Peter King: merged threads

walzav29

1. Indianapolis (10-0). I haven't seen an offense this unstoppable since, well, since the 2004 Colts.

13. Cincinnati (7-3). No defensive backbone. None.

The Bengals had more yards than the Colts. I understand the Bengals D sucked, but all of his anti-Bengal points are worse for other teams. He has said that the Bengals opponents suck, but their opponents combined record is better than the Colts. Carolina went into Chicago and got mopped up. Pitt lost to the Ravens. He act's like the Bengals are the 1st team that Manning has lit up. Look at the Pats game last year (game 1). Manning put up big numbers. The Bengals can just keep beating who they are supposed to, and I hope to God they make him eat his words. I'm sure the fat-ass won't mind. He'll enjoy eating anything.

I was a little annoyed about that also. All we are hearing is how bad the Bengals D is this morning, when the Colts D got lit up for almost 500 yds.

But the praise comes with the wins. I could care less about the experts praise, as long as the team forgets about the Colts and takes it out on Baltimore on Sunday.

I liked Tom Jackson's pre-game take yesterday the best. He predicted that the Colts would win, but praised the Bengals, saying they're a year away from being where the Colts are. Too many of these guys like King criticize the Bengals without putting it in the context that they're still a work in progress.

If you don't like what he said don't read him. But he is not the only sports writer that is saying that about our D. I agree with him about that and so will other people that love this team, the D line only got pressure on there O about 5 times that I could see. I think our O and special teams are better than the Colts but D loses our games. And for you people that will say I am jumping ship save it, I am a fan from 68 and win, lose or draw I will always be! Until they get a player that can plug the middle and get blockers off our ends this is what will happen playing any good O team. We have seen it three times now :angry::angry:

Quit crying over the loss. The Colts are a far better team than the Bengals. Everyone knew it. Whether you wanted to admit it is another thing.

The funny thing about the Colts, is that you Bengals fans will have to be rooting for them Monday Night when they play your division leading Steelers. I will be rooting for the Colts and the Bengals. I love irony.

Quit crying over the loss. The Colts are a far better team than the Bengals. Everyone knew it. Whether you wanted to admit it is another thing.

The funny thing about the Colts, is that you Bengals fans will have to be rooting for them Monday Night when they play your division leading Steelers. I will be rooting for the Colts and the Bengals. I love irony.

arent you late for daycare?

If you don't like what he said don't read him. But he is not the only sports writer that is saying that about our D. I agree with him about that and so will other people that love this team, the D line only got pressure on there O about 5 times that I could see.

A lot of us agree about our defense - however, I think what we're complaining about is the failure of the media to notice that Indianapolis's defense was barely better than ours (notwithstanding the fact that everyone has been bragging about the improvement of Indy's defense all season).

I have nothing but respect for the Colts. They are great, but I wouldn't say they are FAR batter then the Bengals. Who knows what'll happen if they meet in the playoffs. As far as big game's go. Peyton sucks.

most of you bengals fans are very good fans and know your stuff but to say peyton sucks in big games is idiotic. you are saying things that guys like peter king say and yet you diss peter king. you only believet he media hype you want to hear or what?

carson cant win the big game. how is that? it is retarded.

I have nothing but respect for the Colts. They are great, but I wouldn't say they are FAR batter then the Bengals. Who knows what'll happen if they meet in the playoffs. As far as big game's go. Peyton sucks.

most of you bengals fans are very good fans and know your stuff but to say peyton sucks in big games is idiotic. you are saying things that guys like peter king say and yet you diss peter king. you only believet he media hype you want to hear or what?

carson cant win the big game. how is that? it is retarded.

You seem to have confused the reasonable, knowledgable football fan and the bitter, frustrated Bengal fan --- two separate entities who often inhabit the same body only moments apart.

I'd go further to explain what it's like to see your long-suffering team come so close to "shocking the world", but then you're a fan of a successful team lurking on an opponent's fan site the day after you beat them. I don't really see what could possibly be gained.

Well, I will say this... Manning might be the best QB in the league, but I am not ready to say that he has the monkey off his back yet. He could never beat Florida in college, and hasn't been able to make it to the superbowl yet, even though they are often favored.

This goes for Dungy too. There was no excuse for TB not to be in the superbowl... and even though he is the one who built the team... they had to hire Chucky to get them to the next level.

The Colts are the best in the league. There's no debate... But I'll believe they can win the superbowl when I see it.

That is no disrespect to the Colts at all. They beat us... and deserved to. But some teams are just different when it comes playoff time... This goes both ways. The Pats seem to be different in a good way in the playoffs, while the Colts are different in a bad way. I can't explain it... I just observe is, and I've seen it with the Colts for several years running now.

Maybe Manning and Dungy get the monkey off their backs this year... but until I see it, in a bet I'll take the field.