More Fantasy football Advice

Wraith

I am allowed to keep 1 QB, 1RB, 1 WR, 1TM/PK, 1 any position. This is a 14 team league.

I have: Favre and Palmer as my two QBs

Holmes, Green, Barlow as my three RBs (I also have Onterrio Smith but well, I am not keeping the Whizzinator)

Issac Bruce, Chris Chambers, McCareins, Brandon Lloyd, and Hakin as my WRs

Crumpler and Daniel Graham as my TEs

Shayne Graham as my PK

and the Cardinals as my D

I am going to keep Holmes, Palmer, and Graham as my RB, QB, and PK. Need help with my WR and any position I currently have Bruce as my keeper as WR but Chambers and McCareins are also good options and I am torn between Crumpler (who I have as the #3 TE this year) and Green (I am worried about his O-Line) as my any position. Currently neither Gonzalez nor Gates are being kept by their respective teams so there is a chance I could pick one of them in the first round so I currently have Green as my last Keeper.

Any advice you might give would be valuable the draft is today.

I am allowed to keep 1 QB, 1RB, 1 WR, 1TM/PK, 1 any position.

In a 14 team league, RB's are far and away the scarcest commodity. My suggestion:

QB: Palmer (In a 1 year league, Favre is more valuable, but Palmer is rated MUCH higher in a KEEPER league).

RB: Priest Holmes is the best fantasy back in football when healthy, and worthless when banged up - get Larry Johnson soonest. (Rounds 3 - 4)

WR: Chambers is the better guy in a Keeper league - Bruce MAY have 1 year left, but may not.

TM/PK - Might as well keep Graham

Bonus - Ahman Green, without a doubt. Unless you have one of the first 3 - 4 picks in the draft, you will not be able to get anybody of his caliber in the draft (assuming the top 17 - 18 RB's are gone). RB's win championships! You can handcuff Davenport later in the draft.

This will allow you to get the BPA - A #1 WR, back-up QB, or a 3rd RB - with your 1st round pick.

QB: I totally agree about keeping Palmer. Favre would be better if it wasn't a keeper league, but Palmer should have a year close to Favre, and will be in the league much longer. I don't really expect Favre to finish this year out uninjured either.

RB: You must keep Holmes, and I totally agree with handcuffing Larry Johnson as soon as you can, just in case.

WR: Do you HAVE to keep one of those guys? Honestly, I guess I'd go with Chambers, but your WR core kinda sucks.

PK: Definately keep Graham, he is good for fantasy.

Xtra: I agree with Green. I wouldn't bother with Davenport though, not if you can grab someone like J. Arrington, L. Jordan, etc. in the draft over him. RBs definately win championships.

Since it's a keeper league, I'd also try to grab one of the young WRs like Braylon Edwards, Chris Henry, etc. so that you can improve the junk you have at the position in the draft.

QB: Palmer is a keeper. Brett could breakdown at any given moment. High risk.

Other possible keepers I like: Warner (AZ) and Collins (OAK)

RB: Holmes fall in the Brett F category. Could detonate early. Johnson would be solid. Sleepers I like: Jordan (OAK) Jones (DAL) and Lloyd (NYG)

WR: Chambers is only OK. Revamp this line-up asap. Options: Burleson (MIN) Fitzgerald (AZ) Calico (TEN) TJ (CIN) and Clayton (TB)

Extra: Go with a young RB like Brown (MIA) Brown (CHI) Williams (TB) even Arrington (AZ) or maybe even Perry. Gates should continue to produce. Heap may produce if healthy.

D- I like TB and Carolina.

In defense of my sad receiver corp keep in mind that at the beginning of last year Chambers was a star in the making he had 963 yards with 11 TDs in 2003 and was young, it looked like the Dolphins were going have a solid offense with Ricky pounding the ball (the draft was before-Ricky). Bruce is a great #2 WR and McCareins was also a star in the making having a very solid 2003 for the Titans and being the big free agent acquistion that was going to put the Jets over the top and dethroneing the Patriots in the AFC East....none of that happened so I have to pick up the pieces.

Many of the guys you have mentioned are being wisely kept by their respective league. First year WRs don't have great Fantasy Football track records. I am targeting Roy Williams, Reggie Wayne, Donald Driver, Nate Burleson, Lee Evans, and Larry Fitzgerald as early round additions to my WR corp. Some idiot is releasing Steven Jackson so he is my no. 1 pick right now followed by Gates and Gonzalez. I have Carnell Williams as a first round pick because he got his ass to camp on time. After that it is all WR all the time. for probably the next 3 rounds though Collins and Brees are available at the QB position and I need a strong backup QB. My philosophy is the fill the starting line up first and then look for quality backups though again if Steven Jackson falls in my lap I am going to take him for the future of my team.