Cleveland Cavaliers

Stripes

NBA sleeper team for the coming season (according to the one and only me).... The Milwaukee Bucks.

:blink: You can like whatever team you want to like, but Andrew Bogut isn't going to turn that team around immediately.

Heh, I don't even like the Bucks. I just think they have have the potential to surprise people this year. Nothing major, of course, but maybe steal a playoff birth from a more lauded team.

The best I think the Bucks can do this year is a break even 41 - 41. That might be on the verge of the playoffs, but more likely to be just shy of it. Even if they make it into the playoffs the Heat or the Pistons or, dare I say it, the Bulls will have their way with them. Besides, it's way too early to make playoff prognostications for 2006. Now when the preseason comes around...

The best I think the Bucks can do this year is a break even 41 - 41. That might be on the verge of the playoffs, but more likely to be just shy of it. Even if they make it into the playoffs the Heat or the Pistons or, dare I say it, the Bulls will have their way with them. Besides, it's way too early to make playoff prognostications for 2006. Now when the preseason comes around...

I don't think anyone has to make playoff prognostications. If the Finals don't consist of the Heat and the Spurs, then I know absolutely nothing about this sport.

I don't think anyone has to make playoff prognostications. If the Finals don't consist of the Heat and the Spurs, then I know absolutely nothing about this sport.

:lol: I was thinking of the other teams that make it into the playoffs, not the ones in the championship, because as you say, that's already a foregone conclusion.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sure y'all can guess number one.

Oh, yeah! Take the championship team last year and add Finley, Van Exel and Oberto. This year is gonna be fun times in river city!

Yep, you guys should dominate the league more-so than in recent championship years. The Cavs have to make the playoffs before I consider them a top ten team, or even close. Damon Jones will help.

Post # 1500 :bengal:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
NBA sleeper team for the coming season (according to the one and only me).... The Milwaukee Bucks. I like this basketball team and I like Andrew Bogut. Since my Cavs failed to steal away Michael Redd, they still have their scoring machine, and now may have found that inside presence to take them far.

So far, I think I can pat myself on the back for this one, with the Bucks having started the season at 4-1. Still, they certainly have some holes to take care of before they will ever be reguarded as a real contender. The defense has been terrible, and they need to get it going on the road.

The Cavaliers have also looked good early in the year, at a solid 5-2. It will be very tough for the Cavaliers to maintain any high perch in the standings, as they are stuck in the best division in basektball. The Pistons, Bucks, and Pacers all also have winning records, and the last place Bulls are at .500.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why should people hop on the Pistons bandwagon? They will just let you down again like they did last year. You're reading a little too much into their win today. The Spurs have never been a December team and as long as Pop is coach, they will never be a December team. They have a respectable record at 21 - 6, but it's not a great mark; there's still a lot for this team to work on and improve. Sure, the Pistons won today, but don't think that means that you're going to win it all.