this week's picks

richmond_mat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me get things rolling for the AFC and NFC Championship games next weekend. I'm picking:

The Indianapolis Colts over the New England Patriots

and

The Carolina Panthers over the Philadelphia Eagles

That's right. I'm picking both visiting teams! :unsure:

I have tried to avoid talking trash, in an effort to avoid sounding overconfident and play the part of "bad winner". But since I am getting ripped (by a moderator, nonetheles), I shall exert my prowess as the "King of Playoff Picks."

Humbly...I must say I rule. Mr. Kirkendall, even if you wish to put me down for picking the Rams on Tuesday, and forcing me to stay with that pick, even though I changed it the day after to the Panthers, you have no chance of catching me. I would still firmly be in first place, at 7-1. You and all others must bow down to my genius. Not the genius of a Billick or Martz, but more along the lines of a Da Vinci or Einstein.

Only jbengals can even carry my jock and have a chance to pull out a last minute, Panthers-like win over me. Good luck, jbengals. As for Kirkendall, I rule.

P.S. I rule. :D

All I hear is trash-talk from sore losers. How upset does this board get when players/fans from other teams chalk up Bengals wins to luck, and giving the game away rather than actually being beaten.

Keep ragging on Brooksie...I'll just keep winning.

Who has the knowledge granted by the football gods?

Swagger when you win, keep the mouth shut when you lose. Just look at the scoreboard fellas, talk trash, refuse to give me props on killing you in the picks and then call me defensive?

Keep ragging on Brooksie...I'll just keep winning.

Swagger when you win, keep the mouth shut when you lose.  Just look at the scoreboard fellas, talk trash, refuse to give me props on killing you in the picks and then call me defensive?

You're right brooksie, you are kicking some booty. B)

Keep the swagger down

so Paul Brown

doesn't call you a clown.

Ask Bob Trumpy.

How'd you be doing against the spread? <_< I bet still pretty darn good. I think evryone was like 2-2 in the wild card round. I didn't check it this week, but I think it' similar. Those books sure know what they're doing, sometimes.

BUT A STUD LIKE YOU WOULD HAVE PICKED 'EM DIFFERENTLY IF YOU HAD TO DO THE SPREAD.

:rolleyes:

Since all the picks are in a spread sheat I wondered if betting the zone would have been any good.

ZONE

panthers-rams, 5 - 8, so we'd take the rams.

titans-patriots, 2 - 11, gone with pats and lost the spread.

Colts-Chiefs, 9 - 4, A win!!!

Packers-Eagles, 7 - 6, Another loss against the spread!

That's right folks, collectively we went 1-3, ats. Doesn't bode well for democracy, but maybe our picks would have been different.

:D

When good statistics go bad.... while we didn't do a hot job against the spread, we (at least I) wasn't even thinking about the spread. If we were all picking on beating the spread or not, I think we'd have done better, so that 1 - 3 against the spread is a little misleading.

This is what I get for taking statistics in college....

Sounds like a buddy of mine whose a math major -- going for PHD -- and when you mention numbers he goes on a spree. For example, if you ask me how me football games are played in a typical season, I'd say 16, not he. He'd find equations, variables, formulas anything and everything but 16.

I think his final solution was x+.6 + 2/y where as x=11.4 y=.5.

Sounds like a buddy of mine whose a math major -- going for PHD -- and when you mention numbers he goes on a spree.  For example, if you ask me how me football games are played in a typical season, I'd say 16, not he.  He'd find equations, variables, formulas anything and everything but 16.

I think his final solution was x+.6 + 2/y where as x=11.4  y=.5.

Great stuff. Brooksie must have formulas like this making his picks. :D

I do like numbers. :rolleyes: