Dillon or Rudi..?

chrishcovga

Thanks richmond for the inspiring words.... but let's cut all the crap..... Somebody find out who the deal is with..?? and what do we get in return..?? Because that's gonna be the next thing we all speculate about.. :lol::D:lol:

Detroit..? Tampa ..? Denver..? .......etc.. etc.. etc... There's like a million football websites... somebody has to have at least a good rumor... :rolleyes:

Unless league sources, Steven Feldman (Dillons agent), or Bengals management say something; I think we'll be in the dark until Wednesday.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks richmond for the inspiring words.... but let's cut all the crap..... Somebody find out who the deal is with..?? and what do we get in return..??  Because that's gonna be the next thing we all speculate about.. :lol:  :D  :lol:

Detroit..? Tampa ..?  Denver..? .......etc.. etc.. etc... There's like a million football websites... somebody has to have at least a good rumor... :rolleyes:

Unless league sources, Steven Feldman (Dillons agent), or Bengals management say something; I think we'll be in the dark until Wednesday.

There's cause for speculation on a couple of teams, but I think you're right about being in the dark. I think he's all but gone, but they just aren't getting up off the information till after the deal is officially done.

One could be Denver due to the Portis for Bailey deal. I doubt Tampa, but Detroit ? or even Dallas ????? who knows ????

As to Rudi, one of the columns I read made a very good point. He's a good back who had 1 good season. It makes sense for the Bengals to tender him the offer to see whether or not he's the real thing. That same question might also dissuade other teams from coming forward with a killer long term offer. One way or another, I think we'll see Rudi in stripes next year ..... and the only way we'll see Dillon in stripes is if he goes to jail.

Dillon should be traded, no question. That said though, if Lewis does bring him back I don't see him losing his players respect for it. The concept of 1 person not being bigger than the team can be interpreted to mean that just because you whine and b**** to the media about not wanting to be there...if its not good for the team than you stay put. The only way that this is not good for the team is if they get nothing in return for him.

The other NFL teams that might be interested in Dillon have the upper hand in this deal. They can claim any number of reasons that Dillon might not be worth a 1st rd pick or an early 2nd rounder...and they might not be far off. The Bengals have to do one hell of a sales job to get what he's truly worth in return, otherwise keep him.

Is Rudi the answer? Maybe: The guy has a great attitude, does his job, is a punishing runner, and set a mark by having 3 150yd games this season. He has a good offensinve line in front of him(no more M&M line) who I'm sure will be improved through draft or FA so that age is not a factor in the future. Maybe not: Rudi did not have to carry the ball as many times as a featured back normally would have. He hasn't had the chance to show that he can be durable and consistent. Does his running style mean more wear on him as well? He is certainly not the cut-back type of runner that Dillon can be. I say tender him a 1 year deal and make him the featured back regardless of whether Dillon is still here and let him put our questions to rest.

I certainly don't think that keeping Dillon and seeing if he'll return to Pro Bowl form will help his trade value any. He will only be another year older...another season of wear on him...and if he can keep his mouth shut(unlikely) then he might still only garner a 3rd round pick.

This is a great discussion...and Redsfan...did you happen to pick up one of those Andy Griffith shot glasses? I know you and your thing for shot glasses.

Dillon should be traded, no question. That said though, if Lewis does bring him back I don't see him losing his players respect for it. The concept of 1 person not being bigger than the team can be interpreted to mean that just because you whine and b**** to the media about not wanting to be there...if its not good for the team than you stay put. The only way that this is not good for the team is if they get nothing in return for him.

The other NFL teams that might be interested in Dillon have the upper hand in this deal. They can claim any number of reasons that Dillon might not be worth a 1st rd pick or an early 2nd rounder...and they might not be far off. The Bengals have to do one hell of a sales job to get what he's truly worth in return, otherwise keep him.

Is Rudi the answer? Maybe: The guy has a great attitude, does his job, is a punishing runner, and set a mark by having 3 150yd  games this season. He has a good offensinve line in front of him(no more M&M line) who I'm sure will be improved through draft or FA so that age is not a factor in the future. Maybe not: Rudi did not have to carry the ball as many times as a featured back normally would have. He hasn't had the chance to show that he can be durable and consistent. Does his running style mean more wear on him as well? He is certainly not the cut-back type of runner that Dillon can be. I say tender him a 1 year deal and make him the featured back regardless of whether Dillon is still here and let him put our questions to rest.

I certainly don't think that keeping Dillon and seeing if he'll return to Pro Bowl form will help his trade value any. He will only be another year older...another season of wear on him...and if he can keep his mouth shut(unlikely) then he might still only garner a 3rd round pick.

This is a great discussion...and Redsfan...did you happen to pick up one of those Andy Griffith shot glasses? I know you and your thing for shot glasses.

Your interpretation of no one player being bigger than the team doesn't take into account another of Lewis' philosophies. " I only want players who want to be here." Dillon clearly doesn't want to be here, so saying that he is keeping him because it is better for the team would be contradictory and damage the credibility that Lewis has built up with the team. Not destroy it .... but damage it none the less.

Other teams were given the upper hand in any dealing for Dillon when it was speculated that Cincy would cut him. Fortunately, there are other owners and gm's out there who are ........ almost as inept as MB when it comes to making deals. Comments by Dillons agent do seem to indicate that a deal for him is imminent.

As for Rudi being the answer ..... at this point, I think he has less to prove than a guy who had exactly 1 one hundred yard game for the season. Even agreeing with your comments would mean that Rudi should be the choice because he will show whether this year was indicative of what he can do / or not and would only provide Dillon a platform for acting the fool again every time his fragile ego was bumped or bruised and in the end be another year older. It's a matter of cut your losses before they get worse. On the other hand, I was the one who was convinced that Kenny Anderson had been beaten into submission and was done for ......... the year before they went to the superbowl.

Your comments and points of view are very interesting though and show that you have an excellent background in the finer points of the game. As to the shot glasses, I've had one in my hand the last 3 times through there but just couldn't work up the nerve to bring another one home with me.

Afraid of you know who ........ ya know ??? B)