The Yankees

BengalszoneBilly

Are the Yankees actions good or bad for the game?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Yankees actions good or bad for the game?

• Yes it is, they're playing within' the rules as they are written.
    • No it's not, it's just extending the divide between the big and small market teams.

WOAH!, what did you hear?  :(

Let's just say holding your breath wouldn't be the best choice you could make!! :lol:

Baseball has had one gaff after another in recent years, a lot of which can be traced directly back to Bud. Sooner or later he's going to have to take the heat for the problems of the game.

Who do you guys think would be a good replacement ???????? I'd go for George Will in a minute. Great persective of the game. Conservative in most approaches a no nonsense attitude, and I think the strenght of personality to pull it off. Best of all, beholden neither to owners or union.

As to dancing .................... that's quite the avatar you've got there B)

Who do you guys think would be a good replacement ???????? I'd go for George Will in a minute. Great persective of the game. Conservative in most approaches a no nonsense attitude, and I think the strenght of personality to pull it off. Best of all, beholden neither to owners or union.

I think a good conservative judge would be great.. I want nothing to do with liberals :D

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with George. Can you help me out here?

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with George. Can you help me out here?

George Will is a syndicated columnist and moderator / panelist on several of the political shows that air usually on weekends. Definitely not a liberal ( hence the lol smiley face ). Has a lot of political savvy, so he ought to be able to hold his own with owners and union types alike. I don't think he has any legal background, but is pretty well versed. Best of all is an unabashed baseball fan with broad knowledge of the game as it is today and its history leading up to this point. I don't always agree with him, but he always makes me think.

He's probably in your local paper at least on an irregular basis on the political page. Sometimes you can catch him on hte Washington Insiders as well.

As to a nice conservative judge, I believe all of their appointments are being held up ...... by the liberals B)

I read today online that A-Rod pouted his way out of Texas. He didn't want to anchor a rebuilding process coming out of the cellar of their division. He pretty much forced their owners hands to do this!!

I can't wait for them to lose ANOTHER World Series to see his face then! All this money, and still nuthin!! B)

As to dancing .................... that's quite the avatar you've got there B)

All hale the billie gigglies!!!

:D:huh::lol::):blink:

It is an attention grabber, isn't it? :D

captain kirk just infomed me that the nfl now insists that if breasts are moving in avatars then all skin tones must be exhibited; otherwise, our dear captain must explain why we are not meeting the diversity goals of the league. Furthermore the world wide web has brought to the attention of league officials the lack of bootey shaking avatars.... :D and the combo of the 2

It's rumored that the league has introduced a program for their fans to get their bootey shaking.

:)

It is an attention grabber, isn't it? :D

captain kirk just infomed me that the nfl now insists that if breasts are moving in avatars then all skin tones must be exhibited; otherwise, our dear captain must explain why we are not meeting the diversity goals of the league. Furthermore the world wide web has brought to the attention of league officials the lack of bootey shaking avatars.... :D and the combo of the 2

I like boobies and booties :lol:  :lol:

Which confounds me in your statements regarding the Super Bowl halftime storm. Whatever. At least I can identify with you here!! B)

OK. I can get into this discussion again if you want me to, but my base was I like boobies myself but with my conservative mindset, I see children all around the globe accepting a man ripping off the clothes of a woman to expose a private part. I wasn't arguing the stance of myself, I was arguing from the family household that is forced to explain everything they shouldn't be forced to on a primetime "family show" on network television.

I wasn't arguing the stance of myself, I was arguing from the family household that is forced to explain everything they shouldn't be forced to on a primetime "family show" on network television.

A family show brought to us courtesy of 4 different erectile dysfunction pharmacutical companies!! That irony just kills me!!! :lol::lol:

I wasn't arguing the stance of myself, I was arguing from the family household that is forced to explain everything they shouldn't be forced to on a primetime "family show" on network television.

A family show brought to us courtesy of 4 different erectile dysfunction pharmacutical companies!! That irony just kills me!!! :lol::lol:

Yea, I couldn't believe I saw a commercial that said "if erection lasts longer than 4 hours...". At that point, I just gave up -- after I was on the ground laughing my ass off for about 2 minutes. :lol:

Yea, I couldn't believe I saw a commercial that said "if erection lasts longer than 4 hours...". At that point, I just gave up -- after I was on the ground laughing my ass off for about 2 minutes. :lol:

If it lasts longer than 4 hours, hit it with a hammer! It'll go away!! :lol:

Getting back to the topic:

I read a very interesting article about the yankees and it contends that the yankees will score less with the new lineup than the old; basically because the new second baseman pales to Soriano. The article also contends that Jeter should be the one changing positions. :blink:

They had all the stats to back up the claims.

"Last year A-Rod led the AL with .989 fielding percentage while M. Jeter was second from last among regular AL shortstops with a .969 mark. Look at Range Factor, which measures how many plays a fielder makesper nine innings; A-Rod slips to fifth in the AL, but Jeter plummets to dead last in all of baseball....That means that over a season A-Rod wil make 128 plays that Jeter will not.....All of which wil be cool comfort for a Yankee pitcher who's just seen a potential double play grounder turn into a bases-clearing single."

Getting back to the topic:

I read a very interesting article about the yankees and it contends that the yankees will score less with the new lineup than the old; basically because the new second baseman pales to Soriano. The article also contends that Jeter should be the one changing positions. :blink:

They had all the stats to back up the claims.

"Last year A-Rod led the AL with .989 fielding percentage while M. Jeter was second from last among regular AL shortstops with a .969 mark. Look at Range Factor, which measures how many plays a fielder makesper nine innings; A-Rod slips to fifth in the AL, but Jeter plummets to dead last in all of baseball....That means that over a season A-Rod wil make 128 plays that Jeter will not.....All of which wil be cool comfort for a Yankee pitcher who's just seen a potential double play grounder turn into a bases-clearing single."

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that A Rod provides the Yankees with something they haven't had in a long time. He's a major home run hitter, and that's the one thing they Yankees haven't been known for. As a matter of fact, it's been the exact opposite of that with the Yankees being known as team where everyone contributes offensively but no one stands out .... and that on any given night it could be anyone on hte team that provides the boost to win the game ..... ala Boone in the play offs.

Gotta wonder how the team will adjust to this new turn of events. Also have to wonder about the pitching staff as a whole. It's good, but not exceptional. Have to wonder if that won't bite them at one time or another.

As to stats, they can be pretty misleading at times. I'm a long way away from being a Yankee fan, but Jeter is a pretty darn good shortstop. He makes plays that you could just sit and watch over and over.

Guess wich 1 i voted for ??? -- GO YANKEES  :P

I used to like you. :D

Aww...let him like the Yanks without any predjudice. If ANY team could possibly lay claim to "America's Team", it's the New York Yankees, yet, they don't, unlike other presumptious teams from Atlanta. The name allows such bravado. I still don't care for Stienbrenner. He's an ass. Hee-Haw...Hee-Haw!! :lol: