Bengals lose another coach

kevnz

I just read that Kurtis Shultz(assistant Strength and Conditioning coach) has left the bengals to be the Strength and conditioning coach for the Vikings....This is the second coach this offseason to go somewhere else and get a promotion. It shows that coach Lewis has a pretty damn good coaching staff...Plus Shultz and Morton did a hell of a job on this team last year...Hopefully there won't be any drop off with him leaving.

I think they'll have no problem to find a guy with enough strength to spot for the players while they're lifting! These guys know how to work out without this guy hanging out in the locker room breathlessly waiting to rub them down! :P

I think they'll have no problem to find a guy with enough strength to spot for the players while they're lifting! These guys know how to work out without this guy hanging out in the locker room breathlessly waiting to rub them down! :P

Well apparently no one could help the team before Morton and Shultz come to town...I mean that Chargers game at the start of 2002 they were sucking wind before the kickoff...ugh.

Not to mention the very limited number of injuries they had this year. I may be a bit biased though cause I'm a former personal trainer.

Funny stuff to me because no one here probably knows this but Kurtis Shultz was a scrub basketball player at MD in the early 90s....

He has always been a big guy and became a trainer and when the Ravens came to town, he became essentially Ray's personal trainer, thus Marvin's connection...

Its funny to me because I remember just 10 years ago he was riding the pine for the Terps!

Looks like his career is on the up and up now

Funny stuff to me because no one here probably knows this but Kurtis Shultz was a scrub basketball player at MD in the early 90s....

He has always been a big guy and became a trainer and when the Ravens came to town, he became essentially Ray's personal trainer, thus Marvin's connection...

Its funny to me because I remember just 10 years ago he was riding the pine for the Terps!

Looks like his career is on the up and up now

His basketball career ( or lack there of ) was the subject of an article on him on Bengals.com. It was also listed in his bio, so most of us were aware of it ....... after the fact, but aware. His size, strength and background with Ray gave him a presence in the weight room no doubt, but it was Morton who put the program together, and we still got him. I'd liked to have seen schultz stay, but getting his replacement shouldn't be that big a deal..

.... :P I mean it's not like we just lost LeBeau or anything.