Bring on the Broncos

kevnz

Well, it's that time of the year again. The Broncos are coming to town for the first game of the Marvin Lewis era. While I'm not gonna go way out on a limb and predict a score, I do say the Bengals will win the game simply because the defense will put pressure on Jake Plummer and when he is pressured he turns the ball over. Plus the fact that Denvers defense leaves something to be desired and I think CD will have another big day against the Broncos

The Bengals should win their opener. I score it CIN 28 - DEN 24.

I have not been ultra-impressed watching Plummer. The only real danger is a big day by Portis.

The Bengals win IF, and I mean IF, they can shore up their special team play.

Should the special teams botch it up again, look for a long day: DEN 35 - CIN 20

I don't see Portis having a big day. The Bengals front seven are very talented and athletic and that should keep Portis in check. The Bengals real weakness is their secondary and that could be exploited but not by a QB the caliber of Jake Plummer.

The Bengals win IF, and I mean IF, they can shore up their special team play.

Should the special teams botch it up again, look for a long day: DEN 35 - CIN 20

I think Coach is taking steps to correct the shoddy special teams play. And if Im right Id say 24-9 Bengals win. Cant wait till Sunday. Who-Dey Nooooobody! :D

What I've read here is just sad. I want the Bengals to beat Denver as bad as anyone here, but you guys need a good strong dose of reality and you're going to get one on Sunday when the Bengals lose, and lose big, to Denver.

Our team CAN move the ball, but they have real trouble getting it into the end zone. We then have to rely on a kicking game? What kicking game?

I read that Marvin spent the majority of his time drilling special teams this year. What? Did I hear right on this? Show me the $ Marvin.

Let's face facts. Marvin is going to get it done. It may take 2-3 years. If he stays that long he will produce a winner. Remember when Chuck Knoll took over the Steelers in 1970? His 1st season as head coach they had 1 win. Then he drafted 6 future HOF'ers and the rest is history.

My point is don't hype this team until they've earned it, otherwise you're setting yourself and the other gullible losers up for a big Bengal fall this season.

Show me some wins and I'll hand out the kudos.

Boomerfan,

thats all well and good....but the bengals will win

1- the broncos are going to be keying on CD

2- it will open up the passing game

3- the A-team will be playing not the B&C

4- when the broncos adjust to the passing game it will open holes in the Broncos d-fence for the running game and CD will take advantage

5- the broncos have a YOUNG new QB

6- the Bengals D will take advantage of the Broncos QB's first start

I COULD NAME ALOT MORE REASONS FOR A WIN ON SUNDAY BUT I THINK I DID ENOUGH

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Hmmm...where are the compelling reasons?

1 - could I not say that the Bengals will be keying on CP? (who will be the best RB on the field tomorrow by the way) that doesn't really seem like a reason to say that the Bengals will win anymore than it's a reason to say the Broncos will win.

2 - see #1, except factor in the proven experience of the Broncos receiving corps vs. the Bengals

3 - I'm pretty sure the Broncos will also be playing their A team

4 - see #1

5 - a Young QB who has started 22 more games than Kitna has

6 - perhaps -- it remains to be seen how well Jake can adjust to a new team and a new system

Corey Dillon's best season:

1435 yards 4.6 avg. 7 TDs

Clinton Portis' best (and only) season:

1508 yards 5.5 avg 15 TDs

Don't misunderstand me -- I think Dillon is a great back...one of the best in the NFL. However, CP will be in the same ballpark tomorrow, and he will be the best RB in that ballpark.

I'm not the only one who thinks this. This is from a recent article about Portis:

At an offseason autograph signing show, Bo Jackson, one of the most talented running backs to play the game, told Portis: "I enjoyed watching you play. You're an exciting guy."

At another autograph signing show, Jim Brown, maybe the most talented player to play the game, told Portis: "You're going to be a great back."

Last week, Eric Dickerson, one of four running backs in NFL history to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season, dialed up Portis to predict the Broncos back would sidestep the sophomore jinx like some helpless defender.

More kind words came from Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes and Edgerrin James, each praising Portis for developing into the NFL's offensive rookie of the year and one of the most dangerous backs in the game.

It was as if the fraternity of great backs was welcoming Portis like the top pledge he is.

"To have compliments coming from those guys," Portis said this weekend, "you're doing something right."

Take pride in your team win/loose BOOMERFAN no one around here needs your wisecracks and the words you speaks dont help the team/the city or yourself get anybetter...

.A true bengals fan loves the bengals win/loose and would stick up for them :P and even fight for them :P