Our division gets tougher...

The Brew Man

Pettite will have a horrible season as long as he's not a team named the Yankees. If you look at his ERA compared to the runs scored per game by the Yankees, I'd be surprised if his winning percentage was abolve .400. Clemens you could make an argument for, but his fast ball has reached lows, I'm sure his offseason program has suffered considerable scheduling due to his tooling around before his announcement. The offense is full of old guys which can't produce nearly as well as they used to; the Atros (in case you haven't noticed) don't concern me at all. I think the Reds can compete with them.

It doesn't matter who the Cards put in the lineup, it could be their Rookie A ball team and the Reds will still lose. For some reason, they have had our number for awhile now. :angry:

The Cubs are the team to beat not only in the NL Central, but I really believe in the National League. They should have won it last season but a fluke and an obsession with a kiddy joke of a curse (A FREAKIN' GOAT???) fused their minds into destruction. With a solid foundation of pitching and a core of bought bats and a little juice, it's going to be hard for anyone to beat the Cubs.

Yea, the Reds are in trouble and the light for help is about as dead as a full eclipse. God willing, OBrien will turn things around or if anything (and I say this loosely as hell) bring Rose back to the organization. But that's a can of worms that I'm not going to reopen, that's in another thread.

Pettite will have a horrible season as long as he's not a team named the Yankees. If you look at his ERA compared to the runs scored per game by the Yankees, I'd be surprised if his winning percentage was abolve .400. Clemens you could make an argument for, but his fast ball has reached lows, I'm sure his offseason program has suffered considerable scheduling due to his tooling around before his announcement. The offense is full of old guys which can't produce nearly as well as they used to; the Atros (in case you haven't noticed) don't concern me at all. I think the Reds can compete with them.

You forget our pitching staff, or the lack thereof...

I'm not a real big Clemmons fan. He's gotten shelled in a couple of games where the Yankees really needed him to come through for them. Aside from that, he's a head hunter. I don't care what he or anyone else on the Yankees says, he throws at peoples heads. The better they've hit off of him the more likely he is to bounce one off their batting helmet. Ask Piazza.

My biggest problem with it is that he's good enough that he doesn't have to resort to crap like that. That and the fact that he should have been ejected every time he did it. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps doing that now that he's in the National League and he knows if he does that he'll face direct rataliation from the opposing pitcher. I'd be tempted to bean the bastard first just in case he was thinking about doing it to one of my batters.