Computer Tip

Kirkendall

Hey fellas, I know some of you probably have problems regarding your computer and spy-ware. One spy-ware hassle is ads that pop up for no reason. I found something that's worth trying, it's called SpyBot and was rated the best spyware removal program by PC Mag. I'm trying it now and have had no complaints and noticed a reduction of crap on my PC. Best part, it's free.

check it out.. http://www.safer-networking.org

Been there, and done that! Recommend it highly. Also a program called "Ad-Aware 5.0", which is also a freebie. I'm using Ad at home, and Spy at work. The system admin guy set it up after too much crap jammed the company server. Josh, you might know how much hate and discontent a jammed up server can cause at work, eh? :lol:

Actually, we have our systems so closed down, that unless you have admin rights or know the admin loggin and pass, you can't install anything. I'm pretty careful about the sites I go to, but some tool of a friend went to some website to look up lyrics for a song I can't remember and next thing I know I'm getting massive crap on my machine. I use Ad-Aware 6 also, but it didn't detect nearly half of the stuff this program uses.

Probably b/c I haven't DL'ed any updates for Ad-Aware forever now.

I read about SpyBot sitting on the crapper which promotes a thought for me; who said that great things and ideas don't come from the crapper, I can name two now... :lol:

Actually, we have our systems so closed down, that unless you have admin rights or know the admin loggin and pass, you can't install anything.

Our admin guy has done the same thing. The only way I can put anything onto my computer at work is off the CD-ROM. He's a pretty anal guy, now that I think about it, but understandably so.

Yea, it's very anal. But it's very worth it to be overprotective than not. I've spent many a nights watching the sun come up repairing our mailserver or file server, or application server.

Oh man! That must suck when people come to work and go..."Is it fixed yet!!"

LOL.. I never get a call about problems when the Intranet goes down, but I get record calls if they can't reach their favorite Soap Opera website that's not even our fault.. GOD it gets annoying at times..

I have six different sites that I support and sometimes if people are pissing me off, I get in my car, tell my boss I'm going to a site and just take a mag with me or buy one at a store and read it for about a half hour.

LOL.. I never get a call about problems when the Intranet goes down, but I get record calls if they can't reach their favorite Soap Opera website that's not even our fault.. GOD it gets annoying at times..

That would get you a pink slip where I work! :blink: