Advertising

Kirkendall

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, where are all these people coming from???

I'm assuming we have some kind of stat software on this server.....

Yeah Kev. It's right on the "Forums" main page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look at "board statistics." Click on all the stuff there and get familiar to how it works. It's pretty cool! :)

What you need to know is the IP. Then you need to do a reverse lookup or a whois on that ip. That will tell you who it is. Usually only the moderators and/or admin can see this info, and for good reason.

However, unfortunately, I bet your spike was a webcrawler. This is like a Google Bot or service running from google that will connect to every page on the site it can connect to. This is good because seaching things on Google in this instance could produce results even as detailed as this actual post itself. It doesnt sign in so it shows up as a guest. And everytime it hits the server it comes from a different IP address from its block of IPs and therefore appears to be a huge amount of guests.

But hey, you never know... I could be wrong :)

Either way, its good stuff for the site.

Just to let everyone know where our vistors came from during the 'spike' today.

http://www.sports-central.org - Bengalszone.com is site of the week there this week. :)

Also got a ton of hits today from these two Buffalo Bills sites discussing the Troy Vincent situation.

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/forums/index....showtopic=27164

http://www.buffalorange.com/showthread.php...&threadid=46869

The site is spidered a lot thoughout the day everyday, but most of the guests today were from the sites above.

We also had 5 new forum registrations today.

Quite more than an addiction I must say... It's 2:00 am. and I'm back on ......This is by far the best Bengal website.

In the future, we should develop our own interactive draft.

Video highlights (if possible ) would greatly improve the sight as well..

--people could download or upload highlights from games ( not that any of us record Bengal games :ph34r:

--people could download or upload highlights from games ( not that any of us record Bengal games :ph34r:

Very very illegal........Plus a huge bandwidth hog for the site...bandwidth=money.....

Of course I would love something like that...But I know you can view a condensed version of the game at bengals.com

Of course, anyone that wants to record games and send them my way I wouldn't object :D

• 2 weeks later...

What's two faced bengaldave doing showing his raider loving tender butt around hear making fake posts? :huh:

The drool you oozed for your raider-wannabe-buddies was disgusting.

Daveyboy I think I speak for the forum when I say "TURNCOATS AREN'T WELCOME!!!" :P:lol::D

I had thought about checking out your websight, but I vow to never enter your site again. B):rolleyes::PB):P

What's two faced bengaldave doing showing his raider loving tender butt around hear making fake posts? :huh:

Daveyboy I think I speak for the forum when I say "TURNCOATS AREN'T WELCOME!!!" :P:lol::D

I had thought about checking out your websight, but I vow to never enter your site again. B):rolleyes::PB):P

Im not a turncoat i am a football fan and i love to talk football with other fans.

You must like the raiders forum also or else you wouldnt have known about me being there.

Nothing wrong with talking football with other fans.

<_<

Daveyboy I think I speak for the forum when I say "TURNCOATS AREN'T WELCOME!!!" :P  :lol:  :D

I had thought about checking out your websight, but I vow to never enter your site again.  B)  :rolleyes:  :P  B)  :P

Im not a turncoat i am a football fan and i love to talk football with other fans.

You must like the raiders forum also or else you wouldnt have known about me being there.

<_<

Dave, it's good to have you aboard. I hope to hear from you more in the future... :lol:

Daveyboy I think I speak for the forum when I say "TURNCOATS AREN'T WELCOME!!!" :P  :lol:  :D

I had thought about checking out your websight, but I vow to never enter your site again.  B)  :rolleyes:  :P  B)  :P

<_<

Dave, it's good to have you aboard. I hope to hear from you more in the future... :lol:

Thanks Kirk you are always welcome at our foeum too man. :)

<_<

Actually, I thought the raider sight had better avatars, but the threads I explored weren't very interesting.

And you did diss the zone amidst your sucking up. <_<

BengalDave,

I read your post there too. To say you disrespected (sorry mat, ebonics isn't in my vanacular.) this website and the members posting here is an accurate statement. I'm not saying you're not welcome here, but you sure as hell owe the people here an apology. I understand you may have been promoting your website. Completely understandable. But don't do it at the expense of the Bengal fans here. I mean, we ARE on the same side, right? B)

I'd hope to put all this behind us and move on. How 'bout you?

BengalDave,

I read your post there too. To say you disrespected (sorry mat, ebonics isn't in my vanacular.) this website and the members posting here is an accurate statement. I'm not saying you're not welcome here, but you sure as hell owe the people here an apology. I understand you may have been promoting your website. Completely understandable. But don't do it at the expense of the Bengal fans here. I mean, we ARE on the same side, right? B)

I'd hope to put all this behind us and move on. How 'bout you?

We are on the same side and it is behind us.

im sorry

who dey