Best Football Movie Ever..?

chrishcovga

How 'bout Rudy? There's a great football movie about the life of Doug Flutie,, oh no, sorry, wrong guy. But anyway, that is a great movie that brings a tear to my eyes every time I see that little runt make it on the field against georgia tech. :o

Here is my top ten:

1. Rudy

2. The Program

3. The Longest Yard

4. Remember the Titans

5. The Waterboy

6. Varsity Blues

7. Jerry Maguire

8. North Dallas Forty

9. Brian's Song

10. The Replacements

Honorable Mention:

Unnecessary Roughness

Black Sunday

The Last Boy Scout

only change id make to that list is taking off the replacements and adding the last boy scout.

H.O.T.S.

I can't remember a thing about it other than the plot devolved into a strip football game between a team of Playboy Playmates and another squad of Penthouse Pets and assorted skanky women of ill repute. The popular drive-in version of the movie was strictly a breast-times-of-our-lives affair, but there was an unrated version that includes a butt or two. Maybe more was shown, but the mind wanders after a couple of decades. However, I do remember lot's of "In-the-huddle" camera angles showing a circle of topless playsluts and the mandatory shots of the QB/OC exchange.

Funny thing though, all the naked gals from this movie have to be 50 years old by now. Ewwww.

Just watched Friday night lights- Tim Mcgraw makes a stellar drunken redneck loser dad by the way - I would have to say it is right up there

Varsity Blues, anyone?

1. Brian's Song (Original Version)

2. Rudy

3. Remember the Titans

4. Brian' Song (More Recent Version)

5. Jerry McGuire

6. The Waterboy

7. The Program

8. North Dallas 40

9. The Longest Yard (Old Version)

10. The Replacements

11. Wildcats

12. Varsity Blues

13. Friday Night Lights

Yes, I enjoy the comedy football movies as much as many of the serious ones.

I go for Brian's Song also. Gale Sayers was an all time great. Many of you never saw him play. He was just unlucky with knee injuries that shortened his career. He was better than Walter Payton. Payton had the stiff arm. Sayers outran them.

These days players are so egotistical, like Dillon. The whole Brian's Song was about Gale Sayers' faith and being a team player. He would have done anything for his friend Brian Piccolo.

My favorite football movies are in the following order.

1.Varsity Blues(Nobody has mentioned this movie but I believe it is the best one)

2.The Program

3.All the Right Moves(old Tom Cruise movie)

4.Any Given Sunday

mb read ppl's posts...i think like 5 ppl have mentioned varsity blues before you. i like it.

Hello?????

Did everybody sleep through the 80's?

How about the classic 1988 epic film "Johnny Be Good" with Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Downy jr?

That was a good moving picture in the football category.

My personal favorite is the NFL films 1981 & 1988 Cincinnati Bengals season highlights. Can't tell you how many times I watched Pete Johnson break off his route short of the goaline and get stuck by the Niners linebacker. From the 1988 season, I watch Stanford Jennings returning that Super Bowl kickoff over and over. When that happened, I thought it was our night. I hate Lewis Billups and Joe Montana.

I'm not talking about Billups getting burned for the TD, I'm talking about the play just before that everybody forgets. Montana threw a bad pass, it hit Billups right in the #'s in the endzone and bounced off. Next play is touchdown to Taylor and Super Bowl immortality. If Billups makes that easy interception, the game is over and we were champions of one of the most exciting games in SB history and maybe the history of our franchise would be different.

yes, im still bitter 16 years later.

yeah my vote would be for Friday Night Lights,great movie.

H.O.T.S.

I can't remember a thing about it other than the plot devolved into a strip football game between a team of Playboy Playmates and another squad of Penthouse Pets and assorted skanky women of ill repute. The popular drive-in version of the movie was strictly a breast-times-of-our-lives affair, but there was an unrated version that includes a butt or two. Maybe more was shown, but the mind wanders after a couple of decades. However, I do remember lot's of "In-the-huddle" camera angles showing a circle of topless playsluts and the mandatory shots of the QB/OC exchange. 

Funny thing though, all the naked gals from this movie have to be 50 years old by now. Ewwww.

I remember that "cheese-fest" of a flick! A few of those women might still be on the Hot MILF side of life ya know! post-17-1118007715.gif

So how do you like the "Hair On Fire" smiley i found on the internet? I think it should be catagorized as "Pissed!" Your thoughts Mr. Fire? post-17-1118007715.gif

We don't consider that a football movie, because That Rudy grew up to be a HOBBIT... :lol::D:lol:

But as a hobbit he did make some quality tackles on shnevel the gollum (I can't remember that things name). I'd like a D Line made of Orcs!

From what I've seen...Brian's song (watched it the other day actually). Old school movie but awesome. One of those sad movies that guys can enjoy :P You dont have to really be a big football fan to like it. Also, remember the Titans was really good too. I want to see Friday Night Lights, I haven't seen it yet.