John Stofa

Obviously I'm not really John Stofa, but that's what I'll be going by on here. I chose that name because I've been a Bengals fan for as long as John Stofa's name has been connected with the organization. In other words, from Day One.

I'm 42, and call Lexington, KY home. But my family lived in Germantown, OH for 11 years, from 1966 until 1976. My Bengal roots run deep -- even though my dad has always been a Browns fan -- and I've remained diehard and loyal through thick and thin. There was way too much "thin" for way too long, but Marvin Lewis is turning things around and I couldn't be happier with the direction the team is going now.

Aside from the Bengals, other interests include golf, playing guitar, University of Kentucky sports (my alma mater), the Cincinnati Reds, stock car racing (dirt late models and nascar), woodworking and traveling. And the two real loves of my life ... my 12-year old son Taylor and 6-year old daughter Madison.

By the way, for those who don't know:

John Stofa was a QB for the Miami Dolphins when the Bengals made him the #1 pick in the 1968 supplemental draft. While Bob Johnson was the Bengals first college draft pick, John Stofa was, and always will be, officially the "first Bengal". Stofa played one season for the Bengals, then was traded back to the Dolphins. But he never started another NFL game because he was replaced by some talentless hack named Bob Griese. :rolleyes:

WHO DEY!!

Lessee here. You say you like the Bengals, Kentucky Wildcats, and Nascar? :blink: You and I sir will be getting along just fine! You're obviously a classy individual with discerning tastes. As a transplanted Kentuckian now living in Arizona, let me welcome you to the 'Zone!

Here's your free flag. nascarmedium3ua.gif Even though we have our own Nascar forum, we're still sort of a minority around here. Fly it proudly if you feel so inclined.

BTW, thanks for the little bit of trivia on that John Stofa. When you said...

I chose that name because I've been a Bengals fan for as long as John Stofa's name has been connected with the organization.
...I was thinking what in the hell is this guy talking about? Now I know. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome! I'll look forward to talking Bengals football with you guys, as well as UK football and UK basketball, NASCAR and all the other topics it appears this site includes. You guys have got one heck of a site here. I've only been on the internet for about three months, and I've been posting on the only good Bengals site I could find (Huddles), but now that I've found this one I can honestly say I'll be splitting my time between here and there.

By the way, I need to make a correction to the John Stofa history comments I made in my intro. I said he "played" one year with the Bengals, but I should have said he "started" one year with the Bengals. I think he was actually on the team for two seasons.

WHO DEY! :player:

By the way, for those who don't know:

John Stofa was a QB for the Miami Dolphins when the Bengals made him the #1 pick in the 1968 supplemental draft. While Bob Johnson was the Bengals first college draft pick, John Stofa was, and always will be, officially the "first Bengal". Stofa played one season for the Bengals, then was traded back to the Dolphins. But he never started another NFL game because he was replaced by some talentless hack named Bob Griese. :rolleyes:

WHO DEY!!

I knew that name looked familiar. Been racking my brain trying to figure out where I'd seen it. :D

Welcome to the site!!! :player:

I've only been on the internet for about three months

Whoa! That long eh? :rolleyes:

I've been posting on the only good Bengals site I could find (Huddles), but now that I've found this one I can honestly say I'll be splitting my time between here and there.

That's a fine fan site as well. How could it not be? They're about the Bengals too aren't they? :player: I'm a member at many other Bengals/NFL teams Fan Forums beside Bengalszone which just happens to be the one I'm most comfortable at. May I also suggest these links:CincyBengals.com, Go-Bengals.com, and the visually stunning but graphically intensive (so it's best viewed with a faster machine or a good video card) BengalsJungle. Any of these sites, along with The Official Website Of The Cincinnati Bengals - Bengals.com of course, will serve any fan who wears Bengal Stripes on their heart quite well!

See you around the forums Johnny!

I'm a member at many other Bengals/NFL teams Fan Forums beside Bengalszone which just happens to be the one I'm most comfortable at.

There are other Bengals fan sites on the net besides Bengalszone? :blink:

OH!! Uh...No Mien Furher! They are lies, LIES I say! ***wanders off to hide...

Hey welcome here there glad you done stoped by there Jon. Like I always done said if it aint NASCAR!!! it aint nothin, sure nuff.

Wow! Cool Nascar graphic ya got there Jeff! I wonder where you got it? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

LOL ... there are, but I have to say I haven't seen one that offers everything this site offers. It's going to be hard for me to stay away from this place. Also, this internet stuff has quickly become a passion and I tend to post in bunches, so forgive me if I get carried away at times and you see lots of "John Stofa" posts like this morning). :wacko:

LOL ... there are, but I have to say I haven't seen one that offers everything this site offers. It's going to be hard for me to stay away from this place. Also, this internet stuff has quickly become a passion and I tend to post in bunches, so forgive me if I get carried away at times and you see lots of "John Stofa" posts like this morning). :wacko:

Understandable!

I've been here a month and a half, and I've been post-happy the entire time. It's a great site no doubt. :player:

I've been here a month and a half, and I've been post-happy the entire time.

"Post Happy" doesn't begin to describe you TDB! I say it's closer to "Certified Posting Maniac!" I fully expect you to surpass my post total within three to six months. You probably go through at least one keyboard a month. :rolleyes:

I've been here a month and a half, and I've been post-happy the entire time.

"Post Happy" doesn't begin to describe you TDB! I say it's closer to "Certified Posting Maniac!" I fully expect you to surpass my post total within three to six months. You probably go through at least one keyboard a month. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

In fact, just yesterday I had to pitch a keyboard because of a dead space bar!

Maybe I have a wee bit too much time on my hands. Just love talking football, or other various mundane topics. :player: