NASCAR Weekly

BengalszoneBilly

I like Kenseth and my family is a Stewart fan so maybe I'll pick between those two; perhaps the season will dictate the end. HUMMM...

So far in general, my racing experience is 2 for 2. I might mention small bits of a "diary of sorts" in my NASCAR experience during weekly KBLOGS.

Josh!! You have touched on two of my favorites!! The 2002 and the 2003 Champions. Tony is from Indiana, and Matt is from Wisconsin. Neither of which is a southern state, which I'm sure I don't have to point out. This sport has diversified by leaps and bounds in the last ten years, and possibly with this new point system, will continue to do so. At first I was totally against it. Now I'm willing to let it have it's chance with the fans! I'm really thinkin' Nascar will only prosper from here on out by many new things that are migrating into the sport, like Toyota making inroads into the truck series, and hopefully minorities making inroads into the sport, as has Marvin Lewis into the NFL head coaching ranks.

Kevnz, what's your opinion here? B)

OK, day two of my NASCAR experience and I have to admit, during the finishing line; I practically jumped out of my seat with that finish. That was pretty fun. Though the race in the middle was kind of boring, even slow. But the finish was really exciting. I need to find myself a driver. I like Kenseth and my family is a Stewart fan so maybe I'll pick between those two; perhaps the season will dictate the end. HUMMM...

So far in general, my racing experience is 2 for 2. I might mention small bits of a "diary of sorts" in my NASCAR experience during weekly KBLOGS.

It is useless to resist...... :ph34r:

Good stuff Kirk....Yeah the middle can sometimes be a bit of a bore, especially now with the network "coverage" It really kills it. They only focus on the very front, or their "favorite" drivers...Some of the best racing happens in the middle of the pack, but the way Fox and NBC handle things you'd never know it....Damn I miss ESPN.....Hell for that matter I miss TNN...If you ever get a chance, go to a race, and take along a radio to listen to the coverage from MRN (If they still do the radio coverage)....Heaps better...at least the last time I heard.

Josh!! You have touched on two of my favorites!! The 2002 and the 2003 Champions. Tony is from Indiana, and Matt is from Wisconsin. Neither of which is a southern state, which I'm sure I don't have to point out. This sport has diversified by leaps and bounds in the last ten years, and possibly with this new point system, will continue to do so. At first I was totally against it. Now I'm willing to let it have it's chance with the fans! I'm really thinkin' Nascar will only prosper from here on out by many new things that are migrating into the sport, like Toyota making inroads into the truck series, and hopefully minorities making inroads into the sport, as has Marvin Lewis into the NFL head coaching ranks.

Kevnz, what's your opinion here? B)

DAMN TOYOTA TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, I feel better about that.....

Yeah, NASCAR has diversified more...racing is more boring as well...Need more Southerners...Damn yankees can't drive.... :D

But, one of the biggest reasons that NASCAR has added people like Tony, and Harvick is cause open wheel racing committed suicide....If the IRL never spilt from Champ cars you wouldn't have Tony stewart racing in NASCAR today....

Also, Matt isn't the first NASCAR Winston Cup champion from Wisconsin, that would be Alen Kulwicki...and for that matter Dave Marcis from Wisconsin ran in NASCAR for ages as well....

But, all these vanilla drivers need a damn personality...Nothing beats old time drivers like the Allisons, or Pearson or Yarbourgh, Earnhardt...Now those cats would call'em like they saw'em....I mean those guys made NASCAR what it is, now these boring ass drivers are killing it....Remember, the highest rated Daytona 500 ever had a fight in last turn at the end...now that's NASCAR :D

Remember, the highest rated Daytona 500 ever had a fight in last turn at the end...now that's NASCAR :D

Really? That sounds more like NHL Hockey. And the last thing Nascar now is for me is boring. Matt Kenseth's win over Kasey Kahne last weekend by one one hundreth of a second does not fit the definition of boring.

About the demise of open wheel racing, you are so right. These greedy bastards took a good thing, a tore it into two pieces of crap. It cannot hold a candle to Nascar as far as popularity and fan base growth. And I shouldn't say they tore it, they demolished it, they same way a car does hitting the wall at 200MPH!! It may possibly never come back to it's former self.

Remember, the highest rated Daytona 500 ever had a fight in last turn at the end...now that's NASCAR  :D

Really? That sounds more like NHL Hockey. And the last thing Nascar now is for me is boring. Matt Kenseth's win over Kasey Kahne last weekend by one one hundreth of a second does not fit the definition of boring.

About the demise of open wheel racing, you are so right. These greedy bastards took a good thing, a tore it into two pieces of crap. It cannot hold a candle to Nascar as far as popularity and fan base growth. And I shouldn't say they tore it, they demolished it, they same way a car does hitting the wall at 200MPH!! It may possibly never come back to it's former self.

Yep, the 1979 Daytona ended in a fist fight with the Alisons (Bobby and Donnie) slugging it out with Cale Yarborough...Check it out here

Actually, I don't mind the drivers for the most part, it's the cookie cutter tracks and s**t camera angles and TV coverage that I have problem with...I mean how boring is the St Louis or Chicago race???? Snoozathon 400's...Gimme more races at Bristol or Richmond, or move Rockingham to someplace that would sell out...dumb ass North Carolinians....Can you believe that the race at the Rock wasn't sold out??? WTF? That was probably the last race at the Rock....And what track do you think will get it's date??? betcha Chicago get's a second date......Boring!....

Actually, in the IRL put's on some exciting racing....Almost every other race ends like the Rockingham race....Plus a kiwi is the defending title holder....But yeah, pretty soon you'll have to ask what happens when no one shows up to eatch the racing...But I like my racing with fenders.... :D

was probably the last race at the Rock....And what track do you think will get it's date???

I heard that it may move to the Texas Motor Speedway (not sure if that's even a track, but that's what I recall hearing; can't remember where). Holy s**t, I'm having a NASCAR conversation! I think I just graduated first grade!

was probably the last race at the Rock....And what track do you think will get it's date???

I heard that it may move to the Texas Motor Speedway (not sure if that's even a track, but that's what I recall hearing; can't remember where). Holy s**t, I'm having a NASCAR conversation! I think I just graduated first grade!

It think it's either Texas, or California, but I sure wish they'd give the Kentucky Speedway a Cup date to go along with it's Busch date. All the Cup drivers that have tested on it love it and call it a world class racing facility.

And about graduating the "Nascar First Grade"...your diploma from it will look wonderful hanging on the wall next to any degrees you have already there! :lol:

That's good. You have taken your first step into a larger world....

Texas Motor Speedway already has one race(Bruton Smith(owner of the tracks in Texas, Charlotte, Atlanta, Bristol, Sears Point, and a few others that escape me) co purchased North Wilksboro Speedway along with the owner on the New Hampshire speedway, shut North Wilksboro down, and pilfered the race dates...another short track gone...) But NASCAR promised him a date before that, but he never got it, so it could be the date that NASCAR finally gives him....Texas has good racing...Not great racing, but good racing...It's identical to Charlotte and Atlanta....

Of course a share Holders in Bruton's company is sueing NASCAR to get a race date, so that may be to get that court case thrown out before the government tries to screw with another successful sport.

It think it's either Texas, or California, but I sure wish they'd give the Kentucky Speedway a Cup date to go along with it's Busch date. All the Cup drivers that have tested on it love it and call it a world class racing facility.

I don't think it would be Califonia, as they already have two dates....and yep, Kentucky deserves a race date

I don't think it would be Califonia, as they already have two dates....and yep, Kentucky deserves a race date

Your right Kevnz. I just looked it up on the net. I think it's going to be used to help smooth over some lingering legal action going on between the owners of the Texas Speedway and Nascar.

I remember hearing that Winston (or Nextel, WHATEVER?!) won't put a race at Kentucky because of the surrounding areas have one. My take is that WHAT SURRONDING AREAS, and secondly, Kentucky is a HUGE market for race fans.

I remember hearing that Winston (or Nextel, WHATEVER?!) won't put a race at Kentucky because of the surrounding areas have one. My take is that WHAT SURRONDING AREAS, and secondly, Kentucky is a HUGE market for race fans.

Kentucky Speedway is too close to the Nascar motherland of North Carolina I suppose. And don't worry about calling the Nextel Cup "Winston"! I too have tripped over that alot this season myself! ;)

Kentucky Speedway is too close to the Nascar motherland of North Carolina I suppose. And don't worry about calling the Nextel Cup "Winston"! I too have tripped over that alot this season myself! ;)

Actually, I think the biggest problem is that there are larger markets that NASCAR wants to get into, But until the get a track in most of those places, I'd have to say Kentucky has to be a consideration, along with the second date for Texas...

One problem is the ownership of the track itself....NASCAR(A subsidery of NASCAR) actually owns about half of the tracks on the schedule at the moment...and unless NASCAR owns the track they move a date to then they don't get the money....I think it's NASCAR's biggest problem, and that's actually part of the legal battle going on I mentioned earlier....It's kinda like the NFL owning about half the teams....I would actually like to see this changed.

One problem is the ownership of the track itself....NASCAR(A subsidery of NASCAR) actually owns about half of the tracks on the schedule at the moment...and unless NASCAR owns the track they move a date to then they don't get the money....I think it's NASCAR's biggest problem, and that's actually part of the legal battle going on I mentioned earlier....It's kinda like the NFL owning about half the teams....I would actually like to see this changed.

Possibly after the lagalities are out of the way, also depending on their outcome, the odds for a Nextel Cup date coming to the Kentucky Speedway will greatly increase!...Maybe. ;)