Mock Draft v1.0

HoosierCat

In case you haven't seen it, Chuck's mock's at:

http://www.wforums.bengalszone.com/article.php?sid=99

Thoughts...

With the 1st. overall selection the San Diego Chargers select Eli Manning QB, Miss.---has to be their pick, after trading away rights to Michael Vick and missing terribly on Ryan Leaf.

I think they try like hell to trade out of this spot. It wouldn't stun me to see them work a deal with Pitt.

# 4.NY Giants -- Robert Gallery OT, Iowa. Giants can bluff all they want, but even Jim McNally (offensive line coach) can't work miracles with a bunch of Helen Kellers.

Passing on Sean Taylor would be flat-out stupid. He may well be the best player in the draft. Yeah, the Giants need o-line help, but they'll look for that later (PS McNally's in Buffalo now).

# 7.Browns -- Sean Taylor FS, Miami (fla). Butch, gets player he recruited. Winslow was an option, but even Davis doesn't want the headache.

W/o Taylor on the board I think they go WR (Williams) or OT Gallery if he's still there, Andrews otherwise.

# 11.Steelers -- Stephen Jackson RB, Oregon St. The" Chin " finally gets running back of the future. Cowler wanted a corner, but can probably land a good one in second round.

If they ndon't trade up for a QB, this makes sense. The Bus is almost done and word is Zereoue may be released.

# 13.Bills -- Chris Gamble CB, Ohio St. Malarkey goes defense, after Free Agent losses.

Godd, good, good. I want Gamble off the board before the Bengals come up. Even if he does develop it'll take years.

# 15.Buccaneers -- Kevin Jones RB, Virginia Tech. Gruden finally gets a great back with speed. Jones turns into NFL rookie of the year.

Nah, they take Wilfork or maybe Smith 'cause we traded the Dillon for their 3rd :).

# 17.Bengals -- Vince Wilfork DT, Miami (fla).Lewis gets tough interior lineman that turns Hardy into a pro-bowler again, people can now say they're playing defense at the River.

I'll take Wilfork. Doubt he'll be there, tho. Shock the world. Take Rod Davis.

# 20.Dolphins -- Phillip Rivers QB, North Carolina St. Probably not the next Dan Marino, but also won't be the excuse team can't make the playoffs either.

Could happen. Rivers is shooting up the draft boards.

# 30.Chiefs -- Teddy Lehman lb, Oklahoma. Chiefs need defense! No Really they need guys that can tackle first, then play defense.

# 31 Panthers -- Johnathan Vilma LB, Miami (fla). Fox gets some speed behind that great line of his.

2 more teams miss out on Rod Davis!

# 32.Bengals -- via trade with Patriots for Corey Dillon

Pass whatever you're smokin' over this way 'cause it must be some killer sheot!

Seriously, not bad overall. No way Taylor gets to the Browns, tho (thank Gawd!)

JoiseyCat (official Rod Davis in '04 pimp)

# 32.Bengals -- via trade with Patriots for Corey Dillon

Pass whatever you're smokin' over this way 'cause it must be some killer sheot!

Seriously, not bad overall. No way Taylor gets to the Browns, tho (thank Gawd!)

JoiseyCat (official Rod Davis in '04 pimp)

That mock would be the sweetest scenario all around! Plus we get to take our shots at Corey next season, if the trade did happen!! B)

I think San Diego has to show their fans they want to put an effort into turning back into a playoff caliber team again. In an Interview with " The 2 live Stews" Ryan and Doug Stewart,from 790.the Zone in Atlanta, Espns' Len Pasquerelli reported that "If you look at the teams that drafted high in the 1998 draft are right back there again in 2004. It's a bad circle that has happened to the Cardinals and the Chargers. Although Oakland had a terrific rise,they fell terribly back to the bottom ranks in one season."

Pretty entertaining draft....Would love to see more top 10 trades happen.

A few things you may want to consider for your next mock draft:

- Shawn Andrews reportedly weights 400+ pounds right now. No way he is going that early.

- Nathan Vasher may have a spinal injury and is being examined now.

- Forget a trade for Dillon. Every team's fans are imagining they will trade their junky old players for the Pats' picks. Not gonna happen.

My version:

1) Vince Wilfork DT

1a) Marquise Hill DE

2) Matt Ware CB/S

3) Daryl Smith LB

or (assuming Wilfork isn't available, which is very likely)

1) DeAngelo Hall CB (KR!!!)

1a) Marquise Hill DE

2) Donnell Washington DT

3) Daryl Smith LB (kind of a optomistic pick, he could easily go to us in the 2nd, then we could draft DT Igor Oslanksy in the 3rd)

Good guards and centers could be available in the 2nd day.

That mock sucks.

No way the pats are dumb enough to trade a 1st round pick for dillon.

Picking Jake Grove there is a moronic move. He will be there when we pick in round 2. Some mocks ive seen have him going in round 3.

Wilfork, Hill, Thomas would be the way to go if that trade that wont happen happens.

Thomas not being in either round makes no sense, hes a late 1st who may drop to our pick, if he does we would jump all over him.

I like the scenario of Wilfork,Hall, and Thomas. I don't see the Bengals getting better than a 2nd rd pick for Dillon...maybe even a 3rd at best. Hall would be a great pick up for his special teams play which has to be where Lewis is looking to go. If Wilfork is gone, and he probably will be, then I like Vilma in this spot, starting right away and Hardy moving back to the outside. That is, if the Bengals don't try to fill the ILB spot with a free agent. (Al Wilson anyone?)

Joisey, I will agree with you that Sean Taylor is the best player in this draft but S is not as important as LT. Add in Coughlin's emphasis on offensive and defensive line and there is no way he will pass on Gallery. Many are viewing him as the next Boselli. I think Taylor will be taken by Detroit at number 6. Everyone is saying he will be the best safety in the NFL within 3 years, and I tend to agree, but Gallery is a Pro Bowl left tackle.