Huddle Report Mock Draft

Slope

www.thehuddlereport.com

How does this look for the Bengals?

1 17 BENGALS DT - RANDY STARKS - MARYLAND - C

Alternatives: CB - DERRICK STRAIT - OKLAHOMA - P, OG/OT - VERNON CAREY - MIAMI - D, ILB - JONATHAN VILMA - MIAMI - T, WR - RASHAUN WOODS - OKLAHOMA ST - T

2 50 BENGALS OG - JUSTIN SMILEY - ALABAMA - C

Alternatives: CB - AHMAD CARROLL - ARKANSAS - P, OC - JAKE GROVE - VIRGINIA TECH - C, WR - MICHAEL JENKINS - OHIO ST - T, ILB - DARYL SMITH - GEORGIA TECH - T

3 81 BENGALS OT - TONY PAPE - MICHIGAN - D

Alternatives: WR - ERNEST WILFORD - VIRGINIA TECH - T, CB - GREG BROOKS - SO MISSISSIPPI - P, RB - GREG JONES - FLORIDA ST - B, ILB - ROD DAVIS - SO MISSISSIPPI - T

4 114 BENGALS OC - ALEX STEPANOVICH - OHIO ST - C

Alternatives: CB - JOEY THOMAS - MONTANA ST - P, WR - BJ JOHNSON - TEXAS - T, S - DEXTER REID - NORTH CAROLINA - B, TE - JASON PETERS - ARKANSAS - B

5 145 BENGALS CB - JEREMY LASEUER - MICHIGAN - P

Alternatives: S - TONY BUA - ARKANSAS - B, RB - BRANDON MIREE - PITTSBURGH - B, DE - TERRY JOHNSON - WASHINGTON - B, DT - AMON GORDON - STANFORD - B

6 178 BENGALS OLB - DEMORRIO WILLIAMS - NEBRASKA - B

Alternatives: S - KEITH LEWIS - OREGON - B, DE - SHAWN JOHNSON - DELAWARE - B, WR - JAMES TERRY - KANSAS ST - T, OG - JACOB BELL - MIAMI OH - B

7 209 BENGALS WR - PK SAM - FLORIDA ST - T

Alternatives: DT - JEREMEY WILLIAMS - WASHINGTON ST - B, S - GERALD JONES - SAN JOSE ST - B, DE - JORGE CORDOVA - NEVADA - B, RB - CLARENCE FARMER - ARIZONA - B

yeah but then i see 150 times with chris gamble and 50 more with D.J Williams so who knows

Mock Drafts are like trying to pick lottery numbers...after about the first few picks mock drafts go out the window...

I'm hearing that Karlos Dansby (USA Today), Jonathon Vilma or even Tommie Harris is who are the Bengals will draft. Its really nothing but rumors right now, but to get Tommie Harris would be absolutely amazing.

Also, If the Bengals get Chris Gamble, help us all. He had one good year and this year wasn't that great. The Bengals would be much better off to get someone like Antoine Winfield or Ahmed Plummer.

Hello everyone, I'm new here so please bear with me if I state the obvious.. we do that a lot in England

Didn't get to see the senior bowl cos they don't show it on tv in the UK, but I read on bengals.com today that Will Allen may be around in the 4th.. does anyone think he looks a good prospect there? I'm thinking the following scenario, unless we hit the jackpot in free agency:

1st. D-Line ( Udeze preferably, but Randy Starks or another stud DT will be fine)

2nd. D-line again ( DT, presuming better depth there than at end. )

3rd. O-line ( Stepanovich maybe? )

4th. Will Allen

5th. Linebacker

6th. O-line

7th. Punter

Maybe I'm wrong but surely the line is the biggest problem? D-line contributes more against the pass than the secondary does against the run IMHO so drafting d-line ahead of secondary will have a greater overall effect on our D. (I'm also considering who's gonna have a bigger impact this year, Weathersby or Elton Patterson.)

The other question I had was to do with free agency; does anyone have a link for good quality info on who's available so I don't have to ask stuff that you've probably all discussed to death before? Obviously we'd be looking at the same positions but some are gonna be less pricey than others surely? A shutdown corner will cost more $$ than an O-lineman for instance?

UKStripes - hello there yon sassenach and welcome to the wonderful world of the Bengals!

A link that was floated around previously for Free Agents is:-

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2004_free_agents.htm

Hope this helps/is of some interest.

Hahahahaha I got this one Billy. "Sassenach" is a scottish term for people south of the border, i.e. the english. I do believe it's actually an abusive Gaelic term but in modern usage it's taken as gentle fun rather than a vicious insult.

Related to my earlier post, Jevon Kearse in FA from the titans; thoughts please? Unless he plays the same end as Justin Smith in which case I be quiet and look shamefaced.

Related to my earlier post, Jevon Kearse in FA from the titans; thoughts please? Unless he plays the same end as Justin Smith in which case I be quiet and look shamefaced.

Kearse hasn't been healthy in years...I wouldn't waste the cap space needed to sign him to the IR.

a snickers bar and a pack of marlboros' .. now that's what i'm talking about...lol

I like uk stripes direction towards his draft, but I feel that Will Allen's playmaking ability and nose for the ball could land him in round 3.

He's a playmaker, for a good ohio state defense,and that says something.He has good intangibles and you have to think that Marvin Lewis liked his performance in the senior bowl with less than a week's practice.

Had a couple of tackles and i saw him break up at least 2 passes.