Cleveland Cavaliers

Stripes

I've had to look deep into my inner being, and ask myself a question of dignity and integrity.

Is it right for me to support the Cavaliers?

Given my disliking of the Browns and Indians for obvious reasons, should I be looking to Cleveland for a basketball team even if Cincinnati doesn't have one to offer? Should I go with the closer to home but out of state Pacers?

Should I stick with 'Bron's boys?

I just don't know.

I'm the same way -- I wouldn't be a Spurs fan if I didn't live here. The crazy thing is that the organization is so well run that that our core players are all signed for the next few years. And we have even more coming up through our "European farm teams." It's way too early to start thinking about the "D" word, but provided nothing weird happens and the team says injury free, we should be right up there in contention for the next few years. It's a great feeling.

I'm the same way -- I wouldn't be a Spurs fan if I didn't live here. The crazy thing is that the organization is so well run that that our core players are all signed for the next few years. And we have even more coming up through our "European farm teams." It's way too early to start thinking about the "D" word, but provided nothing weird happens and the team says injury free, we should be right up there in contention for the next few years. It's a great feeling.

I think the Cavaliers would be right up there in contention if they'd just put some effort into getting a perimeter shooter. LeBron is shaping up to be the best in the league, and I want the success of the team to reflect that sooner than later.

Yeah, every team needs balance, LeBron or no. We know what LeBron can do... now it's up to the Cavs organization to bring in the right compliments to LeBron.

As for your original question, I can't really answer because I lived so far away from Indy, I didn't consider them to be "near by." And my Akron cousins were big Cavs/Browns/Indians fans, so I couldn't support the Cavs one bit as that would have been seen as caving into them. If anything, I was on the Chicago bandwagon during the MJ years.

• 2 weeks later...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2154564

The Cavaliers have signed Damon Jones, formerly of the Miami Heat. He made 225 three point baskets last year. The Cavs have sorely needed an outside shooter, and maybe they've finally found him. Expect LeBron's numbers to continue increasing, and Jones to get the Cavaliers into the playoffs.

I guess I could give my own personal perspective

I grew up near Cincy and was raised to hate everythign Cleveland, Indians, Cavs, Browns all of them. Since then I have moved to norhtern ohio and have found myself checking out the Cavs more and more. I'm not a huge NBA fan till the playoffs come around, so it's mostley Cavs highlights right now.

I look to see a lot f them this year B)

I guess I could give my own personal perspective

I grew up near Cincy and was raised to hate everythign Cleveland, Indians, Cavs, Browns all of them. Since then I have moved to norhtern ohio and have found myself checking out the Cavs more and more. I'm not a huge NBA fan till the playoffs come around, so it's mostley Cavs highlights right now.

I look to see a lot f them this year B)

Same here about being raised to hate Cleveland. I never really cared about the NBA until recently with LeBron getting hyped up so much, and with him being an Ohio grown product, I couldn't help but start watching. Now I guess you could call me a fan, though it pains me to say so!

go rockets!!!

YAO 4 MVP!

If any Rockets win the MVP, I'd place my money on T-Mac, not Yao.

lol, yea im a big rockets fan and a big yao fan, well we need to win games fast this year, lets do it!!

Now that LeBron has an outside shooter to lean on, I'm calling him the MVP already. If he can even repeat last year's numbers AND make the playoffs, it's a shoe in!

go rockets!!!

YAO 4 MVP!

lol, yea im a big rockets fan and a big yao fan, well we need to win games fast this year, lets do it!!

Now that LeBron has an outside shooter to lean on, I'm calling him the MVP already. If he can even repeat last year's numbers AND make the playoffs, it's a shoe in!

Announcer: LEBRON GOES FOR THE FREETHROW LINE DUNK!!!!

AND YAO BLOCKS IT

The crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this true what im hearing? I think the staidum is chanting

YAO FOR MVP!!

yep i think its going to happen

go rockets!!!

YAO 4 MVP!

Announcer: LEBRON GOES FOR THE FREETHROW LINE DUNK!!!!

AND YAO BLOCKS IT

The crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this true what im hearing? I think the staidum is chanting

YAO FOR MVP!!

yep i think its going to happen

Yao has to stop being so polite! He'd block LeBron's shot, but then bow next to him and beg forgiveness! :P

Get a little fire in his game, and he'd be sick!

Yao is a bitch in my opinion(not meaning to piss anyone off, OK) I wish I could be that big, or be a lineman in football, just so I could eat whatever I wanted ;) . Yao is a stick figure out there and just doesn't have a winning attitude. Put just a little Barkley attitude in that guy and he would dominate

Hey are there any KNICKS fans out there? I doubt it... :lol::lol: cant help it when I 1st started watching B-BALL I watched CLIDE F. and WILLIS REED and the rest of the KNICKS in the late 60s and early 70s so im still with them.. :rolleyes:

Hey are there any KNICKS fans out there? I doubt it... :lol::lol: cant help it when I 1st started watching B-BALL I watched CLIDE F. and WILLIS REED and the rest of the KNICKS in the late 60s and early 70s so im still with them.. :rolleyes:

What do you think about the Knicks picking up Larry Brown? Will they be the latest team he takes to the finals, and then leaves again? :P I guess I'd take that!

NBA sleeper team for the coming season (according to the one and only me).... The Milwaukee Bucks. I like this basketball team and I like Andrew Bogut. Since my Cavs failed to steal away Michael Redd, they still have their scoring machine, and now may have found that inside presence to take them far.

Hey are there any KNICKS fans out there? I doubt it... :lol:  :lol:  cant help it when I 1st started watching B-BALL I watched CLIDE F. and WILLIS REED and the rest of the KNICKS in the late 60s and early 70s so im still with them.. :rolleyes:

What do you think about the Knicks picking up Larry Brown? Will they be the latest team he takes to the finals, and then leaves again? :P I guess I'd take that!

Man I dont know TDB its gonna be a rough row to hoe!!! :blink: