess energy and after 4 years in the Marines college will look good and by comparison be easy.

Tell 'im billy B)

Can't really tell about my own job. Driving truck isn't like you're really working or anything.

My godson and I were riding one day and we saw a crew putting in a waterline. They were literally digging a ditch mostly by hand the old fasioned way. I said look at those guys. That's why you want to go to school so you can work using your head instead of your back. Or I said you could drive a truck like me and you won't have to use either one.

My job is ................ interesting, because you get to see a lot of places and a lot of types of characters. I don't really love it or hate it. I do it because I can and I make pretty good money at it. I didn't work for 5 months last year due to an injury, and still made in the high 40's. And yeah I went to college.

I didn't work for 5 months last year due to an injury,

We weren't talking a lot about personal matters last year ( before this thread came up ), but I was on the site so often because I had just had surgery to remove a disc from the vertabrae in my neck. ( K Wash Surgery ) There were weeks at a time when I didn't make it past the front porch to get the mail or the newspaper, and some days I didn't even feel up to doing that. So you guys were the majority of my company and accounted for like 90% of my conversations before and during my recovery period.

I didn't work for 5 months last year due to an injury,

We weren't talking a lot about personal matters last year ( before this thread came up ), but I was on the site so often because I had just had surgery to remove a disc from the vertabrae in my neck. ( K Wash Surgery ) There were weeks at a time when I didn't make it past the front porch to get the mail or the newspaper, and some days I didn't even feel up to doing that. So you guys were the majority of my company and accounted for like 90% of my conversations before and during my recovery period.

Nothing better than take your mind off things than a little sports talk, eh? :D

Nothing better than take your mind off things than a little sports talk, eh? :D

Believe me. You have no idea.

I can see how it is that people spend so much time on these things. It was fascinating to me that even tho I couldn't go anywhere or do anything, I could talk sports with guys in my home town, Arizona, Scotland, New Zealand ............. and yes it did take my mind off things and made the whole situation a lot more bearable.