Dillon or Rudi..?

chrishcovga

Jditty47 you are just the dumbass I've been waiting on. I'm sure your job at White Castle really sucks. I bet you do bitch everyday about your job. Have you ever thought of going out and doing something about it? Instead of drinking bong water with your "bro's" why don't you try to better your situation.

I do live in the real world and I make more than $7.00 dollars an hour. I hate to judge(not really) but by your comments I can read you like a book.

First of all your reply about the Cleveland game. Dillon did not try to get out of bounds and he caused the issue before the half. I'm sure you can't remember that(bong water). I threw the SEC comment out there because some people act like he is some unknown,unproven player that was in the right place at the right time.

You defend Dillon because you lack smarts. By the way, I'm not nice!

If you guys are going to bitch back and forth, then go to the General Discussion so most of us can discuss and debate instead of insult and avoid the childish insults. It does nothing for the argument and gets very stupid.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let Dillon GO!!!!!!!!! Why????? :

What if.....we let Rudi go, and the mid round running back that we'll draft doesn't do squat, and then Dillon gets hurt again (which he will..or maybe he'll forget where he left his shoulder pads last year,etc,etc) Then what?? I'll tell you what....Carson Palmer gets knocked around like Patrick Ramsey did with the Redskins last year. They had a decent O-line but no running game. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

From Bengals.com:

RUDI, RUDI: The agent for running back Rudi Johnson said Sunday that he hasn’t spoken to the Bengals here this weekend about a long-term contract. But Peter Schaffer said he won’t be upset if the Bengals simply send their one-year tender offer next week without any more talks.

“You can’t get mad about what you can’t control,” Schaffer said. “The system is what it is. He’ll play this year for the tender and then be an unrestricted free agent next year. That’s fine if that’s the way it is. Rudi loves the fans, the Browns and playing for Marvin Lewis, and he’d love to be there long term. And the Bengals have a great guy like Rudi doing and saying all the right things.”

Schaffer said he would talk about a long-term deal if the Bengals approach him after they send Johnson a tender. It’s believed the Bengals have discussed sending him the highest tender at $1.8 million, which would give the Bengals first- and third-round compensation.

This is why we keep Rudi, and dump the cancer Corey.

Jditty47 you are just the dumbass I've been waiting on. I'm sure your job at White Castle really sucks. I bet you do bitch everyday about your job. Have you ever thought of going out and doing something about it? Instead of drinking bong water with your "bro's" why don't you try to better your situation.

I do live in the real world and I make more than $7.00 dollars an hour. I hate to judge(not really) but by your comments I can read you like a book.

First of all your reply about the Cleveland game. Dillon did not try to get out of bounds and he caused the issue before the half. I'm sure you can't remember that(bong water). I threw the SEC comment out there because some people act like he is some unknown,unproven player that was in the right place at the right time.

You defend Dillon because you lack smarts. By the way, I'm not nice!

wow u know me more than i even know myself...you're like psychic or something. And u can read me like a book? Nice try, learn to read first. dork. just because someone doesnt like their job doesnt mean its lowpay/sh**ty company, i work at a top 10 company in the world right now and i could give 2 sh**s about it. And yes, i am doing something about it. And honestly, why do i need to defend myself vs someone that cant even continue an argument. When someone disagrees with you youre just going to start throwing insults, grow up kid.

But anyways, im not going to argue with an ignorant fool who tries to start a fight because he cant debate the topics.

And kirk, im sure the "no nfl team wants to deal with him" is a bit farfetched. I think teams dont want to give up alot to get him, cuz if that argument was true, then why would keshawn get any kind of shot elsewhere.

Also, to ease this argument down, i do think dillon will be traded before or during the draft, and im guessing to denver.

And kirk, im sure the "no nfl team wants to deal with him" is a bit farfetched. I think teams dont want to give up alot to get him, cuz if that argument was true, then why would keshawn get any kind of shot elsewhere

It's due to Keyshawn Johnson and Bill Parcells are old butt buddies. Nothing more. No other team has even inquired into KJ's availability. Tells you all you need to know right there. I think Keyshawn and Corey would do well as team mates in Dallas! God hope it happens!

true, but even with an attitude some team will pick him up. It happens in every sport(sheed to detroit) and it has happened in the NFL before too. Do u think TO will get offers if he was offered up on the trading block? Even after his blowout last season with the coaches? Im sure he would, cuz he has talent. Talent outweighs attitude.

Talent outweighs attitude.

Maybe in your book. Not in mine. And it depends on the TYPE of attitude. I find Warren Sapps acceptable. He's pissed at going from Champion to Chump.

What happened in the last game with Corey I find selfish. Don't get me wrong. I respect Corey and his immense accomplishments. You just don't do a classless act like that. Not where you were so revered before. I wish it never happend. :(

Whatever the case, he'll be playing for someone next season.

Hold up on that statement. You never know. It's a crazy world, and crazier thing have happened. We'll just have to wait this one out and see I believe. B)

The amazing thing about all of the arguements.. is that whatever you feel about him... The Passion to either defend him ,or excommunicate him can only happen to a player of Dillon's ability.

No one would carry on an arguement this long for "Rod Payne"..roflmao.... :lol:

No one would carry on an arguement this long for "Derrick Fenner".... roflmao.... :lol:

Love him or hate him... truth is truth... the line will block for dillon because it's their jobs... Marvin Lewis could smooth out the whole situation with the team , because that's his job....Katie and Co. could trade or release dillon.. because it's their jobs....So let them do their jobs.

OH and by the Way "Who Dey'....Leaders don't have to get emotional or "pissed off" because they don't like someone. Lack of emotional control is the lack of self discipline. Lack of self discipline is how a leader is tested. I'd rather go into a fight with a person with a cool head, than the guy ranting and raving. :blink:

Love him or hate him... truth is truth... the line will block for dillon because it's their jobs... Marvin Lewis could smooth out the whole situation with the team , because that's his job....Katie and Co. could trade or release dillon.. because it's their jobs....So let them do their jobs.

Maybe the line will block for Dillon, maybe the players don't lose repect for Lewis by bringing Dillon back, and maybe Dillon gets traded and turns over a new leaf. I doubt it.

OH and by the Way "Who Dey'....Leaders don't have to get emotional or "pissed off" because they don't like someone. Lack of emotional control is the lack of self discipline. Lack of self discipline is how a leader is tested. I'd rather go into a fight with a person with a cool head, than the guy ranting and raving.

If what Dillon has done doesn't piss you off as a fan then your way to laid back for me. Not dealing with Corey sends a loud message to the team. Marvin talks a good game but he has no control. I know Marvin will do the right thing and I'll be a proud fan when it happens.

Oh by the way"Chris from Ga."... Most of my comments were for a reason. Dillon makes his team feel the way I made some of you feel and that's not being a good team player. I tried to stir you up to make you feel like his fellow players. So Chris and Jditty it was nothing personal but making excuses for Dillon is turning a blind eye to the truth. He would split the team down the middle. I really disagree with your last point. The guy with the cool head would, more often than not, be shopping for false teeth later in the week. :blink:

OH and by the Way "Who Dey'....Leaders don't have to get emotional or "pissed off" because they don't like someone. Lack of emotional control is the lack of self discipline. Lack of self discipline is how a leader is tested. I'd rather go into a fight with a person with a cool head, than the guy ranting and raving. 

I think this can go both ways in terms, however, it can't be restricted to sports. In football, the best leader for my dollar would be Ray Lewis. He does what he does to get everyone fired up and give his 'mates some resolve.

On the extreme opposite of this thought, you have a Captain or Major in the armed forces with bullets wizzing by your head, I'd rather have the cool, collective and thought out leader.

I think in football, you have to have a leader that's absolutely nuts, crazy, and driven. It motivates everyone, tells them 'he's willing to stand in the line of fire' and give them that fire plus more back.

That's my take, but I think you could make the argument of who thinks what a leader is on both sides of the hill.

Actually Who Dey.. i've had rougher times with the Weather Channel than your comments.

Unlike yourself, I'm not concerned with what perception of myself you have.

Once again, you missed the point.. Marvin talks a good game,but he has no control..?? DID you just hear yourself.

Unlike you, I make a point , then stick with it. I don't straddle fences , or soft shoe to win an arguement, I just state the facts.

Fans have the right to speculate on any player,and coaches decisions, that's why we're called fans...short for fanatics..

But the only truth in the universe is change....Saying Marvin has no control, but you're gonna follow him anyway is a contradiction to your whole arguement.That's not change.That's the status quo'.....

Players act up.... we trade them instead of dealing with them.

Anyone that has ever Owned their own business knows , you can't be surrounded by a bunch of "yes " men.

You need people of all different characters,backgrounds,and eccentricities.. to jell a team. You have to have selfish players..You have to have the humble ones.. etc. etc. etc.

Corey Dillon has been pissing people off since his rookie year.He hasn't changed.. Hell that's why we were able to draft him in the second round in the first place.

And when it comes to the guy with the cool head shopping for false teeth... You must not have ever listened to your Grandmama ......"Still water runs deep"....

The guy that runs his mouth all the time 99 % of the time is the coward... That guy that ain't saying a word...is the one you gotta watch out for.

To Quote Richard Pryor : He talked about when he first met Jim Brown ... He was drunk starting a bunch of s**t... talking s**t about Jim Brown... So Jim Brown walked up ....and Pryor started acting like he was big and bad so a couple of guys helled Richard Back....

Jim Brown said.....just as cool as he could.."' I think if you fellas let him go, he can better express himself"..

Richard Pryor told those men..." if ya'll let me go I'm gonna kick your asses"...

Joe Clark" And That's All I'm Gonna Say".!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anyone that has ever Owned their own business knows , you can't be surrounded by a bunch of "yes " men.

You need people of all different characters,backgrounds,and eccentricities.. to jell a team. You have to have selfish players..You have to have the humble ones.. etc. etc. etc

I want a team of back stabbing "characters" on my team. That's when you start your next new buisness.

You act like he has done nothing and your logic is funny to say the least. Thanks for the laughs. I bet your a hoot at the barber shop there in Mayberry!

From the Cincy Enquirer, tell me if you can just read between the lines. :lol:

Corey Dillon's new agent, Steven Feldman, didn't provide any details. But he did hint to the Cincinnati Enquirer that a deal sending the disgruntled running back elsewhere might be close at hand. "At this point, the less said, the better," Feldman told the Enquirer. "Everybody knows what's up. I think both parties will get what they want soon."

Hate to throw my 2 cents in late, but I'm gonna anyway cause all parties have made some really good points ..... and maybe some assumptions that weren't so great.

" Real Bengals Fans " All of you guys are at a place called The Bengals Zone having an .. at times heated exchange about a Bengals player. The season is over .... free agency hasn't begun ..... the draft isn't til April etc etc etc. Point is ......... there's absolutely no reason to be here other than that you're all Real Fans by anybody standards.

As to a bunch of forgiving fans, I haven't forgiven him from the day he walked into the locker room and said he wanted to be traded ( a day after the trade deadline ). * see my comments about throwing his jerseys back at him * Bringing Dillon back wouldn't destroy Lewis with the players ..... but it would put a stain on his record and hurt his credibility after saying that no one player is bigger than the team. ala TKO ( don't like him either )

The line will block for him .. vs .. the line won't block for him. .......... depends. If the team needs him to get a first down or a score .. then yeah they'll do their job. If the game isn't on the line and Willie A sees Ray Lewis drawing a bead on Dildon then my money says that he takes a hit that makes the crowd go " OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH " and good for him. As to cheering for him .... I would cheer that the Bengals had just made a good play .......... and lament that it had to be by that ( fill in you favorite expletive delete )

"Dillon has acted like an a** hole but he had his reasons." Two things .. #1 Dillon has never Acted like as A** hole. He really is one and doesn't have to act. #2 I pay pretty close attention, and I've yet to see anything that would have come close to justifying Dillons actions.

Chris - Leaders don't get emotional etc. ..... lack of emotional control is lack of self discipline and so on. I agree. That's why Dillon showed he is no leader by throwing his uniform etc into the stands. Pretty undisciplined don't you think?

Lastly - Mayberry ....... there is no Mayberry. Its based on a really nice little town named Mt. Airy which indeed is in North Carolina. I was through there the first part of the week. The whole town is Andy Grifith crazy. Everything from t shirts to shot glasses. Great area.

This is a great discussion too by the way. B)

The line will block for him .. vs ..  the line won't block for him.  .......... depends. If the team needs him to get a first down or a score .. then yeah they'll do their job. If the game isn't on the line and Willie A sees Ray Lewis drawing a bead on Dildon then my money says that he takes a hit that makes the crowd go  " OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH " and good for him. As to cheering for him .... I would cheer that the Bengals had just made a good play .......... and lament that it had to be by that ( fill in you favorite expletive delete )

Man redsfan you slay me :lol::lol::lol:

I sure hope Dillon is not wearing bengal stripes in the fall. :angry:

I've disliked him since before his contract extension for the exact reasons many people don't want him around anymore. He's been a me me me dude forever. <_<

He has never ran with the heart or desire necessary to win championships (IMHO).

:rolleyes:

effcd.

The line will block for him .. vs ..  the line won't block for him.  .......... depends. If the team needs him to get a first down or a score .. then yeah they'll do their job. If the game isn't on the line and Willie A sees Ray Lewis drawing a bead on Dildon then my money says that he takes a hit that makes the crowd go  " OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH " and good for him. As to cheering for him .... I would cheer that the Bengals had just made a good play .......... and lament that it had to be by that ( fill in you favorite expletive delete )

Man redsfan you slay me :lol::lol::lol:

I sure hope Dillon is not wearing bengal stripes in the fall. :angry:

I've disliked him since before his contract extension for the exact reasons many people don't want him around anymore. He's been a me me me dude forever. <_<

He has never ran with the heart or desire necessary to win championships (IMHO).

:rolleyes:

effcd.

Dillon has a ton of talent, and I think that's a large part of what pisses me off about him. I have the the most respect for guys like Evander Holyfield. Just plain not big enough to be a heavy weight. Til he put his mind to it. The guy willed himself into the championship through training and absolutely refusing to lose. Those are the guys I like to see do well. They aren't the biggest and don't have the most talent, but they are relentless in pursuing their goals.

The Dillons of the world don't exert that kindof effort because quite frankly they don't have to. they are naturally gfted enough to skate by on 60 to 70% and get away with it. Total disdain for those types. <_<

Wouldn't our world be sooooo different right now had not Corey chucked his gear into the stands. One minute of stupidity translates into an eternity of debate for us. What a shame. It didn't need to be. If he expressed ANY, and I do mean ANY remorse for the incident, I'd forgive him...THIS ONE TIME.

It probably would never happen. I wouldn't hate it if it did though. <_<

Wouldn't our world be sooooo different right now had not Corey chucked his gear into the stands. One minute of stupidity translates into an eternity of debate for us. What a shame. It didn't need to be. If he expressed ANY, and I do mean ANY remorse for the incident, I'd forgive him...THIS ONE TIME.

It probably would never happen. I wouldn't hate it if it did though.  <_<

I wouldn't feel any different about the jackass unless he'd run out of bounds with 12 seconds left in the half and then caught a touchdown pass on the following play. :rolleyes:

effcd

Thanks richmond for the inspiring words.... but let's cut all the crap..... Somebody find out who the deal is with..?? and what do we get in return..?? Because that's gonna be the next thing we all speculate about.. :lol::D:lol:

Detroit..? Tampa ..? Denver..? .......etc.. etc.. etc... There's like a million football websites... somebody has to have at least a good rumor... :rolleyes: