Week 1 /The Browns game thread....

combatbengal

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure the Bengals will beat the Browns. Under Marvin, they have always struggled on the road (Well they've struggled since 1990 for that matter) and started slow. The Bengals have to prove that things have changed. Therefore, i feel the game will be close, with either team capable of winning. Palmer appears to be average at best (i understand he should improve, but currently he is average), the defense is porous (still), and the only consistent offence is running the ball. I think this game will be decided by a turnover. Lets hope Dilfer plays his own brand of football and we can leave with the W.

I'm not so sure the Bengals will beat the Browns.  Under Marvin, they have always struggled on the road (Well they've struggled since 1990 for that matter) and started slow.  The Bengals have to prove that things have changed.  Therefore, i feel the game will be close, with either team capable of winning.  Palmer appears to be average at best (i understand he should improve, but currently he is average), the defense is porous (still), and the only consistent offence is running the ball.  I think this game will be decided by a turnover.  Lets hope Dilfer plays his own brand of football and we can leave with the W.

;) Now .... I'm easy to confuse I'll admit, but you gotta help me out here. On one of your other posts ( I read them to see if you were a Bengals or Browns fan ) you said you thought we'd start off fast. Now you say that your not sure we can beat the Browns ........ and that's OK .... That's why we play the games, because on any given Sunday and all that.

Thing is though, we come back to Cincy the next week to play the Vikings. They are a playoff calibre team that imho would have a real shot at coming in here and beating us. If you're not sure we can beat the Browns, then I imagine that you'd agree that we may not beat the Vikes either which leads to the question. Do you think 0 and 2 is getting off to a fast start ????????

Now I'm not picking on you, but you are a bit hard to read. Bax is consistently gloom and doom " Hang it up" " We suck ". That's OK. That's his thing and he does it. You on the other hand seem to be unsure sometimes .... I think ....... I'm not sure. ???????? :blink:

I'm not so sure the Bengals will beat the Browns.  Under Marvin, they have always struggled on the road (Well they've struggled since 1990 for that matter) and started slow.  The Bengals have to prove that things have changed.  Therefore, i feel the game will be close, with either team capable of winning.  Palmer appears to be average at best (i understand he should improve, but currently he is average), the defense is porous (still), and the only consistent offence is running the ball.  I think this game will be decided by a turnover.  Lets hope Dilfer plays his own brand of football and we can leave with the W.

;) Now .... I'm easy to confuse I'll admit, but you gotta help me out here. On one of your other posts ( I read them to see if you were a Bengals or Browns fan ) you said you thought we'd start off fast. Now you say that your not sure we can beat the Browns ........ and that's OK .... That's why we play the games, because on any given Sunday and all that.

Thing is though, we come back to Cincy the next week to play the Vikings. They are a playoff calibre team that imho would have a real shot at coming in here and beating us. If you're not sure we can beat the Browns, then I imagine that you'd agree that we may not beat the Vikes either which leads to the question. Do you think 0 and 2 is getting off to a fast start ????????

Now I'm not picking on you, but you are a bit hard to read. Bax is consistently gloom and doom " Hang it up" " We suck ". That's OK. That's his thing and he does it. You on the other hand seem to be unsure sometimes .... I think ....... I'm not sure. ???????? :blink:

Hey buddy, i just searched all my posts (this being my 20th, so you can do it to), and never once did i talk about a fast start. In fact, 3 of my last 4 talk of a possible loss to Cleveland. Finally, i think the Vikings will be the NFC's representative in the Superbowl. By the way, i think if the Bengals want to make the playoffs they must start fast.

P.S. I am a Bengals fan, just with curbed enthusiam after being let down 14 years in a row.

While most everyone on the board proclaims a victory Sunday (Im no exception), upsets happen every week....

What are some plays that can hurt the Browns? I think having CJ and KDub going long with TJ ( in the slot ) doing a post pattern will open it up for Chris Perry on a swing pass all day long...

Is Rudi going to be able to run effectively to give us 3rd and short allot?

As for the Browns hurting us....could it be Ruben Droughns and William Green running on us?? They've both had big games on us before...

Will their TE's be a big factor as far as moving the ball.. I don't see them hurting us long but we have a tendency to give up the big pass to the Browns ( anyone for that matter!)..

Are they going to try and isolate Pollack ( assuming he gets allot of reps) with the TE to see if he can cover ( its been noted that he didn't look good covering )

Can Levi hold off their DE consistently? He's been having probs with his knee..

Id like some input into what plays you think we can hurt them with and what we may have to watch out for to be victorious....

I expect Rudi to be the MVP of the game if we win it. Last year their run defense finished at a lofty 32nd. They dumped their entire defensive line in Denver, and I don't know what to expect from Crennel's replacements. I expect us to shove the ball right at Alvin McKinley and Orpheus Roy. Rudi should do well in that plan, and that would open up all kinds of options later in the game.

Chris Perry should see plenty of action in the same manner you mentioned. His success would further open up the passing game, and that'd give Chad opportunities to get open deep.

T.J. is the x-factor of the passing game. If he plays well, that would open up so many more plays, but if he struggles, the coverage will be able to focus on Chad.

The Browns offense will have problems, but I am worried about Northcutt and Edwards running all over Ohalete on post routes, but Dilfer has to get them the ball.

I don't know about the specific predictions, all I know is the Bengals better bring the freakin' wood on Sunday. We can all remember those games it just seems like they are sleep walking. ML has been preaching "fast start", I hope so. It would be awesome to see them come out with a tough attitude and just physically beat the hell out of the Browns and set the tone for the season. I wish it was tomorrow, WHO DEY!!! IN MARVIN WE TRUST!!!

Nice breakdown on how we can attack and beat them Touchdown..

I enjoy reading how we will attack and be attacked as opposed to just

"Carson or Rudi will get X amount of yards" type posts...

I like to know how we'll do it .....thanks again.

I enjoyed his in depth outlook on the game as well, but unless "Touchdown_Bengals" is in reality Marvin Lewis's undercover moniker he uses here to leak critical game information early, I wouldn't exactly take any or all of that to the bank, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Some of that is probable. Especially the steady diet of Rudi Johnson their untested defensive line is apt to see on Sunday. After that, who know's?

So Touchdown...you're not really Marvin, are you? You can tell me. I'll keep it on the down-low I swear!!

It would be awesome to see them come out with a tough attitude and just physically beat the hell out of the Browns and set the tone for the season.

IMO, there will be no fast start to anything except another 8-8 season unless this happens just as you say Mr.=W's. The win needs to be a dominating one from start to finish with no "sleepwalking" lapses. Another offensive shootout like what occured in the last meeting will not be good, I don't care if we do win the game.

If we can't hold Cleveland to less than 17-20 points maximum, it'll become a nightmare when we do face teams with competent offensive attacks. I've said it before. Our playoff hopes and dreams ride with the Bengals defense and their performance, not the offense.

Rudi goes huge against a soft Browns defense.

Palmer doesn't throw for a ton of yards, but the passing game will only be used to set up the run.

Bengals 38, Browns 21

Nice breakdown on how we can attack and beat them Touchdown..

I enjoy reading how we will attack and be attacked as opposed to just

"Carson or Rudi will get X amount of yards" type posts...

I like to know how we'll do it .....thanks again.

I enjoyed his in depth outlook on the game as well, but unless "Touchdown_Bengals" is in reality Marvin Lewis's undercover moniker he uses here to leak critical game information early, I wouldn't exactly take any or all of that to the bank, if you know what I'm sayin'.

No, I'm not Marvin, I admit it. :(

I'm actually Mrs. Cleo. ;)

Hey buddy, i just searched all my posts (this being my 20th, so you can do it to), and never once did i talk about a fast start. In fact, 3 of my last 4 talk of a possible loss to Cleveland. Finally, i think the Vikings will be the NFC's representative in the Superbowl. By the way, i think if the Bengals want to make the playoffs they must start fast.

P.S. I am a Bengals fan, just with curbed enthusiam after being let down 14 years in a row.

WE WILL KICK THE BROWNS ASSES BECAUSE WE ARE THE BENGALS ARE WE ROXOR RULE AND WE WILL WIN BY A SCORE OF 47-0 AND THE NFL BELONGS TO US AND OUR OFFENSE IF THE BEST EVER AND OUR DEFENSE CAN'T BE CONTAINED 16-0 AND A TRIP TO DETROIT WHERE WE WIN THE SB 55-0 OVER THE EAGLES!

B) You just can't count on anything anymore ......... Ya know ????????

P.S.  I am a Bengals fan, just with curbed enthusiam after being let down 14 years in a row.

I think this year just may be the year that enthusiasm of yours can step it's butt off the curb! :player:

Bengals 72 Browns 61

God I hope not. If the defense give up 61 to the Browns, there's no point in hoping for any post season appearances!