Anybody else hate Team Roush?

John Stofa

Begin rant ...

First off, my apologies if I offend anyone who is a fan of either Kurt Busch, Mark Martin, Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth or Carl Edwards. They are all talented throttle stompers and I have nothing against them personally.

However ... I HATE the big team concept in NASCAR and specifically Team Roush. I know Roush isn't the only guilty party, but he is the most guilty. The NASCAR rule is no owner can own more than two teams, and I know there are current owners as well as owners in the past who have gotten around this rule by having their spouse, brother, business partner, etc, put their name down as the owner when in fact they aren't. But Jack Roush has taken it to another level. He uses his wife and daughter's names as "owners" when in fact he is the owner and he calls all the shots. When have you ever seen an interview with his wife or daughter when one of the cars they "own" wins? Exactly. Never.

A team with five cars has too many testing advantages that other teams aren't able to have. It gives Roush an unfair advantage. Owners like Hendricks, Gibbs and Penske have a similar advantage, but not as much as Roush has. It's no coincidence that every Cup race this year has been won by one of the big TEAMS, and the trend didn't just start this year. But in my opinion the separation between the "haves" and "have nots" in NASCAR is becoming bigger every year. There are a lot of good drivers out there, but the only ones who have a chance to win are the guys who drive for the big teams.

... end rant. :D

I'm looking forward to talking stock car racing with fellow bengal fans. WHO DEY!

However ... I HATE the big team concept in NASCAR and specifically Team Roush.  I know Roush isn't the only guilty party, but he is the most guilty.  The NASCAR rule is no owner can own more than two teams, and I know there are current owners as well as owners in the past who have gotten around this rule by having their spouse, brother, business partner, etc, put their name down as the owner when in fact they aren't.  But Jack Roush has taken it to another level.  He uses his wife and daughter's names as "owners" when in fact he is the owner and he calls all the shots.  When have you ever seen an interview with his wife or daughter when one of the cars they "own" wins?  Exactly.  Never.

A team with five cars has too many testing advantages that other teams aren't able to have.  It gives Roush an unfair advantage.  Owners like Hendricks, Gibbs and Penske have a similar advantage, but not as much as Roush has.  It's no coincidence that every Cup race this year has been won by one of the big TEAMS, and the trend didn't just start this year.  But in my opinion the separation between the "haves" and "have nots" in NASCAR is becoming bigger every year.  There are a lot of good drivers out there, but the only ones who have a chance to win are the guys who drive for the big teams. 

... end rant.  :D

I'm looking forward to talking stock car racing with fellow bengal fans.  WHO DEY!

Sounds like Nascar has fallen into the trap that has held Baseball in a death grip for so long, big, money laden teams are the only ones with a legitamate shot at winning consistently.

I will also add that if my wife ever meets Kurt Bush he will no longer be able to have kids after the viscious kick to the crotch that she would deliver.

Well it's easy to hate a winner, but I can't blame him for finding a loophole and jumping through it. If you found one in your tax form, wouldn't you use it to your advantage? That's all that Jack Roush has done.

I'm just hoping that it pays off in a Championship for Mark Martin. That poor guy was jobbed out of one of them, and narrowly missed another. He's a good clean driver who deserves to get at least one Championship before he retires this...er, next...uh, well when ever it is that he finally decides to actually retire from Cup racing! :rolleyes:

Sounds like Nascar has fallen into the trap that has held Baseball in a death grip for so long, big, money laden teams are the only ones with a legitamate shot at winning consistently.

Yea, but it's fundamentally different.

I don't mind the big teams competing, because it evolves the sport; better equipment, forcing other teams to do more, spend more, and align more creating more team-based racing (ie, the eventual RCR-DEI merger).

And frankly, with all the money NASCAR gets, the team's sponsorship money, there's no shortage of money. Roush just did it right, found a way through the system, but also he found GREAT drivers that sponsors were willing to spend more on. I can't say I hate Roush, and I can't say their team is anything but the next phase of the generation to NASCAR's evolution.

And this is only prevalent in the premier series. Of all the regional, weekly racing series, where an owner must start at, and drivers as well, the cup series should be the best equipment, teams, etc...

And you can't tell me having Roush there only fuels the competition that much more making for better storylines, new rivalries, etc...

Well it's easy to hate a winner, but I can't blame him for finding a loophole and jumping through it. If you found one in your tax form, wouldn't you use it to your advantage? That's all that Jack Roush has done.

That's just the problem though. Roush isn't finding a loophole or flying under the radar. He's not being sneaky or sly. NASCAR is allowing it. Everyone in the sport knows the situation and they have for years. Not just with Jack Roush, but with all of the owners who have more than the allowed number of teams. Why even have the rule if it isn't going to be enforced? If you like seeing the same three or four teams win every week I guess it's a good thing. But most fans I know don't like that.

At the same time, if you did enforce a rule now, then you could have a split like the Cart/Indy fiasco.

Don't even think it Josh. :angry:

That's just the problem though. Roush isn't finding a loophole or flying under the radar. He's not being sneaky or sly. NASCAR is allowing it.

Sure Nascar is allowing it John. Their allowing Hendricks to do it as well. In their opinion, (and mine as well) their not violating the rules by the letter, hence the term "loophole." As far as the pecentage of fans that like or don't like this, I feel it's a prettty even split right now, but note this....and keep it kind of on the "down low" because I'd hate for it to get out and become common knowlege...I have been wrong before!

That's just the problem though. Roush isn't finding a loophole or flying under the radar. He's not being sneaky or sly. NASCAR is allowing it. Everyone in the sport knows the situation and they have for years. Not just with Jack Roush, but with all of the owners who have more than the allowed number of teams. Why even have the rule if it isn't going to be enforced? If you like seeing the same three or four teams win every week I guess it's a good thing. But most fans I know don't like that.

Unfortunately (IMHO) NASCAR has became like Formula-1 - winning is based on the amount of money you spend and the quality of the engineers you can hire.

I miss the days when someone like Alan Kulwicki could own his own team and win a championship or Bill Elliot and his brothers could come out of the hills and Georgia and dominate the sport.

Big Money ruins all sports. If owners like Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones get their way it will ruin the NFL as well.

why do these posts go up here and not get moved? NOTHING to do with the Bengals

Well let me help you figure this out 'ROIIIDayton. Don't worry. I'll go rrreeeaaalllll ssssssllllooooowwwww. They don't get moved because they are properly posted in the Nascar forum to begin with, which by it's name alone identifies it as a forum that for posts that about Nascar racing, and not the Cincinnati Bengals.

You don't get around this site much do ya'? :wacko: FYI...there are other forums than the Bengals forum. The more well rounded individuals here are already down with this concept! :lol:

why do these posts go up here and not get moved?  NOTHING to do with the Bengals

Well let me help you figure this out 'ROIIIDayton. Don't worry. I'll go rrreeeaaalllll ssssssllllooooowwwww. They don't get moved because they are properly posted in the Nascar forum to begin with, which by it's name alone identifies it as a forum that for posts that about Nascar racing, and not the Cincinnati Bengals.

You don't get around this site much do ya'? :wacko: FYI...there are other forums than the Bengals forum. The more well rounded individuals here are already down with this concept! :lol:

Please, for the love of God. Ban this individual (Better yet, his IP) from your board. This guy is a psycho/ghost making machine. If you need proof go to the Bengals Insiders board and have a look-see. I came here to escape the madness that the Insiders has become.

Meanwhile, back to the topic at hand... I am a HUGE Mark Martin fan but I must reluctantly agree that the BIG teams do have an advantage over the smaller teams.

They may have 5 guys in the Chase and have alot of test dates still left. But i still much better be where JGR is right now. Having their guy leading the points. ;-)

True, but because of the stupid system, Stewart's points lead is suddenly cut from 200 or so down to 5. I love the "idea" of the championship chase, but the system really needs to be tweeked. It punishes the points leader bigtime. Last year was a perfect example, and I fear the same thing might happen this year.

I've tried to not worry about that and complain about that. The points system is not going to Change and Tony just now needs to cont what he has been doing for the past 12 weeks. If he loses this year but would have won unuder the old system oh well. Better luck next year to him then. I hope that doesn't happen this year and i hope he hangs on to win it but it is gonna be tough. If any driver can go against and beat the 5 Roush cars Tony is the guy to do it.