Home field/tiebreaker with Denver

pedroza29

denver holds the tiebreaker via their better conference record. we need another denver loss.

If Plummer keeps chucking INT's at this ever quickening pace, it could very well happen. Before Thanksgiving, he had thrown none in what was a record amount of time for him. Since Turkey Day that has changed most dramatically in comparison. I know Jake. I watched him play through college at A.S.U., then with the Arizona Cardinals, and now with Denver, and no matter if it's good or bad, no body is more streaky than he is!

With the Denver loss, they are both 9-3. As mentioned, the Broncos currently hold the tie-breaker due to conference record.

Schedules:

Denver --> Baltimore, at Buffalo, Oakland, at San Diego.

Bengals --> Cleveland, at Detroit, Buffalo, at Kansas City.

Well, I guess we are now rooting for the Ravens next week. Ugh.

If we both win the next 3, could you imagine the last week? We win at KC, and the Chargers beat the Broncoss. Very cool. We take the week off and a team like the Steelers (if they are lucky) or KC, goes to Denver.

That would be nice. I still don't want to play the Steelers again. I hope they are out of it by then. Hoping the Bears come through next week!

Who holds the tiebreaker between the Steelers and KC? How about KC, SD, and Pitts? Those are the 3 fighting for the last WC spot.

All 5 of Pitts losses are in conference. KC - 3, SD -2.

Looks like the Steelers are up the creek right now if conference record is the tiebreaker. They are 1 down on KC, maybe 1 down on SD. They lose the conference record to both, but the Steelers beat SD. What happens if they all have the same record?

Who holds the tiebreaker between the Steelers and KC? How about KC, SD, and Pitts? Those are the 3 fighting for the last WC spot.

All 5 of Pitts losses are in conference. KC - 3, SD -2.

Well, it gets a bit confusing, but basically, if it's only between two teams (from different divisions), i.e. Steelers and SD), then it is first head-to-head, then conference record. KC will probably win that with Pittsburgh, but SD will lose to Pittsburgh due to the head-to-head loss.

If it's 3 or more teams, and 2 of them, i.e. KC and SD, are from the same division, then you first have to eliminate one of the teams from the same division. To do that, it is head-to-head, then division record. Currently, SD holds that with KC, and therefor it would still come down to the tie-breaker between SD and Pittsburgh.

So ... Pittsburgh still holds the upper hand (slightly) if the records end up the same, but they need to continue to win. Hoping the Bears lay it to Benji!

As you stated Pitt will make it in over SD because of the head to head. In that case it comes down to KC-SD game, if SD wins they will hold the tie break over the Chiefs, I think at that moment it becomes a question of Conference records, similar opponents and then maybe point differential.

First things first; Bengals need to take care of business against Cleveland next week and nail down the division tiebreaker. Odds look good. Browns have apparently begun the Frye era and Braylon Edwards went down with a nasty-looking knee injury, may be done for the year.

First things first; Bengals need to take care of business against Cleveland next week and nail down the division tiebreaker. Odds look good. Browns have apparently begun the Frye era and Braylon Edwards went down with a nasty-looking knee injury, may be done for the year.

Yep, your are correct about first things first. Also, all Bengals fans should be watching and hoping for the Steelers to lose at least 1 more game. With 6 losses, I suspect it will be nearly impossible to get in. Hard to imagine 10-6 getting in the playoffs in the AFC this year.

Remaining games for Steelers: Bears, at Vikings, at Browns, Lions

Just one loss in that group will remove a potential big problem for the Bengals. I know they beat them today, but I'd rather not see a divisional opponent in the playoffs. The Bengals are the better team, but divisional opponents are hard no matter what. I'd much rather play most other teams.

Just wondering who holds the tiebreaker between Cincinnati and Denver for the #2 seed? I'd imagine strength of schedule would be the deciding factor. But looking at Denver's remaining schedule, I can only see one more loss (at San Diego) which would put them at 12-4. Hopefully the Bengals can win out and get the #2 spot outright and not even worry about a tiebreaker, but that KC game will be a tough one if they're battling for a wild card.

Just wondering who holds the tiebreaker between Cincinnati and Denver for the #2 seed? I'd imagine strength of schedule would be the deciding factor. But looking at Denver's remaining schedule, I can only see one more loss (at San Diego) which would put them at 12-4. Hopefully the Bengals can win out and get the #2 spot outright and not even worry about a tiebreaker, but that KC game will be a tough one if they're battling for a wild card.

I see us with the number 2 seed. The Bronc's still have Jake the Fake last time I checked. Did you watch him today? Same Jake....

The Broncos currently own the tie-breaker due to their conference record. They are 6-2 against the AFC, and the Bengals are 6-3. If they lose to San Diego, then they'd have the third loss too, but we'd have to beat the Chiefs for that to matter. After conference record, I believe it would be either strength of schedule or common opponents.

If we are to get the bye, we need to win out and finish 13-3. The Broncos could lose one, probably to the Chargers, finish 12-4, and the tie-breakers won't matter.

I believe Denver will lose @SD. It was this KC game I wasn't sure about. Since when does everything fall in favor of the Bengals? This is really strange. If we win out, I think we'll get that bye. (it's time to root against KC so they have nothing to play for at the end of the season)

Regardless though guys... PBS is going to have a playoff game!!!

Wait we still get a bye with the third seed! The pats would have to play!

What are you talking about? Only 2 teams get a bye.

The good news is that Denver plays at San Diego the day before the Bengals play at KC. If Denver loses that game the Bengals can control their own destiny. The Bengals do not want to have to take on the Chargers in the first round.

The Steelers look done. They may lose their next two games against the Bears and Vikings.